Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget/iWavestation/Milpitas demo track - probably the weirdest sounding track I've made!

edited December 2016 in Creations

A full track to demo Milpitas (iWavestation) inside Gadget.

6 instances of Milpitas playing various randomly generated wave sequences. 1 instance each of Tokyo and Dublin just for drums and a bassline to hold the track together.

I wouldn't normally advice this much iWavestation in a track - but it should give a good idea of the range of sounds and rhythms it's capable of generating.

Please let me know what you think.

Comments

• edited December 2016
  • My Life In The Matt of Ghosts

Where is Mister David Byrne with his 'I am speaking in tongues and dancing with these here snakes' voice?

Seriously, made for some odd samples. AND really good :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    My Life In The Matt of Ghosts

Where is Mister David Byrne with his 'I am speaking in tongues and dancing with these here snakes' voice?

Ha... thanks.

It's a very, very weird gadget to have in the arsenal.

After working on this track I would say, use it - but use it sparingly and with caution. It can end up sounding quite harsh and be difficult to tame in the mix of a track.

But for interesting ideas and rhythms - just keep hitting random!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    But for interesting ideas and rhythms - just keep hitting random!

Let the machine create, and then let the human act as a filter. I think there's some seriously interesting potential there, but the challenge is to turn it into something musical.

• Really cool, especially from 1:38 on!

• That was ace Matt, really enjoyed it.

• Cool. I dig the aesthetic and what you did with it. As a big Egoist fan I am very curious what i could do with this. The way i use Egoist is to cram dozens of small samples together into one single wav file for chopping in Egoist which I think kind of already gets similar results. I guess I am just curious what iWavestation could do for me that Egoist does not... just checking out the manual....

• Ok, I haven't heard as many interesting and individually unique compositions from ARP Odyssei. What is it about iWavestation that's driving all the cool-crunchy inspiration that Odyssei doesn't appear to be? Not that most of the demo stuff from Odyssei isn't quite good too, but I don't think I've heard nearly as much variety from that one yet.

And stuff like this and pretty much all of the forum-user iWavestation demos I've heard so far, are all significantly different in style and tone. The only dated-cheese-corn so far, has come solely from Korg. lol ;)

• Jezebel spirit ! (in the style of)

Very good, that one, Matt.

• Really great, Matt. And @JohnnyGoodyear nailed it with the Byrne/Eno. Completely sounds like an interstitial piece on that record. It comes right after "Mea Culpa," right?

There best be a sale; I'm waiting on BM3 and AB3 (and 3AB and B3A, I guesss?).

• Cool track Matt.
    Keep on hitting that 'Random' button and put it out on Bandamp. Album art attached :D

• Excellent.

• not that wavestationary as expected (fortunately), but very interesting to listen
    fresh stuff B)

• Love this!!

• I really like this one, Matt.
    Easily my favorite thing I have heard created using Gadget. Ever.
    Really good work.

• given your description of the process I was expecting this to be crowded and difficult to read. It wasn't. Nice one. Love the sounds.

• @AudioGus said:
    The way i use Egoist is to cram dozens of small samples together into one single wav file for chopping in Egoist

Ooooh. That's a good idea.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I really like this one, Matt.
    Really good work.

Wow. Thank you. :)

• Thank you all for the kind words.

Personally I think going forward I'll tone down the wave sequences quite a bit and try to find a way to combine them with more stable synth tones.

But it's a great tool for sound and rhymic inspiration and I think it helps to interrupt the slightly 'clean' sound you get from most of the other gadgets if you're not careful.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    My Life In The Matt of Ghosts

yup

• edited December 2016

@JeffChasteen said:

Yep, this!

But I tire of very linear clean tracks quickly.

• Welp.. I'm going to buy iwavestation now. That was a fantastic tune. This is the kind of music I love to listen to

• Is the random button in gadget? Or only the standalone version?

• In gadget! Tis a thing of beauty. I've found hitting random then maybe muting one or two of the channels works well

• Let me ask the question another way: is the random button in both standalone and gadget?

• edited December 2016

@lukesleepwalker

Yes.

Consider your back scratched my friend:

• Another selling point I discovered: it has drum kits. Not sure how many, but there ya go. More drums for gadget! They sound great too.

• @db909 said:
    Another selling point I discovered: it has drum kits. Not sure how many, but there ya go. More drums for gadget! They sound great too.

Proof demanded!

• @ExAsperis99 I figured someone would ask. They are not organized together unfortunately. Most of them are on cards 2 and 4 which I think are the IAP. They are usually labeled with "kit" but not always. I'd say there's around 10-15 of them sprinkled in there. I don't have soundcloud right now, so I can't post the groove I made with them but they are there for sure.