Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATTENTION!! Infinite Looper is best MIDI sequencer for *iPhone* to date!

And the dev. are cool as hell.

:)

Comments

• @RustiK said:
    And the dev. are cool as hell.

:)

+1

• OK thanks for the update.

• It is a lovely thing with the possibility of getting more lovelier.

• Also, I want to give a special mention to this developer for knowing how to do universal with differential pricing for iPhone right! There's an iPhone version with an iPhone price, and there's a universal version with a have it all price. There's also a bundle to allow upgrading to the universal version if you started with the iPhone version. You really can't go wrong :)

• @srcer said:
    Also, I want to give a special mention to this developer for knowing how to do universal with differential pricing for iPhone right! There's an iPhone version with an iPhone price, and there's a universal version with a have it all price. There's also a bundle to allow upgrading to the universal version if you started with the iPhone version. You really can't go wrong :)

true, however, I own the iPhone version but the bundle price for me is the same as purchasing the iPad version by itself. Is that a typo on the Apple site?

• just wanted to say a big thumbs up for infinite looper :)

for me, it has the right balance of simplicity and power

after the binge and purge of the thanksgiving weekend, i'm looking to make it my 'go-to' for song writing on the ipad

and a big +1 for the support provided by the developer :)

• blush Thanks much for the support. I really appreciate it!

WRT the pricing -- the bundle is the same price as the full version of the app, but if you've paid for Aleph, than whatever that cost goes to dropping the overall price. I had Aleph for free for a bit (experimenting to see the impact on sales -- I got a few trolls, but not a huge bump in the full app), so if you picked it up for free, it won't lower the bundle price.

I've pushed up the price a bit -- again, trying to see where the balance point between sales and income is, and hopefully generating enough cash to keep me supplied with coffee. When the next version drops (early January), I'll knock it down a few bucks to hopefully generate some buzz, and I'll release the bundle with MIDImorphosis (and Voxkit), so that folks can upgrade if they're into it.

• I had no idea.. Thanks guys!

• I like this app in theory, but there are some UI things that I just don't get. I think it's partly due to not understanding some of the icons. In the piano roll, how does one move the notes to the left and right? I get how to adjust the length, and move up and down to different notes. I really like NanoStudio's editor. I tend to play a line then go back and fix in the editor, but it's slow going in Aleph Looper. Love most other things about it, though.

• edited December 2016

@gleandibson said:
    I like this app in theory, but there are some UI things that I just don't get. I think it's partly due to not understanding some of the icons. In the piano roll, how does one move the notes to the left and right? I get how to adjust the length, and move up and down to different notes. I really like NanoStudio's editor. I tend to play a line then go back and fix in the editor, but it's slow going in Aleph Looper. Love most other things about it, though.

With the "magic wand" tool -- if you grab on the first 1/3 of the note, you'll be able to move it any direction. Grab the middle and swipe up and down to change velocity. Grab the end of it to adjust the length. Or, if you select and highlight a group of notes, you can to this to the entire group (just pick one of the notes to grab the first/middle/last part).

Yeah, I know. I need a better manual. (Ok, I need any sort of manual!) Planning on working on that in the next few weeks, along with a bunch of demo videos.....

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@gleandibson said:
    I like this app in theory, but there are some UI things that I just don't get. I think it's partly due to not understanding some of the icons. In the piano roll, how does one move the notes to the left and right? I get how to adjust the length, and move up and down to different notes. I really like NanoStudio's editor. I tend to play a line then go back and fix in the editor, but it's slow going in Aleph Looper. Love most other things about it, though.

With the "magic wand" tool -- if you grab on the first 1/3 of the note, you'll be able to move it any direction. Grab the middle and swipe up and down to change velocity. Grab the end of it to adjust the length. Or, if you select and highlight a group of notes, you can to this to the entire group (just pick one of the notes to grab the first/middle/last part).

Yeah, I know. I need a better manual. (Ok, I need any sort of manual!) Planning on working on that in the next few weeks, along with a bunch of demo videos.....

Ah! I see now. thanks for replying.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

Any plans to add different time signatures? This would make it much more useful for me! Thanks.

• @thatsRayor I think it's only a matter of time. This app is too songwriter friendly to not have time sig support at some point. The modular song-building concept would seem to make it much simpler to implement than in linear DAWs.

It always helps to give the dev, @SecretBaseDesign, a little reminder that too many apps pigeonhole us all into a little 4/4 box, when the demand by the more traditional songwriter (for which this app is so helpful), is for more timing options. He's a very clever fellow, wink wink, and I'm sure he'll figure out a way to make it happen, even amongst all his other responsibilities and other kind requests.

• Speaking of which, I'd buy an IAP for time sig.

• If it would be possible to add a clearer grid for lets say 16th notes and a fold function that would be just awesome

• @SecretBaseDesign said: Yeah, I know. I need a better manual. (Ok, I need any sort of manual!) Planning on working on that in the next few weeks, along with a bunch of demo videos.....

If you could add a few well-produced demo songs, that would be helpful as well, maybe in different styles? Doing so shows the capabilities of the app. Maybe even user-contributed demos.