Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

which iOS synth would provide the most presets?

looking for a synth app with a rich stock of presets for fast browsing. what would you recommend?

Comments

• Synthmaster with all the IAPs...

• Korg iM1 with expansion cards you get 3,300 sounds.

• @Samu said:
    Synthmaster with all the IAPs...

@studioAB said:
    Korg iM1 with expansion cards you get 3,300 sounds.

Ya, both of those. They are both really great synths. With a lot of presets. Which is good for me, cuz I am not a patch maker. for sure..........

• TeraSynth is also ~1000 presets...

• edited January 2017

@High5denied said:

@Samu said:
    Synthmaster with all the IAPs...

@studioAB said:
    Korg iM1 with expansion cards you get 3,300 sounds.

Ya, both of those. They are both really great synths. With a lot of presets. Which is good for me, cuz I am not a patch maker. for sure..........

Agreed. Both come to mind.

Plus Sunrizer with all the free web library addons.

Magellan too.

• @Samu said:
    TeraSynth is also ~1000 presets...

+1 :+1: as well.

• Sunrizer, loads of presets available on other threads on this forum. Quantity doesn't always equal quality.

• Addictive Pro.

Spend one day throwing those dice and you'll have loads of presets ;) and they will be different to everyone else's!

• my vote is Thor for both preset numbers and sorting of presets - there are a few more patches you can get online - some from Jacob too! nice bells! Sunrizer is good too , like the way you can star favourites easily. also can get lots more online.

• edited January 2017

Z3ta+ is another, there are thousands of free presets in libraries on the interwebs, as well as Cakewalk's libraries for sale on their site.
    The stock set is well categorized and includes the star-for-fav function, also which preset you want the app to open with.
    Tera's library is huge as mentioned above and also has those randomizing dice...

• Is Crystal Synth still kicking? If so, it's another with a boatload of web presets.

• edited January 2017

Would be helpful to know what kind of music/presets you are making/ looking for.

IM1 is going to more naturally lend itself to quite a different sound/feel to something like Z3ta.

• Yes Crystal Synth got an update within the past 6 or so months.

• Addictive synth with random button(s) as well as Crystal Synth. As far as presets SYNTHMASTER all the way for quality, variety, and numbers.

• You can find tons of animoog presets and timbres.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Z3ta+ is another, there are thousands of free presets in libraries on the interwebs, as well as Cakewalk's libraries for sale on their site.
    The stock set is well categorized and includes the star-for-fav function, also which preset you want the app to open with.
    Tera's library is huge as mentioned above and also has those randomizing dice...

Gold call, any issues with Z3ta+? I can vaguely remember comments on some issues? Is it an IAA instrument?

• edited January 2017

@dermichl said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Gold call, any issues with Z3ta+? I can vaguely remember comments on some issues? Is it an IAA instrument?

It is IAA, though there's no IAA transport bar, and the knobs and sliders can be tiny. For me those are minor issues, it's a first tier synth with very few peers on iOS, very deep and powerful. You may want to do a search on the forum and see what folks have said, a issue for some is simply there's been no update for a very long time, though it ain't broken, there's some stuff that could be refined, (that I overlook). Processing wise it challenged earlier devices, no issues now on Air 2 latest ios.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Addictive synth with random button(s) as well as Crystal Synth. As far as presets SYNTHMASTER all the way for quality, variety, and numbers.

Korg's iWavestation's Random button is also a UPM(Unlimited Preset Machine:)

• edited January 2017

Here's a nice list of Z3ta+ presets

• Thanks for this link, I've got 1500+ above and beyond the factory sets, and these are above and beyond those...

• Dat magellan Spawn button tho... With that and iwavestations random
    Button you can get some gold for sure

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Would be helpful to know what kind of music/presets you are making/ looking for.

IM1 is going to more naturally lend itself to quite a different sound/feel to something like Z3ta.

i like this harsh digitally sounding bass sounds. no need for a moog replica.

• @dermichl said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

i like this harsh digitally sounding bass sounds. no need for a moog replica.

Not sure any of the mega preset synths mentioned here lean toward "harsh digital" but of the contenders I imagine Tera or maybe Z3ta will probably fit the bill best. None are terribly moogish but most are on the clean side. Those two have some gnarly bits though. More than iM1 anyway.

• Though, come to think of it, iWS's randomizer might actually be best. The presets are mostly "digital clean" but anything can erupt from the randomizer.

• as the dev of Synthmaster is not answering my question i ask you experts: when i buy the pro expansion for Synthmaster (with all the presets) do the add on packages from say Big Tone, Rob Lee and others add any more presets?

• @dermichl said:
    as the dev of Synthmaster is not answering my question i ask you experts: when i buy the pro expansion for Synthmaster (with all the presets) do the add on packages from say Big Tone, Rob Lee and others add any more presets?

Yes- the extra packs are distinct, the only over lap is among the IAP that are themed or maker bundles of seperate theme or maker banks

• edited January 2017

Synths with good catagories for the presets are great. Being able to find the kind of sound you are imagining without having to sort through endless, unrelated sounds is an underrated feature. Something with a ton of presets isn't that useful, until there is a good way of sorting them. Then a huge library becomes really useful, rather than a time waster.

General catagories are good, like Leads, Percussion, arpeggio, pads, bass, etc. Sugarbytes Cyclop has an interesting preset system, going farther, where you can tag the sounds like you would with pictures, with keywords, and sort them in all different ways. Buzzy, chill, short, thin, phat, etc. iM1 has that too, character info that can be stored with the sound, and you can whittle down the massive amount of presets that way, very good.

Actually, @dermichl, Cyclop is exclusively, harsh digital bass sounds, with a rich preset system.

• @dermichl said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Yes it is. However, it doesn't recall its last state. Also, if you make custom presets to recall manually, be prepared to be disappointed when you can't export them via email, Dropbox, etc, due to the app crashing like a hunk of junk despite the synth itself being totally boss. It hasn't been updated in almost two years' time, and it leaves the impression that Cakewalk really doesn't care about its mobile users.

• To answer your question however, I'm on the Thor bandwagon, iM1 bandwagon, Roland Soundcanvas has hundreds of sounds (a fair number of them rather cheesy but endearing), I love Sunrizer and Crystal Synth XT too. Also, any synth app that's State Saving compatible within Audiobus will technically have unlimited presets as Audiobus has unlimited presets. Cheers.