Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthQ update with Sequencer / Arp

Check it out

Comments

• A built in Sequencer / Arp really works well for SynthQ's crazy noises. Yeah you can tame this as a synth, but SynthQ is so good at making industrial noises that it just really makes sense to put in the sequencer and arp.

• nice update :)

• edited December 2016

I think this is one of the hidden gems, that's now even more impressive. I figured out most of the new stuff intuitively, then discovered the new in-app manual that's very well done and nicely laid out.

• This has got even bettter. But I cannot find how to turn on Ableton Link. Any pointers fellas?

• edited December 2016

@studs1966 said:
    This has got even bettter. But I cannot find how to turn on Ableton Link. Any pointers fellas?

There's a "link" button right underneath the play button on the sequencer module. Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the positive comments everyone!

• @studs1966 said:
    This has got even bettter. But I cannot find how to turn on Ableton Link. Any pointers fellas?

@billjobs_in_space said:

@studs1966 said:

There's a "link" button right underneath the play button on the sequencer module. Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the positive comments everyone!

Ah!....... Thanks. ;)

• Great update. Thanks for the heads up.

• @skiphunt : How do I access the manual? Is it a written one? All I can see is the "tutorial" button which just seems to open up a series of blinking pages.

• edited December 2016

@Telstar5 said:
    @skiphunt : How do I access the manual? Is it a written one? All I can see is the "tutorial" button which just seems to open up a series of blinking pages.

What I'm referring to can be accessed by hitting the ? at top right.

There are 3 multi-page sections, App Overview + Module Details + Sequencer Details

• I actually didn't expect the update to be approved so soon since we're so close to the holidays, but the next step for me is to make some tutorial videos for the sequencer — the manual itself is okay but I'm sure more people would appreciate something a bit more visual.

• @billjobs_in_space said:
    I actually didn't expect the update to be approved so soon since we're so close to the holidays, but the next step for me is to make some tutorial videos for the sequencer — the manual itself is okay but I'm sure more people would appreciate something a bit more visual.

That would be spectacular, and thanks for the awesome update! I appreciate the manual. I'm not an expert with this stuff and I found it very straight forward and to the point. Clearly laid out too.

This is a deep synth, loads of LFOs and oscillators, with a unique multi-octave keyboard (similar to Synthcaster) You can save and trade custom patches via dropbox, it's even got a vocoder, and now full arp and sequencer? For $5?!

• @billjobs_in_space great update and a very fun app to use. I do think video tutorials will open the app up to a wider audience too.

• Love the update. That sequencer is really cool! Great job and thanks!

• edited December 2016

Thanks again for the positive feedback! I still have a lot more planned for this app as well as future projects, so feel free to leave me a rating or review on the app store so I can keep the updates rolling ;)

• Review updated :)

I actually didn't expect the update to be approved so soon since we're so close to the holidays, but the next step for me is to make some tutorial videos for the sequencer — the manual itself is okay but I'm sure more people would appreciate something a bit more visual.

A thousand grapefruits for this effendi....

• @skiphunt
    Got it...Thanks!!

• edited December 2016

@billjobs_in_space
    Sequencer tuts woupd be great...Thanks!
    (typo-corrected...whoops! Thanks, guys)..

• I'm thinking you mean "tips would be great" -- not more body parts as such?

Here's the original STR video that appears to cover the synthQ basics:

> @Telstar5 said:

@billjobs_in_space
    Sequencer titswould be great...Thanks!

• Sequencer tits! A new low in getting high :)

• Here's a tip — You can tap steps and enter notes while the sequencer is playing, so this gets you a sort of overdub effect that you can use to build up a pattern over time. It's quite fun, give it a try!

As I said before I'm going to be working hard on getting some proper tutorial videos out in the next few days — not just for the sequencer but to explain every part of the synth in detail!

Here's a tip — You can tap steps and enter notes while the sequencer is playing, so this gets you a sort of overdub effect that you can use to build up a pattern over time. It's quite fun, give it a try!

As I said before I'm going to be working hard on getting some proper tutorial videos out in the next few days — not just for the sequencer but to explain every part of the synth in detail!

YES PLEASE DADDY

• I just put synthQ on sale for 40% off, and 76 Synthesizer for 50% off until Dec. 29th.

I'm trying to spend a bit more time getting the word out about synthQ on social media this year as a lot of people I've shown have been blown away by it but the app still seems relatively obscure (I hear the word "underrated" thrown around a lot).

So, please spread the word! Like synthQ on facebook or follow synthQ on twitter, It'd be very much appreciated!

I just put synthQ on sale for 40% off, and 76 Synthesizer for 50% off until Dec. 29th.

I'm trying to spend a bit more time getting the word out about synthQ on social media this year as a lot of people I've shown have been blown away by it but the app still seems relatively obscure (I hear the word "underrated" thrown around a lot).

So, please spread the word! Like synthQ on facebook or follow synthQ on twitter, It'd be very much appreciated!

Thanks for the sale. I picked up both!

• @studioAB said:

@billjobs_in_space said:
    I just put synthQ on sale for 40% off, and 76 Synthesizer for 50% off until Dec. 29th.

Thanks for the sale. I picked up both!

Thank you very much! :)

• edited December 2016

@billjobs_in_space said:

I already have synthQ and a big fan, especially the latest version with the sequencer. And, I picked up 76 Synthesizer during the black friday sales. For those who don't realize this like I hadn't... 76 Synthesizer can also be loaded in the FX slot and adds a certain analogue warmness that's really sweet. Hidden gem!

• 76 is a thing unto itself. Don't use it a lot, but wouldn't want to be without it....

• Ok. i need to know 1 single thing. can synthQ send midi to other apps ? the fact it has ableton link might make it my favorite sequencer ever if it can....

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Ok. i need to know 1 single thing. can synthQ send midi to other apps ? the fact it has ableton link might make it my favorite sequencer ever if it can....

As of now, MIDI out only works with the keyboard, unfortunately. I'm going to add MIDI out to the sequencer when I push a bugfix update on the 27th when the App Store reopens.