Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dhalang MG (and Lite) 2017 updates, wishes,

2»

Comments

• @skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Every time there's an update I'm more and more fascinated by Dhalang. The thing that's holding me back is my ipad is a mini 2 and although it meets the requirement of a dual core processor I found when I tried out the Lite version it was a little finicky but was better when I used a stylus. I also read that the use of a midi controller is recommended and that's good. Since I'm not in the position of upgrading my mini does anyone have any advice , tips or experience with Dhalang on an iPad mini? Maybe my mini can't fully handle dhalang?
    Thanks

I don't have a mini, so I can't offer anything there. I'm using an Air 2. But, I CAN say that I've thrown everything impossible can at Dhalang MG with all of its instruments ALL running at once in piano roll, vector generated sequences, partical generated sequences, sliced samplers playing in the matrix, midi out to external synths, etc. and the app has never even so much as hiccuped. Seems rock solid.

As for the smaller mini screen, you can adjust and increase the app's font size which may help some.

Another thing is that I was setting up an additive synth in Dhalang MG, but controlling it via my recently purchased install of Geoshred. It opened up a whole new value component to Dhalang MG, i.e. Customized Additive, Analog, Physically Modeled, synths that can be externally controlled.

Good dev that keeps on evolving and refining the app too.

This is very useful info thanks. The fact you can attest to it being rock solid is very reassuring. So the apps' font size can be adjusted within the app itself or in my devices settings? Synths being externally controlled sounds like an avenue that would be new to me

• @skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Every time there's an update I'm more and more fascinated by Dhalang. The thing that's holding me back is my ipad is a mini 2 and although it meets the requirement of a dual core processor I found when I tried out the Lite version it was a little finicky but was better when I used a stylus. I also read that the use of a midi controller is recommended and that's good. Since I'm not in the position of upgrading my mini does anyone have any advice , tips or experience with Dhalang on an iPad mini? Maybe my mini can't fully handle dhalang?
    Thanks

I don't have a mini, so I can't offer anything there. I'm using an Air 2. But, I CAN say that I've thrown everything impossible can at Dhalang MG with all of its instruments ALL running at once in piano roll, vector generated sequences, partical generated sequences, sliced samplers playing in the matrix, midi out to external synths, etc. and the app has never even so much as hiccuped. Seems rock solid.

As for the smaller mini screen, you can adjust and increase the app's font size which may help some.

Another thing is that I was setting up an additive synth in Dhalang MG, but controlling it via my recently purchased install of Geoshred. It opened up a whole new value component to Dhalang MG, i.e. Customized Additive, Analog, Physically Modeled, synths that can be externally controlled.

Very good info thanks. Reassuring to know you can attest to dhalang being rock solid. Can you increase the apps font size within the app or in my devices' settings?

• edited March 2017

@Arpseechord said:

@skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Thanks

Very good info thanks. Reassuring to know you can attest to dhalang being rock solid. Can you increase the apps font size within the app or in my devices' settings?

You can increase it in app. I have mine set to the default "1" font size. If you go too big, the menus don't quite align well. But increasing it to 2-3 seems to be acceptable.

You can also change the app coloring too. I'm using the purple one now. The red and blue ones are nice. Not wild about the default green color, but it's easy for readability.

• @skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:

@skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Thanks

You can increase it in app. I have mine set to the default "1" font size. If you go too big, the menus don't quite align well. But increasing it to 2-3 seems to be acceptable.

You can also change the app coloring too. I'm using the purple one now. The red and blue ones are nice. Not wild about the default green color, but it's easy for readability.

Blue sounds nice! Thanks for the info
    Cheers :)

• Upon further research I read within a comprehensive review on Soundbytes magazine the developer of Dhalang recommends a 64 bit iPad Air 2 as a minimum for running the software. So for me I'll have to pass on this one

• @Arpseechord said:
    Upon further research I read within a comprehensive review on Soundbytes magazine the developer of Dhalang recommends a 64 bit iPad Air 2 as a minimum for running the software. So for me I'll have to pass on this one

Too bad. That surprises me a bit, but it IS doing an incredible amount of processing if you're using many of it's features. Still, it runs like a very efficiently coded bit of software to me.

He also have an OSX version if you're on a Mac. Almost exactly the same and the same price too I think. You an also swap projects back and fourth between the iOS and OSX versions.

• @skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Upon further research I read within a comprehensive review on Soundbytes magazine the developer of Dhalang recommends a 64 bit iPad Air 2 as a minimum for running the software. So for me I'll have to pass on this one

Too bad. That surprises me a bit, but it IS doing an incredible amount of processing if you're using many of it's features. Still, it runs like a very efficiently coded bit of software to me.

