Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

do you master on iOS?

i use cubasis (on an iPad 4 runnig iOS8) to arrange my audio from various apps and then transer to final touch to "master" and then i share it on soundcloud. im not always happy with the results though. i find soundcloud loses some of the sound quality. it gets quiet. or maybe im not mastering correctly. or transfering, for that matter.
does anyone share their iOS work to soundcloud or spotify without mastering? what are your thoughts on that?
should i master on a laptop instead?
im looking to get more tracks out into the world, and i think final touch is good for boosting certain aspects and making the sound "louder" and cleaner.
any suggestions are helpful.

Comments

• Mastering app is pretty cool too...I use both (final touch) depending on what mood I'm in

• I use Mastering sometimes - it's pretty good. But lately have been mastering in Adobe Audition on desktop - it's a little less work to dial in something that works well I find. But both can achieve good end results.

• @nivrammi said:
    i find soundcloud loses some of the sound quality.

Soundcloud converts your tracks to 128kbps mp3...

• And quite poorly too I might add. Can't stand what Soundcloud does to my songs, don't know why anyone relies on that service anymore :)

• edited January 2017

@nivrammi said:
    i use cubasis (on an iPad 4 runnig iOS8) to arrange my audio from various apps and then transer to final touch to "master" <

This was exactly my method, until I got Fab Filter Pro-MB and Pro-L for Auria Pro.

I can honestly say that, even using tweaked presets, this paring produces better results.

Not that Final Touch has been abandoned, or is suddenly no good, indeed it is an excellent app, and under some circumstances I'll still be using it, as sometimes that is the feel I'll prefer. Also got Mastering app, but haven't really got on with it as well as the two above.

So, if possible, try the Auria Pro and Fab Filter approach. You will hear the difference.

• edited January 2017

For any mp3 output you should NOT use a master with full 0dBfs loudness.
    It WILL distort on playback, so keep peaks at least at -0.5dB... in some cases it may need even -2dB (depends on content)
    FabFilter Pro-L is a good tool to adjust perceived loudness, way better that maximizing by compression/gain adjustment.
    Soundcloud indeed blurs the output in a noticable way, but not as bad as it used to in earlier years.
    You can even (ab)use that to your own advantage with cheap or somewhat harsh condensor mics, it nicely washes out some of the bite.
    In other words: don't upload your perfect studio master, but a slightly more 'cutting' version.

• @nrgb said:

@nivrammi said:
    i find soundcloud loses some of the sound quality.

Soundcloud converts your tracks to 128kbps mp3...

Only just got Soundcloud recently to upload some synth sounds on here and I wondered why they sounded like they were missing something from the originals.

• edited January 2017

I do occasionally, (using Auria Pro / Fab filter plug ins), but I seem to find it much easier on the desktop.
    Looking forward to some AU plugins in the future, that will do the job, as well as the above.