Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Go:mixer

edited January 2017 in Other

https://static.roland.com/assets/images/products/gallery/gomixer_1_gal.jpg

• Palm-sized audio mixer for smartphones
  • Ideal for both desktop and mobile use
  • Multiple inputs—connect a mic, musical instruments, and media players
  • Plug and play—ready for immediate use right out of the box
  • Connection cables for iOS and Android devices included
  • Powered from the smartphone connection; no batteries or AC adapter required
  • Center Cancel function for karaoke-style singing

99$
https://www.roland.com/us/products/gomixer/

Comments

• Oof! Roland are aware iOS exist after all :o

• Seems expensive for 3 controllable inputs (the iPod line in has no volume control)
    USB powered is a plus though.

• edited January 2017

@AndyPlankton said:
    Seems expensive for 3 controllable inputs (the iPod line in has no volume control)
    USB powered is a plus though.

Not for me, basically rules out a stationary setup. The way it's marketed, and providing zero technical data like SNR is a red flag for me...

This seems to be a better choice, if you already have a usb connection kit: http://de.yamaha.com/de/products/music-production/mixers/ag/ag03/?mode=model

• Confused. Is that two stereo line inputs, a stereo 'instrument' input (via two 1/4" jacks), a guitar input and a mic input?

Love that it's USB powered. Bringing a USB brick is a lot easier than bringing a generator. :)

• AG03 looks nice too. $50 more for a similar idea but a different feature set.

• IDK. When I see something like "center cancel" that sends up a red flag that it is designed for other than pro use. IMO.

• Seems like a god send for people wanting to make YouTube vids of their guitar performances.

• @Martygras said:
    IDK. When I see something like "center cancel" that sends up a red flag that it is designed for other than pro use. IMO.

Yep.

@BiancaNeve said:
    Seems like a god send for people wanting to make YouTube vids of their guitar performances.

And yep. Vlogs are actually the main called out use case on the Roland page.

• I highly suspect that it will be noisy for some reason

• @Martygras said:
    IDK. When I see something like "center cancel" that sends up a red flag that it is designed for other than pro use. IMO.

Time ago people said the same about touch interfaces.

• @syrupcore said:
    Confused. Is that two stereo line inputs, a stereo 'instrument' input (via two 1/4" jacks), a guitar input and a mic input?

It does look like that to me too, but there are no level controls for the 2 stereo line ins, meaning you would have to set the level on the input devices connected to those inputs.....strange decision for something labelled a mixer

• edited January 2017

@AndyPlankton it makes sense if you put it in context.

Someone take a popular song to cover from external source (phone), cancel the voice and start playing guitar or keys and singing over, record it along video shot and upload it to youtube.
    The live inputs are mixed against the line input, not three altogether. If the material is a groovebox, sampler or so Roland supose you have pre-mixing knowledge or ears almost xD

As some of you pointed "target" is the key.

• You could use 3 ithings (one to record) a mic and a guitar.

• @5pinlink said:
    There are a bunch of these new Go products from Roland

Indeed. https://www.roland.com/us/products/gokeys_go-61k/ has bluetooth audio and midi.

• No XLR input for the mic?

• @Matthew said:
    No XLR input for the mic?

It will need extra power maybe but it seems targeted towards dynamic microphones.

• edited August 2017

Does anyone have anything to say about the Go:keys and Go:piano products? Anyone have one?

Also, I'm having difficulty finding reviews of them from anyone other than people involved in selling them.

• Did anyone buy one of these GoMixer's?

• @MonzoPro said:
    Did anyone buy one of these GoMixer's?

Waiting for a 2nd hand one....

• @BiancaNeve said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Did anyone buy one of these GoMixer's?

Waiting for a 2nd hand one....

Yeah, they're still a bit pricey. Look like handy little things though for recording live jams. I've got a Yamaha MG USB mixer but it's a bit overkill for most use, and a bit of a faff to lug about and setup. Might stick one of these on my xmas list.

• I purchased two Go:Mixers: one for me and another one for a friend of mine as a gift.
    At least they had worked well in an old LG G3 smartphone.
    Now I have a new LG G5, which comes with a USB Type-C port instead of the previous Micro USB.
    I have tried to use the Go:mixer using Micro USB to Type C Adapters, with no luck.
    It is scary that Roland has no solution to this compatibility problem, since the USB Type C is becoming the standard Android port for all new phones.
    For the time being, the Roland Go: mixer is unusable in new android phones!

• Just to let people know a micro usb extension cable does work fine as the lead they ship with from mixer to phone is only 50cm in length as recently tried, as needed length as mounted phone on a tripod for overhead shots.

regards Rick.

• Nu-Trix the Synth guy is using a Roland Go-Mixer. Here is his presentation.
    I’m also interested because of the portability of this little mixer/audio interface...😎

• FYI it’s very easy to use. Remember that it’s cheap and bus powered so don’t expect pristine fidelity but it will get the job done and it opens up a lot of opportunities.

• @gabrielcortez thanks for the reminder that while Apple is a shamelessly greedy company at least they live up to the promise of offering long term support for their products. I left Android precisely for the reason you mentioned, the micro USB power supply has been a cancer for mobile phones because it is the first thing that breaks and one of the hardest things to replace.

• Just recently saw they also have the pro version with an XLR input

• I found this info but can't tell if it applies to the Pro version:

https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/gomixer/support_documents/b509610f-13f4-4a51-a9e2-37819f314380/

So it doesn't allow monitoring of existing tracks in Garageband if you want to record video of yourself jamming along to those tracks, if I read that right.

Also no mention of other DAW apps.

Would love to be corrected on the above though.

• Ok, apparently the Pro does allow monitoring of existing tracks while recording you jam. And it doesn't seem to be tied to a particular DAW - pretty big upgrade over the original for the extra $30.

http://cdm.link/2018/07/your-smartphone-needs-a-pocket-mixer-roland-gomixer-pro-review/