He also have an OSX version if you're on a Mac. Almost exactly the same and the same price too I think. You an also swap projects back and fourth between the iOS and OSX versions.

I am on Mac so that might be worth checking out after all, thanks! Guess I'm so much in an iOS frame of mind :) and then before we know it Gadget for Mac is beckoning

• edited March 2017

@Arpseechord said:

@skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:

I am on Mac so that might be worth checking out after all, thanks! Guess I'm so much in an iOS frame of mind :) and then before we know it Gadget for Mac is beckoning

Check it out. I have both. :) The updates come about the same time for iOS and OSX. I have more synths and stuff for iOS so I tend to use it more on iOS for driving other synths, and now using other controllers to drive Dhalang's synths too.

On the desktop I don't own as much... other than a few odd items, Dhalang MG and Logic Pro X (that I honestly should force myself to use more)

• @skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:

@skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:

Check it out. I have both. :) The updates come about the same time for iOS and OSX. I have more synths and stuff for iOS so I tend to use it more on iOS for driving other synths, and now using other controllers to drive Dhalang's synths too.

On the desktop I don't own as much... other than a few odd items, Dhalang MG and Logic Pro X (that I honestly should force myself to use more)

I can relate to you :) Just have to find the time to discipline myself so I'm learning more about this " hobby"!!

• @Hypertonal I love this app, although I'm far from familiar with many of its finer points thus far.

Any prospect of a Windows version in the reasonably near future?

• @richiehoop said:
    @Hypertonal I love this app, although I'm far from familiar with many of its finer points thus far.

Windows version is just as ready as Mac/iOS versions, but still I haven't found a good way to distribute it.

I've been trying to get it to the Microsoft Store, as they now (say they) support also win32 binaries with
    Windows Bridge program, but after getting some binaries through an amount of agreements and meta-BS, the
    result is that they will contact me personally, in some day... With some googling this seems to be usual issue
    with MS, and some developer had waited already over one month for MS to contact about Desktop Bridge...

Steam release has been also under scope but now it seems there aren't any actual music creating programs in Steam and many users haven't liked the idea that Steam must be always on while using Dhalang... I'm still re-searching some easy way to publish it without having to do all the licensing/updates/code-signing/taxes/legal/etc myself, I you know anything please tell.

• Thanks for that. It's good to know that the Windows version is almost ready to go, if you can find a way to distribute it. I have no expertise in that area, but I have often bought Windows-based music software from small independent developers using various platforms, such as Gumroad or resellers like Plugin Boutique.

There are indeed music creating programs available on Steam, such as Z3ta+, Rytmik Ultimate, Sonar and Music Maker, so that's definitely an option for you too.

Anyway, good luck with it, and I hope to see it available for Windows soon.

• in case this hasn't been posted yet, a review from January 2017:

http://soundbytesmag.net/dhalangmg/

• @Hypertonal said:

@richiehoop said:
    @Hypertonal I love this app, although I'm far from familiar with many of its finer points thus far.

Windows version is just as ready as Mac/iOS versions, but still I haven't found a good way to distribute it.

I've been trying to get it to the Microsoft Store, as they now (say they) support also win32 binaries with
    Windows Bridge program, but after getting some binaries through an amount of agreements and meta-BS, the
    result is that they will contact me personally, in some day... With some googling this seems to be usual issue
    with MS, and some developer had waited already over one month for MS to contact about Desktop Bridge...

Steam release has been also under scope but now it seems there aren't any actual music creating programs in Steam and many users haven't liked the idea that Steam must be always on while using Dhalang... I'm still re-searching some easy way to publish it without having to do all the licensing/updates/code-signing/taxes/legal/etc myself, I you know anything please tell.

I don't see why you bother to go through Windows store...this is not Apple...
    Create a website and sell via PayPal...I have bought Reaktor ensembles from Everything Turns, just be your own boss...
    http://www.everythingturns.com/

• I still haven't worked out if it's possible to create a custom scale based around the midi bindings of a drum app for example, being able to cycle through exact notes which appear in the scale, including octave seems not possible unless there's a trick to it. This would be great for it's midi out capabilities.

Anyone else tried this?

• edited March 2017

Does anyone using Dhalang MG know if you can record the midi generated by the Vectors, Particles, etc. within Dhalang, save and export the midi file out? I vaguely remember this is possible, but recall how you do it. @Hypertonal