Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS FRIENDLY GEAR: Launchpad Pro, BeatStep, ?

Other than keyboards, what are some pieces.

Narrowing down options for Santa.

Comments

• I'll tell you after Christmas... :)

• edited December 2016

Jamstik+ , I like this use it a lot.

Santa will bring hopefully my roli blocks this year :)

• Is the wired / wireless aspect important?

• @u0421793 said:
    Is the wired / wireless aspect important?

Good question.

I dig my LIVID MIMIC and am peaking at the Akai bluetooth stuff.

I am looking more sequencer vs. launchpad pro for clips AND ABILITY TO PLAY CHORDS with VELOCITY sensitivity.

Kicking it all around.

Nothing is off the table.

• @RustiK said:

@u0421793 said:

Good question.

I am looking more sequencer vs. launchpad pro for clips AND ABILITY TO PLAY CHORDS with VELOCITY sensitivity.

Kicking it all around.

Circuit.....for chords, scales mode on pads and velocity sensitive.....no good for clip launching (in LP App anyway)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RustiK said:

@u0421793 said:

Good question.

Kicking it all around.

Circuit.....for chords, scales mode on pads and velocity sensitive.....no good for clip launching (in LP App anyway)

+1 - Circuit is a blast with or without iOS. Clip launching in Looptunes should be possible, although I haven't tried it yet.

• @Shaken&;Stirred said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RustiK said:

@u0421793 said:

Good question.

Kicking it all around.

+1 - Circuit is a blast with or without iOS. Clip launching in Looptunes should be possible, although I haven't tried it yet.

Would like to hear about your efforts when you do...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RustiK said:

@u0421793 said:

Good question.

Kicking it all around.

Ok, I tested it, and it works, but I probably wouldn't use Circuit to launch Looptunes clips.

The buttons in Circuit send note values, and midi learn in Looptunes will accept note values and toggle the respective clip as you would expect, but you have to more or less sacrifice a function of Circuit to use it. To me it makes much more sense to throw a midi controller/keyboard into the mix that you can dedicate a few buttons on to launching clips.

• @Shaken&;Stirred said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RustiK said:

@u0421793 said:

Good question.

Kicking it all around.

Ok, I tested it, and it works, but I probably wouldn't use Circuit to launch Looptunes clips.

The buttons in Circuit send note values, and midi learn in Looptunes will accept note values and toggle the respective clip as you would expect, but you have to more or less sacrifice a function of Circuit to use it. To me it makes much more sense to throw a midi controller/keyboard into the mix that you can dedicate a few buttons on to launching clips.

Well thank you. And yes, if one had/has something to hand that would probably be sensible.

• Arturia Beatstep Pro is great, works very well with Cubasis and @brambos Ruismaker Plugins, it´s a very good combination.

• @RustiK said:

What's Santa's budget? I mean like, top max realistic price point?

• @decibelle said:

@RustiK said:

$500

• @RustiK said:

@decibelle said:

@RustiK said:

$500

Ok, thank you.

In that case I offer this idea for your consideration:

If possible, wait til next year plus any sale opportunities and combine both budgets for this:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/764543-REG/Sound_Devices_MIXPRE_D_MixPre_D_Compact_Field_Mixer.html

I personally recommend this as my most useful piece of recording gear, easy, reliable, tiny, built like a tank, makes any good mic sound incredible, lowest noise floor available and virtually unclippable, runs in active use for 4-6 hours straight on 2 AA rechargeables, connects directly via CCK to iPad and iPhone. And, it saves a lot on a bunch of other cheaper gear combining to do what this does all by itself.

So awesome.

If you don't use microphones then never mind, sorry to interrupt.

• @Patric_Bateman said:
    Arturia Beatstep Pro is great, works very well with Cubasis and @brambos Ruismaker Plugins, it´s a very good combination.

How can you use it with ruismaker? The drum sequencer doesn't send note information, so how do you trigger different drums? Ruismaker has them all on the "Black keys" in different octaves, so I could play them on the normal sequencer tracks but I need those for other stuff.

• Just get a circuit,even without iOS it's just a ton of fun. Feels good not staring at a screen and having everything hands-on.

• edited December 2019

I'm putting a second Launchcontrol XL on my wishlist. They're awesome for virtual synths and host control, especially since you have 16 pages to use.

And a Microfreak to find out who really loves me.