Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget remains my favorite app for spontaneous creation

hi all,

After all these years on the ipad, this app will remain my favorite for musical creation on the go.

Here's a piece I did yesterday, enjoye ;)

Pat

Comments

• edited December 2016

Had I known what I know today and foreseen the evolution of Gadget and all the other Korg apps I would have saved a lot of money.

I mean I even bought the nanoKEY Studio just because I wanted a smoother controller for Gadget :D

btw. Nice track too :)

• Thanks pierre and Samu,

anyway, I totally agree with you Samu concerning the money spent :) ... I had the same problem as many others here.

Speaking of controller (nanoKEY Studio), how do you find this product link to Gadget?

• @PatSieb said:

>

Speaking of controller (nanoKEY Studio), how do you find this product link to Gadget?

So far it's been flawless, works as advertised.
    I gave it a try in the shop and after a few minutes I made my decisions and have not regretted it :)

Miltipas Gadget has a 'bug'. The Y-Axis of the XY-Pad is reversed. Hope Korg fixes this as it works properly when used with the stand-alone iWavestation app.

• edited December 2016

Ok, great info Samu about Milpitas new Gadget and the bug!

I will probably wait a bit before buying this controller, but I'm tempted :)
    Hoping they will not release a new product soon!....

• @PatSieb said:
    this app will remain my favorite for musical creation on the go.

It's my favorite for musical creation at home :)
    Nice track.

@Samu
    When you work with Gadget (and other Korg apps) how much of the time do you use it with the nanoKEY? Do you use it during sounddesign or only when playing into Gadget?
    I want to buy one, but I'm afraid I prefer to use the iPad on my lap without other stuff...

• @R_2 said:

>

@Samu
    When you work with Gadget (and other Korg apps) how much of the time do you use it with the nanoKEY? Do you use it during sounddesign or only when playing into Gadget?

I use it when needed to record automation and tweak sounds mainly when stationary.
    Most of the time I just use the iPad and Headphones.

I'm still a bit (ok alot!) annoyed that Gadget doesn't have a a bigger on-screen keyboard with Y-Axis velocity similar to what Cubasis has as it would add another layer of expressivity to Gadget without the need for extra stuff.

• @PatSieb Nice track! What are the orchestral string sounds?

• @Samu said:
    I'm still a bit (ok alot!) annoyed that Gadget doesn't have a a bigger on-screen keyboard with Y-Axis velocity similar to what Cubasis has as it would add another layer of expressivity to Gadget without the need for extra stuff.

Same here, I'm always up-voting and supporting your request on the Korg forum ;)

• @TrustButVerify Thank you, string sounds come from the Glasgow (Tape Strings2)

@R_2 thanks

• @Samu said:

Hoping that iWavestation is an indicator of that changing in gadget. The stand alone app defaults to the gadget sized keyboard with a simple button to expand it.

• @syrupcore said:

Hoping that iWavestation is an indicator of that changing in gadget. The stand alone app defaults to the gadget sized keyboard with a simple button to expand it.

The same 'behaviour' has been present in all previous Korg apps such as iMS-20, iPolySix, iM1, OSYSSEYi and iWavestation.

I'm so fond of the Cubasis Keyboard that I take it's features for granted when it comes to touch based on-screen keyboards and get annoyed when things such as Y-Axis velocity is missing :D

• Korg module uses y-axis velocity, so maybe there's hope!

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Korg module uses y-axis velocity, so maybe there's hope!

Yepp, Modules on-screen keys are pretty small at least on the iPad version :)
    The 'Madrid' Gadget has expanded mode for the keys with y-axis velocity.

Maybe there's a 'Back Door' to feed Gadget developers with info thru the nice folks from Korg who quite frequently visit a certain PodCast?(I mean they 'leaked' info on iWavestation so...).

• @Samu said:

@Artefact2001 said:
    Korg module uses y-axis velocity, so maybe there's hope!

Yepp, Modules on-screen keys are pretty small at least on the iPad version :)
    The 'Madrid' Gadget has expanded mode for the keys with y-axis velocity.

Maybe there's a 'Back Door' to feed Gadget developers with info thru the nice folks from Korg who quite frequently visit a certain PodCast?(I mean they 'leaked' info on iWavestation so...).

I'm sure quite a list could be drafted from all the folk here, I'll start it with 'prompt to save' when changing tracks!

• Some days I say to myself, "Man, I wish that Madrid was a standalone app. It is a beautiful tool, but the other Gadgets do nothing for me"
    Other days I find that I have spent hours playing around all over in Gadget...and delighting in every minute of those hours.
    It is a vexing thing.

• Next time a synth app comes out the first question I'm going to ask whether it is Gadget compatible! My project folder is full of great sounding quickies. Definitely the most intuitive sequencer out there.

• @supadom said:
    Next time a synth app comes out the first question I'm going to ask whether it is Gadget compatible! My project folder is full of great sounding quickies. Definitely the most intuitive sequencer out there.

I agree :)

• @PatSieb said:

@supadom said:
    Next time a synth app comes out the first question I'm going to ask whether it is Gadget compatible! My project folder is full of great sounding quickies. Definitely the most intuitive sequencer out there.

Well, I do have almost all Korg Apps with IAPs so I could very well start calling my iPad for 'KorgPad' :)

• @Samu said:

@PatSieb said:

@supadom said:

Well, I do have almost all Korg Apps with IAPs so I could very well start calling my iPad for 'KorgPad' :)

great Samu, are you still using your nanoKEY Studio for creation? I didn't buy it yet, will wait for now...

• @PatSieb said:

great Samu, are you still using your nanoKEY Studio for creation? I didn't buy it yet, will wait for now...

Yepp! When I need hardware-knobs It's still my go to :)

• @Samu said:

@PatSieb said:

@supadom said:

Same here... And I'm so desperate to get the audio update that I don't come on this forum that much since they annouced the delay... I'm kind of depressed lol ;-)

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@Samu said:

@PatSieb said:

@supadom said:

Same here... And I'm so desperate to get the audio update that I don't come on this forum that much since they annouced the delay... I'm kind of depressed lol ;-)

Initially I stopped checking in every day because of the wait for Gadget....but now I am not here so much because I am addicted to visiting Hyrule once again :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

@Samu said:

@PatSieb said:

@supadom said:

Initially I stopped checking in every day because of the wait for Gadget....but now I am not here so much because I am addicted to visiting Hyrule once again :D

Ok I admit I also have this problem... Hard to find time to make music during my trip to Hyrule lol ;-)

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

@Samu said:

@PatSieb said:

@supadom said:

Ok I admit I also have this problem... Hard to find time to make music during my trip to Hyrule lol ;-)

Hehehe.......It is a wonderful place

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@Samu said:

@PatSieb said:

@supadom said:

was searching yesterday for some new news, nothing. makes me worry about that late march date, maybe all is well and they just don't want to give a set date to avoid not delivering that promise again.

• @vpich said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

@Samu said:

@PatSieb said:

@supadom said:

was searching yesterday for some new news, nothing. makes me worry about that late march date, maybe all is well and they just don't want to give a set date to avoid not delivering that promise again.

Should be fine. All those amazing end of March tunes will have to be moved to early May, that's all ;)