Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TROUBLEMAKER 1.2, now with 64 step sequencer

Comments

• I've been running a cool setup recently with Patterning triggering Ruismaker on 1-4 and 5-8 going to Viking Synth through Thumbjam (for scale lock) then onto Modstep for complementary chord pads (back into TJ for scale lock..). Viking is pretty good for the task but I cannot wait to try it out with with Troublemaker.

• I'm pretty eager to get my fingers on Troublemaker too, so much that I noticed the manual link on the Troublemaker page points to the Ruismaker Guide :D

• Hoping to finish the actual guide today B)

• Excitement building. I've been playing with Rebirth, Finger Pro Bassline, my 303 and my x0xb0x. Bring it on..

• Here's already the MIDI CC# cheat sheet, so you can get your MIDI controllers ready for some knob twiddling action ;-)

http://ruismaker.com/wp-content/uploads/tmsheet.pdf

• @brambos said:
    Here's already the MIDI CC# cheat sheet, so you can get your MIDI controllers ready for some knob twiddling action ;-)

Cheers!

I noticed that in Patterning that the MIDI automation CCs don't seem to be able to be changed:

Is this any issue in using Troublemaker with Patterning? Or.. is it possible to just use exposed AU parameters with these in the same way that the CCs would control these parameters?

Maybe a 'Patterning Automation Mode' setting would be useful, in the same way that there's a 'GM drums mode' for Ruismakers. I've not done anything more with Ruismaker than trigger drums and tweak the settings by hand though, so maybe when I get stuck into it, it'll actually be pretty simple already.

• @brambos said:
    Here's already the MIDI CC# cheat sheet, so you can get your MIDI controllers ready for some knob twiddling action ;-)

Beautiful stuff ;) . ......When's the ETA of releasing this fab app Sir @brambos?......... I've seen your promo video as much as I've seen the original Wizard of OZ movie. I'm biting at this bit.......... :s

• looks great! has it been submitted to itunes yet? I can't wait to get my hands on this one

• @brambos said:

@Reid said:
    So I sold them cheap and never thought about the 303 again until Iara Lee hired me to handle the publicity for her movie "Modulations" at the Sundance Film Festival in 1998. Then I found out what you could do with that 303 thing.

That's a cool story. Makes you realize how conditioned we are today in the way we use synths and instruments. I know that whenever I see a knob/slider labeled "cutoff" I have an irresistible pavlovian urge to tweak it and hear what happens to the filter :p

@brambos Absolutely! It sounds so ridiculous, but I just used it for the way it was sold to me. I put the bass line to "Daytripper" on it.... :)

• @Reid said:

@brambos said:

@Reid said:
    So I sold them cheap and never thought about the 303 again until Iara Lee hired me to handle the publicity for her movie "Modulations" at the Sundance Film Festival in 1998. Then I found out what you could do with that 303 thing.

That's a cool story. Makes you realize how conditioned we are today in the way we use synths and instruments. I know that whenever I see a knob/slider labeled "cutoff" I have an irresistible pavlovian urge to tweak it and hear what happens to the filter :p

@brambos Absolutely! It sounds so ridiculous, but I just used it for the way it was sold to me. I put the bass line to "Daytripper" on it.... :)

There is a bit of irony here, you put Daytripper on it, and then it becomes the mainstay of music listened to by mainly Night Trippers :D

• I can think of 303 reasons why this is just wrong.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    I can think of 303 reasons why this is just wrong.

yes but the Pitch ain't one

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Hit me!

• @OscarSouth said:

I noticed that in Patterning that the MIDI automation CCs don't seem to be able to be changed:

Is this any issue in using Troublemaker with Patterning? Or.. is it possible to just use exposed AU parameters with these in the same way that the CCs would control these parameters?

MIDI CC's are standardized. It looks like Patterning follows the MIDI spec. Many apps don't for some reason.

• @anickt said:

@OscarSouth said:

MIDI CC's are standardized. It looks like Patterning follows the MIDI spec. Many apps don't for some reason.

Life in the controller world would be much easier if they did follow the spec, some don't follow it because they have too many controls that arent covered by the spec.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Hit me!

:)

• edited January 2017

@OscarSouth said:

@brambos said:

Cheers!

Maybe a 'Patterning Automation Mode' setting would be useful, in the same way that there's a 'GM drums mode' for Ruismakers. I've not done anything more with Ruismaker than trigger drums and tweak the settings by hand though, so maybe when I get stuck into it, it'll actually be pretty simple already.

Yes, hopefully the Troublemaker app will be like his other apps so that an AU host like AUM does allow you to assign the CC# to specific instances of the AU. This works really well for using Patterning to control other synth AU app parameters. Oscilab also works great for providing this type of functionality.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    I can think of 303 reasons why this is just wrong

I got that one!

• And here is the User Manual for your bedtime reading pleasure:

http://ruismaker.com/wp-content/uploads/troublemaker_guide.pdf

• @brambos said:
    And here is the User Manual for your bedtime reading pleasure:

Thank you @brambos !

I hearts me some documentation. :)

• @brambos said:

That was an interesting read :)

• @brambos said:

Thanks. Your manuals are very nice

• Thanks for the manual. Great to see how well you researched this to get all the quirks. Can't wait

• Is this going to work standalone? What iPads/iPhone versions will it work with? iPad3 here... do I miss out?

• edited January 2017

@brambos got an estimated time that this might drop? I want to complete my set (I already have your other 3) but I'm about to be disconnected somewhat for several weeks and hoping I can nab it before I leave for parts unknown. :)

• Nice interesting manual with history lesson. I know Im just gonna love this sequencer. I recon quite a few will loose their first-app-of-2017 cherry when this drops. Nice.
    P.S. You defo are an established dev now, have you considered making a brambros app bundle?

• @
    Imagination notably used the TB-303 bass line as the replacement for an actual bass guitar, as intended. For anyone thinking of going camping, here's some fashion tips from Leee John:

In fact the whole album uses the TB-303 as the bass line:

Actually I just remembered, I once intereviewed Leee John at some computer show or other, and although it never got published in the mag that I was on at the time (ST World) it turned into a general friendly chat about MIDI, including his mentioning how fiddly it was programming their 303 back in their early days.

The bass lines were made with a Roland sh1000

• @FlightManual said:
    Is this going to work standalone? What iPads/iPhone versions will it work with? iPad3 here... do I miss out?

Yes it will be both standalone and plugin.

But since it's based on AUv3 (also in standalone mode) it will run on iPad 4, Mini 2, iPhone 5S and iPod Touch 6 and higher. It's unfortunately a restriction set by Apple irregardless of performance.

• @skiphunt said:
    @brambos got an estimated time that this might drop? I want to complete my set (I already have your other 3) but I'm about to be disconnected somewhat for several weeks and hoping I can nab it before I leave for parts unknown. :)

It's up to Apple now B)

• @brambos said:

@skiphunt said:

It's up to Apple now B)

Woooooohoooooooo!.......... :p