Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GarageBand to Auria Pro

This may not be the correct forum but I've been waiting to be approved on the Auria forum for two days and I need help.

I just upgraded to Auria Pro to have more control over the the years worth of garageband tunes I've written. To my surprise the files ship over all together in one file. This isn't how I imagined my editing going.

I've been through the internet and keep getting bogged down by outdated information and Mac related stuff. I have no Mac or PC. I'm working only on an iPad Pro 9.7.

Could someone please explain to me, step by step, the best current way to export my GB stuff into Auria Pro in individual tracks for editing, like it sbould be?

Thanks for helping a newb out.

Comments

• edited December 2016

@creep13x I'm hardly the most technical helper around here (others will come like hooded crows down the mountain), but it seems that this is a GB problem, as regards available output options. The only way I manage it is to export songs track by track, muting the unwanted ones, and yes on a one by one basis. Not so bad if you have three or four tracks, but if you use more then annoying to say the least and work for the unpaid intern if you have one handy...

• You can import all these single tracks into a single project on Auria and then edit them and subgroup them?

• Its garageband sir. I have artist all the time try to send me stem tracks from GB and its the worst experience in my life lol. I wont take them anymore. Its not Auria sir. GB doesn't export or bounce like your normal DAWs. Well in my experience.

• It's like Johnny said. Solo track one->export and open in auria, solo track two -> export and so on. That's the only way. And then you can do whatever you'd like in auria.

• Should I change the GB file name each time?

• That would make it easier to tell them from each other. But as I recall tracks will be named like this for track 1, (1) for track 2 and so on.

• So what about iTunes? Can't you export a track to edit further on GarageBand for Mac?

And is that a file with stems that can be pulled out then imported to Auria? Seems less work than one-by-one export inside iOS.

• I don't have a Mac.

• Everyone here has nailed it for you already, along with your own ideas. You have to go through the process for each track. Naming them will definitely help you in Auria. There is no other way, as painful as it may sound. If I could offer another piece of advice. Kill any reverb or other effects you have on in GB. Redo those in Auria, and you'll have much more control and generally better effects to work with. Even the stock effects will outshine GB, but if you get the FabFilter bug (God have mercy on your soul, I apologize if you haven't seen the videos on them yet) you will undoubtedly get better results. My humble opinion.

• Thanks for the help. I just exported over the first song. I made sure it was dry. I'm going to completely redo my vocals in Auria. What a pain in the rear, man. I love what Apple does for music, but c'mon. It seems like an intuitive export from GB would be a no brainer.

• edited December 2016

@creep13x said:
    Thanks for the help. I just exported over the first song. I made sure it was dry. I'm going to completely redo my vocals in Auria. What a pain in the rear, man. I love what Apple does for music, but c'mon. It seems like an intuitive export from GB would be a no brainer.

Welcome to the Suck

• @boone51 said:
    Everyone here has nailed it for you already, along with your own ideas. You have to go through the process for each track. Naming them will definitely help you in Auria. There is no other way, as painful as it may sound. If I could offer another piece of advice. Kill any reverb or other effects you have on in GB. Redo those in Auria, and you'll have much more control and generally better effects to work with. Even the stock effects will outshine GB, but if you get the FabFilter bug (God have mercy on your soul, I apologize if you haven't seen the videos on them yet) you will undoubtedly get better results. My humble opinion.

I spit out laughing at your comments thanks sir. "fabfilter bug" lol

• FabFilter looks amazing.

• @creep13x said:
    FabFilter looks amazing.

Oh, I am so very sorry. Good news is, when you're done with those (or when they're done with you) you'll look back on how much you spent on Auria Pro in the first place and think "wow, what a steal that was".

• @boone51 said:

@creep13x said:
    FabFilter looks amazing.

Oh, I am so very sorry. Good news is, when you're done with those (or when they're done with you) you'll look back on how much you spent on Auria Pro in the first place and think "wow, what a steal that was".

...while also explaining to your beloved that mortgages come in many different forms.