Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited December 2016

Well then, guess I have some new string sounds.

***Never mind. I would need an iLok account and manager and I'm unwilling to travel down that road. Insane deal, though.

• Thanks! Grabbed it. You should probably add an OT to the thread title, though.

• @asnor What's your issue with an iLok account? You don't need to buy an iLok, you can lock it to your computer. I've got a bunch of iLok instruments and effects and have never had a problem.

• @Reid a history of clooster fooks has me concerned for the continued usability of any software it protects. That said, I did get the Sonivox thing, just in case iLok's issues are a thing of the past.

• Yesterday, I created a new iLok account and registered my software w/o any problems. Seems to work fine

PS. It's a 9 Gb download

• The said libraries inside the application, are they in a proprietary format, or they are compatible with, say, EXS24 or Kontakt or SFZ? If they are, I might buy it for the libraries themselves, not the app proper.

• I see some propriety .svx format and 10 Gb's of .wav files

• @yug said:
    I see some propriety .svx format and 10 Gb's of .wav files

Can you see/access the Legacy presets?

• @DaveMagoo said:

@yug said:
    I see some propriety .svx format and 10 Gb's of .wav files

Can you see/access the Legacy presets?

That folder is empty

• This is on similar discount as well http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/1560-Xpand-2

Too bad they are ilok, cba to bother with that

• @asnor said:
    Well then, guess I have some new string sounds.

***Never mind. I would need an iLok account and manager and I'm unwilling to travel down that road. Insane deal, though.

I wonder if the software still requires you to keep the dongle plugged in at all times or not. However, that iLok bullshit is one of the main reasons I ditched PC producing for the most part. What a pain.

• edited December 2016

The few iLok apps I've recently purchased don't require any dongle, they require an iLok account and you download the iLok app to your computer which authorizes the plugin.

Edit: I'm on a Mac so I can't speak for PCs.

• Saw it bought it without even thinking, too good a deal, downloaded it and got to the ILok, oh crap.., Won't touch that stuff. After 40 years of screwing with software anything with that type of "protection" is never worth the hassle. It is now DELETED.

• @BigDawgsByte said:
    Saw it bought it without even thinking, too good a deal, downloaded it and got to the ILok, oh crap.., Won't touch that stuff. After 40 years of screwing with software anything with that type of "protection" is never worth the hassle. It is now DELETED.

All iLok is on my mac is a site where u register/download ilok app and add your serial numbers to it....thats it? Not sure why thats a problem?

• Native Instruments, Steinberg (Cubase Elements) and many others use the same kind of software protection: iLok or something similar developed by themselves

• OT.
    I thought iLock was easy to setup but I run into an issue. I reformatted my PC without de-authorizing my software (hybrid 3 synth) and now one license is locked forever.

Any tips ?

• I picked it up. I mean for $1, why not. I have not had any issues with my iLok account either.

• everything ok here also, and I like it

• @Korakios Don't they give you more than one license?

• @Reid said:
    @Korakios Don't they give you more than one license?

2 licences but I want to use the second on a different PC

• It might interest some of you to know that these sounds come from a ten year old orchestral library (strings, brass, woodwinds, harp, percussion) which used to sell for $3000. It was highly regarded in its day. I think the sounds are good. What is missing are features, like legato.

Somebody on another forum sprung for a full $3 and downloaded it onto three computers. He's got a lot of iLok licenses now!

@theconnactic You might want to reconsider using the app itself, because it allows you to change articulations through keyswitching.

Plugin Boutique has a $70 deal on now where you can get the Strings, Brass & Woodwinds, plus an ARP 2600 emulation, Twist, Wobble, Big Bang Cinematic Percussion, Big Bang Universal Drums, Atsia Percussion, 88 Ensemble Piano,Bright Electric Guitar, Classic Bass (Fender Precision), FM Piano, Harmonica, Harpsichord, Session Drums 1, Silk Road Percussion, and Taylor Acoustic Guitar.

