Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IKaossilator Where is the Love from KORG?

Comments

• @kobamoto said:
    why no ikaossilator update?
    why no samplr update?
    why hook doesn't work like ableton?
    why no follow actions in the launchpad app?

simple really, the people have not spoken in mass, has everyone posted on their fb pages en masse?, has everyone asked for an ikaossilator update in the review section of iTunes, nope.... the people have not used their power yet.

++++1

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:
    I doubt we'll see much 'love' for the older apps since there is no way to pay for updates.

For 'new' apps it makes sense to support as many of the technologies as possible.
    Sure I'd love to se AUv3 and Gadget versions of iPolySix, iMS-20 & iElectribe...

But in practice I'd love to see a bigger more expressive onscreen keyboard (pitch, mod and y-axis velocity) and IFX options in Gadget (distortion/overdrive etc) and more IFX options on the master buss. (I mean there is nothing stopping Korg from making all the effects available in the individual Gadgets as IFX options). I'd love to add some distortion/overdrive to Dublin Gadget as an example...

And well, iKaossilator as a 'Gadget' would be nice and add even more sounds to Gadget :D

Why longing for more effects in Gadget when we have the option to use so much more in conjuction with Korg Gadget?

I played around today with a few synth in Korg Gadget thru Audiobus into Auria Pro with effects from Fabfilter (Volcano2, Saturn, Timeless 2)...

You can make amazing things when you routing around with all the candys in the iPad... WE ARE SPOILED!

All synced with link?

• @db909 said:

hahahaahahahahahahaaahaaa

can't beat this, ffs throw us a bone kkkooooorgggg

• Korg are doing just fine as they are. What they (and we) really need is some healthy competition from the likes of Roland, Yamaha, etc. That will provide right the environment for more complete apps that have all the bells and whistles.

• If any of youse out there aren't happy with Korg I'm sure Retronyms will welcome you with open arms. They have Tabletop and other fancy things.

• I haven't bought any additional synthesizers for Gadget. Do any of them allow you to use a kaoss pad within Gadget?

• edited December 2016

@supadom said:

If any of youse out there aren't happy with Korg I'm sure Retronyms will welcome you with open arms. They have Tabletop and other fancy things.

:D

• @musikmachine said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:
    I doubt we'll see much 'love' for the older apps since there is no way to pay for updates.

For 'new' apps it makes sense to support as many of the technologies as possible.
    Sure I'd love to se AUv3 and Gadget versions of iPolySix, iMS-20 & iElectribe...

But in practice I'd love to see a bigger more expressive onscreen keyboard (pitch, mod and y-axis velocity) and IFX options in Gadget (distortion/overdrive etc) and more IFX options on the master buss. (I mean there is nothing stopping Korg from making all the effects available in the individual Gadgets as IFX options). I'd love to add some distortion/overdrive to Dublin Gadget as an example...

And well, iKaossilator as a 'Gadget' would be nice and add even more sounds to Gadget :D

Why longing for more effects in Gadget when we have the option to use so much more in conjuction with Korg Gadget?

I played around today with a few synth in Korg Gadget thru Audiobus into Auria Pro with effects from Fabfilter (Volcano2, Saturn, Timeless 2)...

You can make amazing things when you routing around with all the candys in the iPad... WE ARE SPOILED!

All synced with link?

No, I haven't test that yet...

• @Beathoven said:
    Korg are doing just fine as they are. What they (and we) really need is some healthy competition from the likes of Roland, Yamaha, etc. That will provide right the environment for more complete apps that have all the bells and whistles.

So much this. Roland sells mostly digital modeling synths now, they´ve done all the circuit modeling already. They could release great sounding synths in no time. If you look at the "Boutique" series, (which is horrible) they don´t want to compete with themselves and the iPad, because they couldn´t. They´re selling a Jupiter-8 emulation that has only 4-voices because of the cheap dsp, with tiny faders for hundreds of euros, which could absolutely be beaten by a 30.- € app.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@musikmachine said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

All synced with link?

I smell a trick question xD

• @Patric_Bateman said:

@Beathoven said:
    Korg are doing just fine as they are. What they (and we) really need is some healthy competition from the likes of Roland, Yamaha, etc. That will provide right the environment for more complete apps that have all the bells and whistles.

So much this. Roland sells mostly digital modeling synths now, they´ve done all the circuit modeling already. They could release great sounding synths in no time. If you look at the "Boutique" series, (which is horrible) they don´t want to compete with themselves and the iPad, because they couldn´t. They´re selling a Jupiter-8 emulation that has only 4-voices because of the cheap dsp, with tiny faders for hundreds of euros, which could absolutely be beaten by a 30.- € app.

When you consider that their 'plug' out/in/up/wherever 'technology' is basically loading what amounts to an 'app' into the synth, to reselect some of the faders and switches to imitate a different synth, they're already doing it, only not on an interchangeable platform.

In effect, and it's not going to happen, but what Roland could do is to release a big slab of knobs and faders and matrix patching and keyboard and hit pads and everything, festooned with christmas lights, and have it load in all their 'plug' apps. It'd be a kind of universal synth platform. But then you'd want two, and you wouldn't want two keyboards, so you'd want it a bit modular, and, well, that's where we are now with the aira series I suppose. I personally would very much want to have all of that, but on my iPad and not as space-consuming physical boxes.

• @Patric_Bateman said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@musikmachine said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

All synced with link?

