Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

First song using Drum Session

Recorded in Auria with AmpliTube, Bias FX, Drum Session, AudioBus. Mixed down to Audiobus, then to Lurssen. I think the drums sound pretty damn good. Thanks @DerekBuddemeyer

Comments

• Hey that sounds pretty good. Have u used all vanilla loops from the app or any home brewed by yourself?

• Great track - great app

• Super awesome!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Hey that sounds pretty good. Have u used all vanilla loops from the app or any home brewed by yourself?

Thanks for listening. I tweaked/edited what was there, and saved them in user file to drop in later.

• @ErrkaPetti great app.

@cuscolima thanks, and yes it really is a great app.

@Musikman4Christ thank you, kindly.

• edited December 2016

\m/

Channeling Keef and Mick Ronson in that solo.

• edited December 2016

Love that rockn'roll vibe!! Really good artie!!
    Nice guitar work man!!

• Great song, well played and sung, with great sounds MR @supanorton ! :smile:
    Some parts of the vocal remind me of The Cars :smile:

• @supanorton said:
    Recorded in Auria with AmpliTube, Bias FX, Drum Session, AudioBus. Mixed down to Audiobus, then to Lurssen. I think the drums sound pretty damn good. Thanks @DerekBuddemeyer

WOW! Dude! That's was awesome...love the fills and how you were able to throw you're own little tweaks in there. This was so badass.

• Wow, what a great song, catchy and very well put together. Great singing and playing in addition to the very effective drum track.

• Very nice. Kinda Stones-ish.

• Loved it! Great way to start my day hearing this! Good song structure and great feel. Thank you!

• Excellent track all-around! And the drums do sound really nice. Thanks for sharing :+1:

Question - can you control the relative volume of individual voices, say for example, crash cymbals or hihats? That's my biggest problem with the AI drummer in GarageBand - to get the drums to the level I prefer, the crash cymbals are almost deafening.

• @kgmessier said:
    \m/

Channeling Keef and Mick Ronson in that solo.

Wow!!!! Thank you. I'm a Keef disciple, but I've never been mentioned in the same breath as Mick Ronson. Thank you so very much.

• @flo26 said:
    Love that rockn'roll vibe!! Really good artie!!
    Nice guitar work man!!

Thank you so very much, Flo. Coming from you, that's a hell of a compliment.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Great song, well played and sung, with great sounds MR @supanorton ! :smile:
    Some parts of the vocal remind me of The Cars :smile:

Thank you, Colin. I thought this had a pop rock sort of feel, so The Cars really are quite a compliment for me. Thank you, sir.

• @DerekBuddemeyer said:

@supanorton said:

WOW! Dude! That's was awesome...love the fills and how you were able to throw you're own little tweaks in there. This was so badass.

Thanks, Derek. You've made a fantastic app for the acoustic drum loving community. I can't wait to get working on the next song

• @PhilW said:
    Wow, what a great song, catchy and very well put together. Great singing and playing in addition to the very effective drum track.

Thank you, Phil. It's really nice to know that there are actual people who get some enjoyment from what I do. Thanks so much for listening.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Very nice. Kinda Stones-ish.

Thank you so much for listening. "Stones-ish" is even better than "Beatlesque" to me.

• @eustressor said:
    Excellent track all-around! And the drums do sound really nice. Thanks for sharing :+1:

Question - can you control the relative volume of individual voices, say for example, crash cymbals or hihats? That's my biggest problem with the AI drummer in GarageBand - to get the drums to the level I prefer, the crash cymbals are almost deafening.

Thank you, sir. Only velocity control, but some kits have louder cymbals on the kit mix. I do remember Derek saying in the Drum Session thread that stem export was coming. For what it's worth, the kit I used had about 25% more velocity available on the crash.

• @sbcfx said:
    Loved it! Great way to start my day hearing this! Good song structure and great feel. Thank you!

I can't begin to tell you how good that makes me feel. You made my day by taking the time to comment.

