Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Free Gift from Arturia (Until 12/25) Moog Minifilter V

edited December 2016 in Other

There's a countdown clock on their site, so you can see exactly how much time you have left to pick this up depending on your time zone.

From their site:

The MiniFilter V software effect is the latest embodiment of work that started in 2003 when Arturia partnered with Bob Moog to recreate the illustrious synthesizers he designed as software instruments.

The 24dB/oct Ladder filter has always been at the core of the Model D monosynth myth. So we applied the greatest care and used the latest technological advances to reproduced its warm and highly musical tone.

Whether you are a singer, a guitarist, a DJ, a producer.... the MiniFilter V will spice up your music. Emphasize the warmth of your voice, make your lead guitar sound more trenchant, amplify the weight of your drum track.

https://www.arturia.com/get-your-free-minifilter-v?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=minifilter-v_gift_2016&utm_term=festive-gift-minifilter-v_paid-search&utm_content=minifilter-v_paid-search

Comments

• This sounds cool but the link is not working. I noticed that its an "https://..." so maybe you need special authentication?

• edited December 2016

@scadet Others have reported this. Try refreshing your page.

• Worked for me (and thanks for the nudge).

• edited December 2016

Curious... I used the link, downloaded, installed, registered, then tried it out in Logic Pro. It's an interesting filter, but why is it over 400MB to install? Doesn't that seem excessive since that's nearly half the size of my entire LPX install?

EDIT: Even though I can now see this is much more than just a filter, it's still odd that the install size is so large. Really cool though. Amazing effects you can get this this, and incredible how impressive this is, while also being free. Interested in exploring it's "Sample & Hold" function, but I'm not entirely sure what that is or how to use it. The preset "Simple S&H" is groovy though.

• @skiphunt On the PC it's a 103 MB download

• edited December 2016

@Reid said:
    @skiphunt On the PC it's a 103 MB download

The download on the Mac was only around 188MB but during the actual install, it said it would need 432MB of space.

• sounded quite good but made Cubase freeze several times, my old computer to weak maybe

(.. I'll get a new one next month)

• edited December 2016

@skiphunt said:

@Reid said:

The download on the Mac was only around 188MB but during the actual install, it said it would need 432MB of space.

I saw the same estimate when I installed on Mac, but the actual installation is less than 200mb. This still seems a little high, but I remember when the latest V collection came out people were complaining about the large install sizes and I think it boiled down to the increase in graphics resources to allow for the resizable GUI, which the previous version did not have (but sorely needed).

Anyway, this thing sounds great!

EDIT: actually around 240mb on my system will both AU and VST2 (I removed VST3).

• Yep, it's plugins + Arturia Software Center app + a lot of BMP images of the UI

• edited December 2016

@Reid
    Thanks for this! Free Moog, what could be cooler?

• edited December 2016

@Littlewoodg Yeah I like it too. Kind of like Filtatron in some ways, as it's an effect-- but much better.

There's so much free or very cheap Christmas stuff out there that isn't iOS ...
    In addition to the two things from Sonokinetic there's a free Reed Organ from Soniccouture. Reg 59 euros
    http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/28-rare-and-experimental/g57-estey-reed-organ/

Should I keep posting this stuff?

• @excesseye said:

@skiphunt said:

@Reid said:

I saw the same estimate when I installed on Mac, but the actual installation is less than 200mb. This still seems a little high, but I remember when the latest V collection came out people were complaining about the large install sizes and I think it boiled down to the increase in graphics resources to allow for the resizable GUI, which the previous version did not have (but sorely needed).

Anyway, this thing sounds great!

EDIT: actually around 240mb on my system will both AU and VST2 (I removed VST3).

Indeed. Sounds awesome! No complaints here really. Seems pretty deep and I'd be happy and content had I paid for it. Getting it for free makes me feel a little guilty. ;)

• @Reid said:
    @Littlewoodg Yeah I like it too. Kind of like Filtatron in some ways, as it's an effect-- but much better.

There's so much free or very cheap Christmas stuff out there that isn't iOS ...
    In addition to the two things from Sonokinetic there's a free Reed Organ from Soniccouture. Reg 59 euros
    http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/28-rare-and-experimental/g57-estey-reed-organ/

Should I keep posting this stuff?

Grateful that you do Mister Reid.

• For any Maschine users here, I created the NKS files and presets for this cool plugin. I only provided install info for Mac, but i'm sure any Win users can figure it out easy enough.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2zgcxenhpf5628c/MiniFilterNKS.zip?dl=0

• Thank you for posting this, @Reid! All the best!

• Here's the MiniFilter V Introduction Tutorial

• Grateful to you @JohnnyGoodyear

@theconnactic Same to you! Feliz Ano Novo!