I smell a trick question xD

;-)

• @u0421793 said:

When you consider that their 'plug' out/in/up/wherever 'technology' is basically loading what amounts to an 'app' into the synth, to reselect some of the faders and switches to imitate a different synth, they're already doing it, only not on an interchangeable platform.

That´s exactly what i meant to say, i have even ran the SH-101 plugout on my OS X, sounded good but with a horrible UI. The building blocks are all there, it must be an economic / political decision to stay away from iOS, to not hurt their VA sales especially the boutique, which i´m still infuriated by.

Weirdly enough, there´s the same behavior of protectiveness by people (fanboys) of a legendary brand like Roland, to accept subpar products for sentimental reasons...

• @supadom said:
    If any of youse out there aren't happy with Korg I'm sure Retronyms will welcome you with open arms. They have Tabletop and other fancy things.

Tell you what though, setting up their synths to work with an old midi keyboard/controller is a hundred times easier than Korgs. The midi learn feature in iMini etc. is absolutely brilliant.

• edited December 2016

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

Tell you what though, setting up their synths to work with an old midi keyboard/controller is a hundred times easier than Korgs. The midi learn feature in iMini etc. is absolutely brilliant.

Yeah, but you should probably thank Arturia/Tempo Rubato for that.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/7893/bugs-in-imini-are-all-retronyms-fault/p1

I personally use gadget without any attachments and find it best just with onscreen playing or drawing notes. Scales function alongside the newer Arp feature make it very easy to come up with great stuff without the need for a controller but I'm not a keyboard player so I don't miss a physical keyboard.

Another thing about gadget is that mixes that come out just sound great. With some audio mastering treatment on top they're (IMO) ready for release. All of my speakers (cans, car, stereo, PA) love the sound of Gadget. I remember my experience with tabletop and caustic a bit more painful sound wise.

• @supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/7893/bugs-in-imini-are-all-retronyms-fault/p1

I personally use gadget without any attachments and find it best just with onscreen playing or drawing notes. Scales function alongside the newer Arp feature make it very easy to come up with great stuff without the need for a controller but I'm not a keyboard player so I don't miss a physical keyboard.

Another thing about gadget is that mixes that come out just sound great. With some audio mastering treatment on top they're (IMO) ready for release. All of my speakers (cans, car, stereo, PA) love the sound of Gadget. I remember my experience with tabletop and caustic a bit more painful sound wise.

Oh definitely, I'm a big Korg fan, do wish they had midi learn like Arturia though so I could twiddle knobs on my old controller

• @MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

Oh definitely, I'm a big Korg fan, do wish they had midi learn like Arturia though so I could twiddle knobs on my old controller

Quintessential Alex DeLarge language there boychick....

• Everybody who has iKaossilator loves it. And I've come close to pulling the trigger, but every demo I see sounds like an acid house mix tape stall in Camden Market in 1991. Can you get any other kinds of sounds out of it? Triqtraq is eminently tweakable. Is this? Or is it more like Figure?

• @ExAsperis99 the sounds are cheesy yes. if people only make acid with it id say it's because they're acid fans, not because that's all the program can do. I've made pop sounding stuff, r and b, weird piano stuff, even jazzy stuff.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Everybody who has iKaossilator loves it. And I've come close to pulling the trigger, but every demo I see sounds like an acid house mix tape stall in Camden Market in 1991. Can you get any other kinds of sounds out of it? Triqtraq is eminently tweakable. Is this? Or is it more like Figure?

Not everyone. I never use it. I open it up sometimes when a thread like this comes up, but within 10 minutes am re-convinced it's not my cup of tea.

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Everybody who has iKaossilator loves it. And I've come close to pulling the trigger, but every demo I see sounds like an acid house mix tape stall in Camden Market in 1991. Can you get any other kinds of sounds out of it? Triqtraq is eminently tweakable. Is this? Or is it more like Figure?

Not everyone. I never use it. I open it up sometimes when a thread like this comes up, but within 10 minutes am re-convinced it's not my cup of tea.

Prefer Triq if I had to choose, less Camden for sure.

• it ain't the sounds, its the workflow.

• @db909 said:
    it ain't the sounds, its the workflow.

But aren't you kind of stuck with the sounds despite the amazing workflow?

• @ExAsperis99 well yeah. but I like the process to be fun and simple and liberating first and foremost above all else. And im no stranger to sound design. That's just me.

• Yay, at least Korg showed some love for iKaossilator :)
    It’s now got Basic Files.app support and runs perfectly on iOS12.3!

• Can we all agree that we want Ableton Link support for iMono/Poly?
    Honestly, if Korg did this one thing, they would be fine in my book.

• @cnsg_music said:
    Can we all agree that we want Ableton Link support for iMono/Poly?
    Honestly, if Korg did this one thing, they would be fine in my book.

One cold always host it inside Gadget or load as IAA in AUM.

The only area where it could need it is to sync the arpeggiator and delay times since it doesn’t have any other sequencers built-in or?

• you can do a lot with just ikaossilator, turnado, and the ikaossilators loop export and sample import functions... use the 5 tracks and layer, layer, layer.... us the first pass for drums (all 5), export /import use the next for bass (all 5), etc...

• The Ableton export is nice too, export to Ableton, move files to AudioShare, use AUMfile-player, import files and mangle away :)

• Hopefully this means there is new sound packs on the way-