Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT, Q: recommend a circuit simulation app?

Not directly connected with music or iOS, but does anyone use and could recommend a good electronic circuit simulation / design app, either on iOS or Android (or both, but I won't buy it on both). It probably makes no difference whether it runs on iOS or Android. I see more of them on Android but that probably means there's more bad ones there too. Preferably replies from people who have actually loaded / perhaps even so far as to have paid for, said object of subject.

Comments

• If it helps, my emphasis at the moment is (unlike my early years) more toward simpler analogue design, transistor selection / biasing, opamps, rather than (like my early years) digital logic and TTL/CMOS gates, flip flops, counters and led drivers.

• on iOS? Rather unlikely. Circuitry simulation applications are for PC.

• iOS : Multisim Touch

• There's iCircuit, but it doesn't get good reviews.

There's a really interesting look open source thing for windows that was apparently designed for exactly what you're looking for. Not used (my seven years old PC is currently a linux sequencer/supercollider thing. Haven't got round to building a new one).

• I don't (ever) use windows, but you've reminded me I do have a linux machine around, buried deeper than the Mac I actually normally used to use before the summer turmoil and changes (now packed away). The thing is, I'm pretty much mobile only now, and quite like the idea of dipping into things like this that don't require much in the way of online dependency. It means I could just whip it out on the tube when we go into a tunnel, and make some useful progress while everyone else is altering quantities of fruit or pandas.

@cian The iCircuit reviews are even worse on teh Androids, criticism of all the platforms it also appears on, it seems to have stalled or faded in terms of updates. Nice logo though.

There's 'EveryCircuit' on iOS and Adenoid, which put me off immediately merely with the opening line of the bumf it describes itself with. However, after trawling through a bunch of others, I had to come back to it just in case, and the reviews seem positive on both camps.

The other good-seeming one on Android is Droid Tesla Pro, which seems good (top response from the dev on one of the free version's reviews!) and might be worth the eight quid plus. Don't know.'

A lot of the others, like ElectroDroid seem more like comprehensive references / calculators etc., which is a good thing, but not the same thing.

@SpaceDog I've just installed Multisim Circuit Explorer (is that the one you mean? National Instruments, last touched 2012?). Interesting but reference only (and, really, goes through resistors, caps, diodes, then straight into op amps but forgets transistors?).

• Yeah I would like the same thing.

Had the same feeling about every circuit but it does have a trial