Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vatanator SX for iPhone

edited December 2016 in General App Discussion

Vatanator drum machine has had an iPhone version released as SX, maybe the original iPad version will see some love and get an update

Vatanator SX by Georgi Georgiev
https://appsto.re/gb/ARQx-.i

Comments

• encenc
    edited December 2016

I quite like this on iPad. It's a good source of cheesy drum samples. As I already payed for the iPad version, . Am I a tight wadd for not expecting it for free on iPhone ?

• I love Vatanator. There are plenty of cool drum machines out there but I always come back to Vat because it has a sound and feel I don't get from others. This version (Vatanator SX) has recordable XY pads for the FX. I bought it because who knows it they'll ever update the iPad version. Besides I just picked up a surprise paying gig and this cost a mere fraction of what I'm getting paid. :D

• I need another drum app like I need another hole in my head, but I'm soooo tempted. Cheesy sounds I don't need, but he layout song and midi capabilities are tempting....

• I gotta say I like the simple, classic look of the interface. It's what I wished Beat-Machine looked like. cc: @dreamless

• This is a semantics issue as well as an opinionated one but I always thought of the supplied Vatanator sounds to be often Vintage and very well curated.

And don't let factory sounds be a deciding factor: user samples can be flown in via all the most loved options.

• @Proppa Are you taking issue with "cheesy?" I'm not one of them, but I'm sure there are people who think vintage drum machines sound cheesy.

• Cheesy no cheesy there's a load of kits

• edited December 2016

So, you can have it with cheese or no cheese, then? That is unless you think it is all cheese, which can still be good.

• Sample import not working. Dev has fix almost ready to go.

I like how easy it is to make a cool loop and export to AS.

• @telecharge said:
    @Proppa Are you taking issue with "cheesy?" I'm not one of them, but I'm sure there are people who think vintage drum machines sound cheesy.

"Cheesy" is interpretive and in this case potentially misleading: Not all Vintage drum samples are cheesy, some have just stood the test of time. Personally I'd say "nostalgic" more than the biased notion of "cheesy" which is somewhat dismissive.

• I had cheddar cheese on a sloppy joe yesterday, it was my first time. I think I'll try swiss next time.
    so this app isn't universal, and do most peeps have the phone or iPad version?

• @kobamoto said:
    I had cheddar cheese on a sloppy joe yesterday, it was my first time. I think I'll try swiss next time.
    so this app isn't universal, and do most peeps have the phone or iPad version?

I have both. Pretty much the same except the phone has recordable xy pads for the fx. I think I like SX better if I was to choose one.

• wonder if the phone version translates well on the iPad mini, maybe I'll just get that one

• Looks fine on my Air 1

• cool thanks

• @Proppa said:
    "Cheesy" is interpretive and in this case potentially misleading: Not all Vintage drum samples are cheesy, some have just stood the test of time. Personally I'd say "nostalgic" more than the biased notion of "cheesy" which is somewhat dismissive.

I appreciate your perspective. I was just trying to better understand where you were coming from/what you were referring to in regards to semantics.

Break 'em off something Proppa!

• @telecharge said:

Break 'em off something Proppa!

B)

• wasnt there talk of a hardwear version of this on its original ipad release ?

• @enc said:
    wasnt there talk of a hardwear version of this on its original ipad release ?

http://www.vatanator.com/vatanator-hw/

• hi guys,
    1.0.1 is out with sample import fix

• @backpullver said:
    hi guys,
    1.0.1 is out with sample import fix

Bravo etc.

• Apparently my brain was swelling and I needed a trepanation... I bought it :D

• @backpulver, any plans to release an iPad version with x/y pads , (please) ?

• @gsm909
    Yes, next iPad update is planned to have XY pads as well as fx per instrument

• what kind of fx is going on in the app modulation wise?

• @backpullver said:
    @gsm909
    Yes, next iPad update is planned to have XY pads as well as fx per instrument

Awesome! Keeps getting better! Thanks B)

• @kobamoto said:
    what kind of fx is going on in the app modulation wise?

does it have sidechain?

• @kobamoto said:

@kobamoto said:

it has ring modulation with LFO

does it have sidechain?

no, currently there isn't sidechain. it'd interesting to know though what fx you imagine to be sidechained

thanks!

• @backpullver said:

@kobamoto said:

@kobamoto said:

it has ring modulation with LFO

does it have sidechain?

no, currently there isn't sidechain. it'd interesting to know though what fx you imagine to be sidechained

thanks!

having all fx side chain able would be unique and interesting, but especially compression.
    I haven't told you before but I really like the style you've got going on here.

regards