Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iDevice backup trouble

Usualy i don't do full backups often and a couple of months ago i tried an encrypted backup just out of curiosity.But yesterday i realized the encryption is not only for the backup i made...it is set in itunes for all future backups as well.And me,the idiot,forgot the password now.So i'm not able to make full backups anymore,not even with other programs like iMazing...what can i do now?

Comments

• Usually Apple let you recovering forgotten password.

Try to contact them by email. Good luck.

• Thanks,i gotta try this.Hope that works out but i remember that it was really a pita to find a support mail adress.

• edited January 2017

But how could apple know the password of the encryption? that's the whole point, only the user knows. What procedure would they use to help recovering the password of an encrypted device/ backup?, as far as I know all it's done locally. it's not like a forgotten Apple ID password.

For example if a lose the master key of my two step authentication process for my Apple ID and something happens that requires that key my ID is lost forever.

• You may be able to recover it from the keychain on your Mac..

• @BiancaNeve said:
    You may be able to recover it from the keychain on your Mac..

Only If you use keychain...

Here's a link regarding iTunes backups:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205220

• Ooooer that's a bit drastic isn't it.

• @Crabman said:
    Thanks,i gotta try this.Hope that works out but i remember that it was really a pita to find a support mail adress.

I use this one for contacting. Try to change "spanish" and "sp" to match your country. Good luck.

[email protected]

• edited January 2017

@Lacm1993 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    You may be able to recover it from the keychain on your Mac..

Only If you use keychain...

Here's a link regarding iTunes backups:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205220

Ok,that means i'm screwed.I don't use keychain.I think apple could have shown me a"little"warning that the encryption is from now on for everything you want to backup in the future as well and not only for the backup i wanted to use it on.

So,no backups anymore?That's ridiculous.Why the hell do they not let me switch it of for new ones?

I'm always doing backups manually nonetheless,at least for the"bigger"stuff like Auria,Cubasis etc. but it's quite painful to backup everything that way on a 128 GB device.

iTunes was always THE pest for me in the whole Apple eco system and now it's getting to a really personal level.This program can be lucky it's just few lines of code and not a real person^^

• edited July 2017

it's not about the access passwort for the Apple account, but for the file encryption one.
    (which is an entirely different thing and Apple is very clear about it - see link above)
    Such backups contain sensitive personal data and are non reversible by intention.
    As is the one time only decision.
    Otherwise repeated switching between encryption on/off might reveal details about the process which could be abused to break the scheme.

• I wanted to say something very bad about Apple and their attitude and mindset.
    But I deleted it.

;-)

• I don't "use" keychain either but it stores most passwords there anyway automatically so did you look there to make sure? I have no idea if encrypted backups work this way since I don't use them myself.

• wimwim
    edited July 2017

@Telefunky said:
    it's not about the access passwort for the Apple account, but for the file encryption one.
    (which is an entirely different thing and Apple is very clear about it - see link above)
    Such backups contain sensitive personal data and are non reversible by intention.
    As is the one time only decision.
    Otherwise repeated switching between encryption on/off might reveal details about the process which could be abused to break the scheme.

I didn't bother reading the Apple information, but the first question that comes to mind is whether the setting for encryption is in the device or in iTunes. If it's in iTunes, a complete uninstall of iTunes, and removal of all information, followed by a new install might clear things up for future backups?

• I interprete Apple's notes on the topic that the decision to encrypt is linked to the AppleID and once started it cannot be revoked - but language can be a tricky thing.
    Changing the AppleID and transfer stuff to the new one seems a pita to me, I didn't even dare to change my original email.
    You really should verify this by some official source and not forum speculations.
    Best of luck, fingers crossed.

• iTunes may ask for a password because you have never checked the option of encrypted backup, so you do not remember to set a password. To turn off iTunes backup encryption, uncheck the Encrypt backup box in iTunes or enter password to unlock. If you do not remember your password, you have two choices: If you have an iCloud account, you can use iCloud to backup and restore instead of using iTunes.

• edited September 2018

Try your iTunes Store password first. This is most commonly the password to restore your backup.

Or try your 4 digit unlock code for your device. If you have a more complex unlock code involving characters and such, try that too.

Reference may help in your case: https://www.passmoz.com/recover-iphone-backup-password.html