Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thor or Nave? I want one of them. Now!

Right Audiobussers.

I have been lusting after both but only want one new synth to get gooey over at the moment.

So, I'm getting one tonight. Any advice? I've watched vids, read reviews... Too close for me to decide.

Help me toss the coin? Please!

Comments

• What do you want to do with it and what do you already have?

• Ah. Well, I have all the usual suspects. Pretty much everything synth wise and most of the decent experimental ones. I just love new iPad synths but these prices are a little offputting.

I'm recording into Cubasis and jamming, messing about, a little bit of sound design here and there. But I love Samplr for design. I've read that Thor is a production powerhouse and Nave is awesome for design. I guess I prefer the powerhouse concept but damn, I'll own both eventually.

Just can't decide which one to buy right now!

• Do you want to play with wavetables / paste in your own - Nave or are you into modular synthesis - Thor. Both are brilliant, both sound fantastic, both support AB and both have virtual MIDI.
    Good luck.

• You used the word 'both' four times, Trueyorky. Four times! Gah!

Do I just get them both then? Is that what you're telling me?

• Less is more.

I've got most of them and just jump from one app to another but never get anything done.

• Hmm. Not so for me. While I can't claim to know every app inside out, I generally know what sound I want and either go find it or create it. I have found some purchases a little obsolete though, such as a couple of those grain manglers that Samplr made redundant.

But if both Thor and Nave are worth playing with, I NEED them! I also need to upgrade from iPad2, as it's blowing steam whenever I involve FX in the middle.

• I personally like Thor a lot better than Neve, I find it a lot easier to program and it feels better laid out for iOS touchscreens. Both sound great and have a lot of flexibility, but Neve just feels too flashy for me, programming new sounds takes me a lot longer.

• Both it is then!

• That's five! Okay. Think I'll plump for Thor :-) I can get Nave tomorrow. It does look a lot more complicated.

• Both both both.Eight ;-)

• Yeah. Eight boths won out in the end. Thor is fun. I like it. Easily worked out once you know where all the bits are. Nave - learning curve! Big sound. Very nice. Best get back to it then...

• Get both!