• @supanorton said:
    Thank you, sir. Only velocity control, but some kits have louder cymbals on the kit mix. I do remember Derek saying in the Drum Session thread that stem export was coming. For what it's worth, the kit I used had about 25% more velocity available on the crash.

Thank you for the feedback - it really is a question of when, not if, I take the Drum Session plunge. It sounds awesome. So does your song. So does that album you released this song reminded me I need to go buy. Rock on! :sunglasses:

• @eustressor said:

@supanorton said:

Thank you for the feedback - it really is a question of when, not if, I take the Drum Session plunge. It sounds awesome. So does your song. So does that album you released this song reminded me I need to go buy. Rock on! :sunglasses:

By the way, Lurssen Mastering app is on sale now. I know you've been tempted.

• @supanorton said:

@eustressor said:

@supanorton said:

By the way, Lurssen Mastering app is on sale now. I know you've been tempted.

Thanks - I certainly have, but then I went and practiced mastering in Auria long enough to finally beat Lürssen in an A/B test (quite possibly a fluke, but high hopes and all). I do think Lürssen has been unfairly compared to automated online services like LANDR, as well as stand-alone mastering apps that cost much less.

IMO, if the current sale price was full retail, and a sale brought the whole enchilada under US $50, that would put it (roughly) in the same league as my precioussss, the M3000 fully loaded, and I would probably buy it for convenience to master jingles and what not. Hello, @ikmultimedia?

As it stands, I think IK priced it out of reach for a lot of potential customers. I do think it's a great app if you've got the moolah. They've managed to strike a very nice balance, granting just enough control to boost and sweeten your mix without allowing you to break it :+1:

Shit! Forgot to go buy your album last night! Everybody who hasn't checked it out yet, it's here: https://artienorton.bandcamp.com/releases - and from the songs I've previewed, it rocks :sunglasses:

• edited December 2016

@eustressor said:

Thanks - I certainly have, but then I went and practiced mastering in Auria long enough to finally beat Lürssen in an A/B test (quite possibly a fluke, but high hopes and all). I do think Lürssen has been unfairly compared to automated online services like LANDR, as well as stand-alone mastering apps that cost much less.

Glad you've been able to get them working to suit your needs. I must say that I've just started using the FF C2 on my mix bus and am really liking it. May be time to check them out again. Actually, I reported a problem to @ikmultimedia support about Lurssen's state saving not working over two months ago. They actually asked me to make a video of it instead of testing it themselves. I was really put off by that. They still haven't fixed it either.

@eustressor said:

Shit! Forgot to go buy your album last night! Everybody who hasn't checked it out yet, it's here: https://artienorton.bandcamp.com/releases - and from the songs I've previewed, it rocks :sunglasses:

Thanks for mentioning my album, sir.

• @supanorton said:
    @eustressor said:

Glad you've been able to get them working to suit your needs. I must say that I've just started using the FF C2 on my mix bus and am really liking it. May be time to check them out again. Actually, I reported a problem to @ikmultimedia support about Lurssen's state saving not working over two months ago. They actually asked me to make a video of it instead of testing it themselves. I was really put off by that. They still haven't fixed it either.

They always try to recreate issues, and in your ticket 148338 they mention they had tried and could not do so before requesting a video (meant to assist them in recreating your issue which they did already try before requesting the video). I will relay this ticket and that the issue is still not resolved for you to the team to have them take another look at what is going on.

• @ikmultimedia said:

They always try to recreate issues, and in your ticket 148338 they mention they had tried and could not do so before requesting a video (meant to assist them in recreating your issue which they did already try before requesting the video). I will relay this ticket and that the issue is still not resolved for you to the team to have them take another look at what is going on.

Thank you; I appreciate your assistance. I'm frustrated that the app has been broken for over three months.

• It's impressive, no one would ever guess that it's an iOS app playing the drum track...

• @Patric_Bateman said:
    It's impressive, no one would ever guess that it's an iOS app playing the drum track...

That's exactly what I like to hear!