• Also on $1 sale:

DEAL - 99% OFF
    16 Dec - January 31, 2017
    Air Music Xpand!2 Mega Sale!
    Back by popular demand, the ultimate Air Music Xpand!2 sale. Save 99% off the awesome workstation during our Christmas promotions!

• @DaveMagoo said:

@BigDawgsByte said:
    Saw it bought it without even thinking, too good a deal, downloaded it and got to the ILok, oh crap.., Won't touch that stuff. After 40 years of screwing with software anything with that type of "protection" is never worth the hassle. It is now DELETED.

All iLok is on my mac is a site where u register/download ilok app and add your serial numbers to it....thats it? Not sure why thats a problem?

Past history... Who wrote the app? Who certifies its security? What holes does it want in my security. Will it always be 100% up to date with my OS updates? After 40+ years fudging with software I've wasted way too many hours on the phone trying to get 3rd party and separate app security working/fixed etc. I'm too old and have too little time left to waste it on this type of neanderthal security crap.

• ilok? you say? ...runs in the other direction.

• @DaveMagoo said:

@BigDawgsByte said:

It's all software-based now? I haven't shopped around for the latest PC/Mac software in a few years. The last I knew, the iLok was not software based at all but rather required the perpetual usage of a USB slot. iLok-based software would NOT work unless a shitty plastic dongle was plugged into the USB slot.

• @jwmmakerofmusic Lots of software still requires a physical iLok dongle.

A few years ago, UVI gave away a free Mellotron synth and its users complained that they didn't want to have to buy an iLok to be able to use it. So UVI listened to its customers and came up with a way to register the synth without a dongle. (Perhaps this was a feature that iLok already offered and they just added it).

I currently have software from Sonivox, iZotope, and UVI registered on my computer through my free iLok account. I've had no issues. But when I was considering a Synthogy piano, I knew I would have to buy a dongle to get it.

You set up an account on the iLok.com site. You need a unique iLok name. When you register your software you put in your iLok name. When you launch ilok, the new software always turns up and I register it there. So far I've had no issues.

As far as I know, the problems people have reported about iLok has to do with the dongles. People lose or break them or they just break themselves. I've never read anybody say that they have lost their software forever. What has happened is that it's a huge hassle getting things working again and it can take weeks.

The obvious advantage of free iLok is that it allows the company to combat piracy, which I think is legitimate. The advantage of iLok for the consumer is it allows you to register and use fully functional temporary demos.

The truth is if you use practically any computer music software these days, you need to use additional software (usually provided by the company) to install it on your computer. For example Native Instruments (Native Access), Addictive Drums (XLN Online Installer), Output (Output Installer), EZDrums (Toontrack Product Manager), Cakewalk (Command Center), etc. If you don't install these programs, you cannot get anything from these companies into your computer, and when these installation programs have problems (like Native Access for the last few weeks) you are out of luck.

An argument could be made that it is better to have a copy protection program that has to work properly for many thousands of programs and companies might even be superior to one that only works for one company. They would be less likely to let their system go down long.

• @Reid said:
    As far as I know, the problems people have reported about iLok has to do with the dongles. People lose or break them or they just break themselves. I've never read anybody say that they have lost their software forever. What has happened is that it's a huge hassle getting things working again and it can take weeks.

Google "iLok fiasco"

• @Reid You mean to tell me there are certain software packages that require the dongle? Thank god I'm an iOS musician. Thing is, if a developer really wishes to prevent a decline in sales due to their software being cracked, they should adopt the notion of "it's gonna be cracked anyways, so why make the end user pay"? A simple keyfile and nothing more would just about do it, or even website account registration and the like.

• @jwmmakerofmusic Yes, a lot of PC/Mac music software requires dongles, or used to. I had to buy one for a Steinberg VST I got many years ago, and I have a dongle for Reason. Never got an iLok though.

I'm not sure whether Cubase requires a dongle.