Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave pitch?

Hi,
Recorded a loop to Blocs inside Audiobus but there is no way to change pitch. The pitch icon appears only on the factory samples. Am I missing something?

Comments

• IIRC if you import or record a loop in blockwaves you have to manually set the key it is in so it can change its pitch. If you don't it won't pitch shift.

• I'm really hoping for a 'fine tune' dial for future releases but not too hopeful.

• @Retzilience said:
    IIRC if you import or record a loop in blockwaves you have to manually set the key it is in so it can change its pitch. If you don't it won't pitch shift.

• @OscarSouth said:
    I'm really hoping for a 'fine tune' dial for future releases but not too hopeful.

Me too! I was trying out making some loops from 70's vinyl records, no doubt recorded before the days of A=440Hz, and couldn't get them in tune. Was surprised there wasn't a cents tuning option, I'm so used to that in desktop samplers.

• @Processaurus said:

@OscarSouth said:
    I'm really hoping for a 'fine tune' dial for future releases but not too hopeful.

Me too! I was trying out making some loops from 70's vinyl records, no doubt recorded before the days of A=440Hz, and couldn't get them in tune. Was surprised there wasn't a cents tuning option, I'm so used to that in desktop samplers.

Well now that there's two of us.. let's bring it up every time Blocs Wave is mentioned and hope that it happens!

I'm working myself with samples I've taken from ethnic instrument performers that have a pitch but are not tuned to any given reference pitch

• @OscarSouth said:

@Processaurus said:

@OscarSouth said:

Well now that there's two of us.. let's bring it up every time Blocs Wave is mentioned and hope that it happens!

I'm working myself with samples I've taken from ethnic instrument performers that have a pitch but are not tuned to any given reference pitch

In case this is useful to you - today I picked up Egoist (while it's still on sale) as someone mentioned it was good for prepping loops in perfect time in order to be used with Blocs Wave. Turns out that it has fine tune dials in surplus too which makes it an ideal companion for getting difficult material ready for use in Blocs Wave.

• edited December 2016

There is actually a way to do this, but it is a bit of a work around. Also, it does depend where you start:

1) You've recorded something in

• Navigate to the Find > User screen.
    • Select the gear icon next to the sound/file you want to change pitch
    • Select the key, and then change it
    • Tip: To make the pitch go UP, the Key needs to go down, and vice-versa

2) You're using a Soundpack loop OR you want the pitch change only to affect your current project
    * Press and hold the pad you want to change pitch (A drop down menu appears)
    * Press Flatten
    * Now follow (1) above

We will add much easier pitch changing. It's been on our list since Blocs Wave was released.

Happy New Year all.

• @blocsxnovation said:

We will add much easier pitch changing. It's been on our list since Blocs Wave as released.

Happy New Year all.

Happy New Year indeed!! :)

• New year when ?

@AudioGus said:

@blocsxnovation said:

We will add much easier pitch changing. It's been on our list since Blocs Wave as released.

Happy New Year all.

• @topaz said:
    New year when ?

@AudioGus said:

@blocsxnovation said:

Happy New Year all.

December 2016?
    Did you see the date of the post you quoted?

• Of course I did, I was being sarcastic as it’s still not added.

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@topaz said:
    New year when ?

@AudioGus said:

@blocsxnovation said:

Happy New Year all.

December 2016?

• @topaz said:
    Of course I did, I was being sarcastic as it’s still not added.

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@topaz said:
    New year when ?

@AudioGus said:

@blocsxnovation said:

Happy New Year all.

December 2016?

Ah! Then which better than when

:lol:

• I didn’t go to school much ;-)

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@topaz said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@topaz said:
    New year when ?

@AudioGus said:

@blocsxnovation said:

Happy New Year all.

December 2016?

• @topaz said:
    I didn’t go to school much ;-)

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@topaz said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@topaz said:
    New year when ?

@AudioGus said:

@blocsxnovation said:

Happy New Year all.

December 2016?

Don’t worry I wasn’t sure about your post but after understanding it, made me laugh badly :wink:
    Maybe @AmpifyxNovation could join us and bring some news...

• Three years ago with iOS is like a whole other dimension.

• So much potential for Blocs Wav to be great, its such a shame when things just stagnate :-(

Pitch per slice, manual slice positions, option to load fx auv, user folders with file manager integration, mixer, rx2 import, more scenes (6 limit wtf) and so much more.

• @topaz said:
    So much potential for Blocs Wav to be great, its such a shame when things just stagnate :-(

Pitch per slice, manual slice positions, option to load fx auv, user folders with file manager integration, mixer, rx2 import, more scenes (6 limit wtf) and so much more.

I will love to see true answers about why not implement some, any or all of these from @AmpifyxNovation...