Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Urgent appeal for Doug of the SoundTestRoom (was: Just sending some best wishes)

Kind of off topic but not:

I would just like to send all my best wishes to Doug of thesoundtestroom fame.

Been missing his wonderfully cheerful review voice of late. While I know he has had difficulties due to illness, just because he struggles to do what he used to do, it's no reason for us to forget him.

So I would like to take this opportunity to send my emphatic best wishes to Doug and his family. I too have had major life changes due to ill health and I know that sometimes we can feel lost from the world when we are no longer able to do what we once did. This I say to you Doug, you will always hold a special place in the hearts of many iOS music makers on this forum.

Best wishes for the future

Bat.

Amendment: This thread has since changed in nature. Please be aware we are now trying to raise funds for support of Doug of the SoundTestRoom fame. Please read the rest of the thread fro ways you can help. A summery will be amended here when I am able.

you can donate via PayPal using [email protected] email.

@AlterEgo_UK Thanks for the fantastic response! You can also help,and get something in return, by buying one (or more) of our albums from:

http://dougwoodsandcolinpowell.bandcamp.com
For any albums bought in December, I will pass on all the the money from the sales to Doug, less what Bandcamp and PayPal take.
We now have 8 albums, covering a range of styles from chill out, via electronic to Prog Rock.

Doug also has an eBay store on which he sells a wide variety or vinyl, DVDs etc.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/thesoundtestroom_9?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

And his own Bandcamp page:
https://thesoundtestroom.bandcamp.com/

@TozBourne I'm impressed by the heartfelt responses here to Doug's plight. I'm very privileged to have also worked with Doug, but in a very different (experimental) musical direction. And as Colin has done, if anyone is brave enough to buy the Doug and Toz album, I'll send all the proceeds to Doug.

Explorations into Fuzzy Logic:
https://dougandtoz.bandcamp.com/releases

Comments

• Be well Doug ,and yes you are missed.

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2016

Was not aware of that ...
    All the very best, Doug & get well soon!

Health is our most precious asset...

Best,
    Lars

• Don't get me wrong folks. I believe Doug is still active and doing iOS related videos, just not to the degree we remember. A new app always used to make me smile as I knew Doug would soon be releasing a video of it. Even when the app ended up being pants, Doug made me smile on his videos :)

• Yes, hope you make a full recovery Doug.

• The iOS world, for me, was soundtracked by Doug Woods. For his sins he was the one who pointed me (as with many others) here to the forum. We have heard far too little of his 'Hello everybody...' recently. Wish we could all come round with a cake and say hello back, but hope you're making progress mate.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The iOS world, for me, was soundtracked by Doug Woods. For his sins he was the one who pointed me (as with many others) here to the forum. We have heard far too little of his 'Hello everybody...' recently. Wish we could all come round with a cake and say hello back, but hope you're making progress mate.

Same here, it is his fault that I am now glued to my iPad making music, he planted the seed........best wishes fella

• I also haven't heard from Doug for a while but I know he has quite a lot on his plate and hasn't been online much. I have emailed him and let him know about this thread. I am sure he will log in if he is able to.

• Dear Sir Doug
    Here's hoping you're getting better soon. You are sorely missed.
    All the best ...

• Doug Woods is the John Peel of iOS.

• I'd love to see Doug go wild with iWavestation so I wish him fast recovery...
    Miss his sense of humour and cool style of demoing and playing with all the apps :)

• All the best Doug.

• Likewise hope that you are able to manage your health situation positively and with improvement Doug @thesoundtestroom. Looking forward to more from you in due time hopefully.

• @AndyE said:
    Doug Woods is the John Peel of iOS.

>

Yes, that is a good analogy. I have learned so much watching Doug's vids....and spent a lot of money as a result.

Apple should give him an iPad Pro in recognition of what he's done for app sales.

• I like doug's videos as they reflect the chaos and excitement of getting a new app and figuring it out, my pockets are lighter and my musical ipad experiences richer, quite a few things over the years I would of missed, so all the best doug and I hope your back in the saddle soon.

• Yes. What everyone else said.

• Hello everybody, I'm sorry I havn't been as active as normal but times are very very hard for us now, I'm still very ill and on top of all that we are in very deep financial trouble, which is causing massive stress and is not helping with my health or Jo's, but Watson is well and happy. Korg have given me the iWavestation so I shall do my very best to get a demo out.
    My eyesight is basically shot now so gone are the days of complex demo's but I can still play, so demoing presets is still cool.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me for years and it's a testament to how good iOS is that the channel has over 5,000,000 views an more than 15,000 subscribers, I'm very proud of that, not bad for a dick head from Liverpool who only ever wanted to play.

I don't want to beg online but if anyone can spare anything that would make a huge difference to me and Jo, but if you can't it's still all cool, you know you can donate via PayPal using [email protected] email.

I feel horrible for even asking and trust me we feel bad enough already, if any of you could share this around that would be very kind, again all I can say is thank you all for watching and enjoying and always being cool beans, we love you.

Cheers, Doug, Jo and Watson

• edited December 2016

@thesoundtestroom -- love you, Doug. I'm so glad you responded here, you are deeply missed. I'm still supporting you on Patreon and will give more once I'm a bit more stable. Obviously I encourage others to help out if they can, I hope the best for you and the family.

• @thesoundtestroom

Sorry to hear things are bad. I can empathise, as I recently lost a lot and have just managed through the help of my friends to find a place to live and start again. Never be too proud to ask for help. People giving is what makes this world a more pleasant place. I would help myself if I could, but have nothing to give at this time except for my best wishes. If I ever get any good fortune in the future I will be in touch.

It's really tough when things we can't control like illness make our lives difficult and even more so when the ones we love feel our pain too. All I can say is people are here for others in many ways and never be afraid to seek help when you need it, as I know you are the sort that would help others.

Have always respected what you have done for the iOS community and hope you know we will do our best to give you the hand of friendship always. My best to you and your family.

Bat.

• My best to the three of you Doug. This forum would not have been what it is without you.

• All the best from me too! I hope you'll be better soon.

• Doug,
    You have been so much help to me and so many others. Instead of buying the next few apps, I'm sending you the money instead. I'm sure developers will understand. Your work has been of great value to them as well.
    Good thoughts to you all from the Sierra Nevada.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    the channel has over 5,000,000 views an more than 15,000 subscribers

Ever consider trying to monetize the channel, by putting ads on it? Not sure how that works, but even at a fraction of a penny, those 5,000,000 views could equate to some nice booty. And who doesn't want nice booty?

• Best wishes Doug <3

• From here too!
    Doug your work is a testament, i appreciate it, every time i here:
    "Welcoooome tooo the..."
    It brings me a smile on my face.
    Thx for that.

• Best wishes Doug.

• Thinking of you @thesoundtestroom and wishing you every good thing.
    If this is creepy coming from a total stranger, then ... um ...

... Sorry.
    ... Oh well. :tongue:

• @decibelle said:

We are not strangers. We are bothers and sisters in music.

• @Nkersov said:

@decibelle said:

We are not strangers. We are bothers and sisters in music.

+1

• My heartfelt thanks from me and Jo for the incredibly kind words and also to the people who have already sent us money, I am so truly touched by your generosity, you guys will never know how much you have helped in what is the darkest period of my life, when it's a choice between heating and eating things don't look so bright, but they look a bit better this morning thanks to you.

• I hope you can get lots of donations also from people with deeper pockets than mine. The idea of putting some ads into your videos for a little money may be worth a shot. I don't know how much would come out of that but I think it's something you should try. Cheers and get well both of you!