Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TROUBLEMAKER 1.2, now with 64 step sequencer

Comments

• @Munibeast said:
    Great news indeed! So what's next? Sandwichmaker by any chance?

Let's hope for the dev it's a " Moneymaker"!

• Me gusta!!! Cuando?

• @brambos said:

@vpich said:
    Any arp or sequencing? Sounds good. Filling that au gaping hole yet again

Yep. 16 step sequencer specifically designed for that sound and the typical happy accidents needed for that sound.

Once you have a nice pattern going, you can export it as a MID file into your DAW of choice and continue the project using the AU plugin (yay multiple instances).

So the sequencer can't be used while in AU mode?

• Seems like a little work around but way better than what we have now. Here i'm guessing i will jam in aum with patterning and once i have somethig i like, export into auria. The big step up is that my sequence is now midi and i can finess/change in the future, not being stick with the audio.

• The sequencer really needs more space than what's available to the AU letterbox, so imo this is the ideal setup (it's already quite cramped on the 4" phone screen). Also, it would have been very difficult to make the sequencer Link compatible if it had been part of the plugin itself.

• @Brambos, how soon is 'soon' ?

• edited January 2017

@brambos said:

@vpich said:
    Any arp or sequencing? Sounds good. Filling that au gaping hole yet again

Yep. 16 step sequencer specifically designed for that sound and the typical happy accidents needed for that sound.

Once you have a nice pattern going, you can export it as a MID file into your DAW of choice and continue the project using the AU plugin (yay multiple instances).

I LOVE YOU. throws money at screen
    (please let us have audioshare/dropbox export so i do not have to connect to my pc at all)

• edited January 2017

"Soon", as in "It's almost ready to be sent off to Apple" :-D

Troublemaker is really a project that's close to my heart. Since 1997 I've tried at least 5 times to crack the acid sound (originally HammerHead was also supposed to get a bassline built-in). But this is the first time I'm really close - as close as is possible without actually owning a real TB-303.

I've used my TB-3 and TB-03 as starting points, and then improved on the bits they got wrong based on lots and lots of recordings found all over the place. E.g. Roland's own clones never implemented the odd behavior you get when you have multiple accented notes in quick succession (a repeated increase in filter 'howl'). Troublemaker reproduces this effect pretty closely.

The original TB-303 was obviously a one-trick pony, but it's proven to be a pretty complicated and magical trick ;-)

• @brambos said:
    "Soon", as in "It's almost ready to be sent off to Apple" :-D

my money is literally waiting to be spent :D

• @brambos said:

It's not a 303.

I just finishing my work(due to its raining in Cyprus). Then made a cup of coffee. Opened up the iPad, & played you video of Trouble app....... As I pressed play, on the video, then at the same time I slurped my first mouthful of Coffee, I choked & spluttered as my hot Coffee is coming out of my nose, & down my jumper.......... I can't wait for this to be released..........

Thank you so much for this @brambos............. I know it's not a TB303, but mate.......
    Thank you, & respect to you........ All I can say is WOW!.......

It's the nearest thing. Thank you for listening....

Insta Buy for sure. <3

• @brambos said:

@Samu said:
    Troublemaker seems to have a lot more low-end than Finger BassLine that has been my go-to for these types of sounds for a long, long time...

I've tried to come as close as possible to that thing it's officially not trying to be. So it should be fairly accurate. Although it's obviously not a 303.

Just saying B)

Your ass hurts. That might be the best 303 emulation I've ever heard. The roll off of the bass as the resonance peaks is uncanny. Like, "wait, did he cheat for the promo vid??" level uncanny.

I don't have a 303 soft spot but I'll buy this immediately.

• @brambos said:

Class. Brambos style.

• :) :) :) :)

After all, Everybody needs a 303

• @syrupcore said:
    Like, "wait, did he cheat for the promo vid??" level uncanny.

And without needing to saw a real TB-303 in half... :#

• I've said it before, but I just don't get the 303-love. At least this isn't a 303...

• Looks like Korg won't be getting my Xmas voucher cash after all...

• @PhilW said:
    I've said it before, but I just don't get the 303-love. At least this isn't a 303...

