Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Create your own Gems ...

edited December 2016 in General App Discussion

Gemma pure data developement lib ...

http://www.iceblinkdigital.com/developers/

Comments

• edited December 2016

I always thought this was close... (or could have been).

• A fantastic concept. Have you tried it?

• The playing, not the developing :) Put it straight in the 'one day soon' folder, but was, as ever, a little too optimistic. Would be happy if some bright devs jumped on this...

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    A fantastic concept. Have you tried it?

Pure Data is considered a main source of the Creamware Scope System ;)

• Neat idea. This was on CDM not long ago. Wonder how it stacks up to Audulus 3 with its built in components. I doubt I'll ever have the patience or fortitude to find out.

• If Gemma interests you, I'd check out MobMuPlat as it is Pd based too and supports both Audiobus and IAA.

Audulus 3 has dozens of patches it comes with as well as modules and core elements you can use in your patches which you can create with your iOS device. zMors Modular also has some Pd functionality.

There are less than a dozen patches in Gemma and no Audiobus or IAA support.

• @InfoCheck said:
    If Gemma interests you, I'd check out MobMuPlat as it is Pd based too and supports both Audiobus and IAA.

Audulus 3 has dozens of patches it comes with as well as modules and core elements you can use in your patches which you can create with your iOS device. zMors Modular also has some Pd functionality.

There are less than a dozen patches in Gemma and no Audiobus or IAA support.

The trouble/wonder with Gemma is that it looks so approachable and easy to use...

• edited December 2016

PD is another excuse to not make any music :D
    Im so busy with all the stuff I have already
    If I start programming my own tools I will never finish anythi...
    On iOS go for mobmuplat as it supports the usual environment
    Or are you in the mood to use that trashy freeverb from 15 years ago again? ;)
    Building a good sounding reverb is crazy difficult.
    And the stuff you can easily build yourself is so meh
    I don't bother to do it.

• @lala said:
    I don't bother to do it.

Agreed throughout. The only reason I've always fancied getting into Pd or supercollider or suchlike is to say that I can do it. Although I should be able to understand it, if I spend time learning any of it I'll be doing the opposite of music.

• @lala said:
    I don't bother to do it.

@u0421793 said:

@lala said:
    I don't bother to do it.

Agreed throughout. The only reason I've always fancied getting into Pd or supercollider or suchlike is to say that I can do it. Although I should be able to understand it, if I spend time learning any of it I'll be doing the opposite of music.

It is a pervasive and repeated conflict for me as well.

Throw A.D.H.D. and O.C.D. on top of it and time is a hard won ally at times.

Solitude and true isolation is often the only thing that gets me out of the "loops" I can find myself in occasionally.

Thank God I don't do drugs or drink any more..............fuck me.

I would love to give many apps time, but. I cannot afford it temporally.

• Old thread. Been curious about Pure Data on iOS...

@u0421793 said:

@lala said:
    I don't bother to do it.

Points taken. In a way, learning these things can be a way to open your horizons or to have a different kind of fun than musicking itself.

It all does require quite a bit of time but it’s all very satisfying.

It’s a bit like digital making with Raspberry Pi or Arduino. You can do it to reproduce something you already know, and learn how things work in the process. Or you can explore possibilities which few other tools afford.

Did learn a bit of both Supercollider and Pure Data. In both cases, it allowed me to figure things out and to create some simple little things for myself. Created a Pure Data patch which produces something like the “Michael Brecker Effect” (rotating chords played under an incoming MIDI note). Might be able to use that in MobMuPlat or PdParty. In Supercollider, created a very simple synth based on physical modelling of a membrane. Used that in Sonic Pi and it was quite a bit of fun, especially in terms of varying the tension on the skin.
    These projects are part of my musicking. My goal isn’t to produce musical pieces.

An easy justification, for me, is that all of these things are taking part in my academic life as well. A cool reason to learn stuff is to then be able to help others learn it. Haven’t had my students do much musicking, yet, but there should be other occasions in the future.

So... Did anyone try developing things through Gemma, PdParty, or MobMuPlat?

• I should take another look at supercollider, as it has tools for ambisonic B format working, allowing conversion to AmbiX (I suspect this is the case). Here's this weeks rough test for spatial VR audio (there's not much to hear, it is environmental, but I wanted to test which way round was forward on the ambisonic mic system). The visuals are actually still frame, slightly too far apart, a bit misaligned (right is rotated noticeably out of phase with respect to left) and were shot hyperstereo as a pair of equirectangular photospheres about 1.5 metres apart while the audio was being recorded. As I say, there's not much to hear, some clanking-clicking of ropes and tyres suspended at the waterline of the dock, sparse traffic on the bridge, a plane goes overhead from bridge direction (the airport) over me to the dock direction, and a train goes by at one point (only shot on one half of the stereo image!). I can't shoot stereo equirectangular video out and about at this stage, so still frame will have to do for now.
    Also, regarding supercollider, Craftwife is into supercollider (but in Japanese) (search youtube for Craftwife).