+1. I have enough with Rebirth, Bassline and Rhythm Studio sounds.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Looks like Korg won't be getting my Xmas voucher cash after all...

You showed great resilience to hold on that long ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Looks like Korg won't be getting my Xmas voucher cash after all...

You showed great resilience to hold on that long ;)

I know, last day of the sale today too! I'll probably get Ruismaker FM to go with this, for a bit of ModStep powered noodling.

Unless the Korg gets me by the end of today....

• This could very well be the first app I get this year but we never know as it's not out yet :D

• @brambos said:

@syrupcore said:
    Like, "wait, did he cheat for the promo vid??" level uncanny.

And without needing to saw a real TB-303 in half... :#

You the Image Line Transistor Bass VST vid then?......... ;)

• The teaser video is posted on Sonic State also, which is nice to see :)

• Lost count on how many times I've seen the video...

@brambos Does the *.wav export allow the user to set the number of bars that are exported?
    (This might be useful to capture the full cycle of the LFO generated sweeps etc.).

Also when exporting the *.mid file does it include all the CC's to set the AUv3 plug-in to reflect the sound that was used when the export was done or does one have to 'save' the patch prior to export?

I presume export is done using standard iOS-ShareSheet (Open In... to send *.mid & *.wav to DAW or other app) and/or iCloudDrive/iOS-DocumentPicker to send it to say AudioShare.

Can't wait to get my fingers on this one :D

• @Samu said:
    Lost count on how many times I've seen the video...

@brambos Does the *.wav export allow the user to set the number of bars that are exported?
    (This might be useful to capture the full cycle of the LFO generated sweeps etc.).

Also when exporting the *.mid file does it include all the CC's to set the AUv3 plug-in to reflect the sound that was used when the export was done or does one have to 'save' the patch prior to export?

I presume export is done using standard iOS-ShareSheet (Open In... to send *.mid & *.wav to DAW or other app) and/or iCloudDrive/iOS-DocumentPicker to send it to say AudioShare.

Can't wait to get my fingers on this one :D

Wav exports 4 bars. Recording in Blocs Wave is also pretty neat thanks to having Link synchronization.

MID export is clean (no controller data, just notes) since I expect people to want to record their knob tweakery in their DAWs. Also, adding CC codes could clash unpredictably with AU parameter automation (once hosts start adding that feature - hopefully this plugin will make the need for it more visible to the DAW makers out there).

Export is obviously done using Open In/Send To... I know how much yo'all loathe iTunes :smiley:

• @brambos said:

MID export is clean (no controller data, just notes) since I expect people to want to record their knob tweakery in their DAWs.

Understood...

I do miss the classic 'Cubase Mixer Maps' in Cubasis. It was so super easy to create a custom layout with knobs, buttons and sliders that could easily be automated & recorded and there were plenty of ready made layouts for most popular synths back in mid-late 90s...

If possible tease us all with the link to the user-guide if it's ready ;)

• @brambos said:
    Export is obviously done using Open In/Send To... I know how much yo'all loathe iTunes :smiley:

May god bless you my friend :)

• @brambos said:

MID export is clean (no controller data, just notes) since I expect people to want to record their knob tweakery in their DAWs. Also, adding CC codes could clash unpredictably with AU parameter automation (once hosts start adding that feature - hopefully this plugin will make the need for it more visible to the DAW makers out there).

Any chance we could get an optional unclean export ? I'm one of those weirdos that likes to get apps to do all my cc automation....

• This sounds fantastic listening to your promo vid. I've got more than a few emulations including Rebirth which has been my favorite so far, but the sound of this with the addition of AU and Link - great job!!

• What a perfectly strange thing. It really looks wonderful and sounds fantastic. But who in the Roland corporation heard the 303 prototype and said — WOAH. Stop there. THAT is the sound the world needs to hear!

Not sure I'd ever use Troublemaker except as an Ibiza pastiche. And for that level of ACIIEEED! commitment, the Chicago gadget will probably serve me well enough.

But I am mightily impressed with Brambos design and focus. Might just have to buy it for the collection....

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@brambos said:

Any chance we could get an optional unclean export ? I'm one of those weirdos that likes to get apps to do all my cc automation....

I assume the note export will include all slides and ties ?