Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FLM3 is live

Comments

• edited November 2016

I literally just got that (I was updating other apps at the time). Let's see if I can download all 748 MB in 25 minutes before my long train ride home...

• Downloading now I guess I don't have high expectations are reading everyone's views lol

• very interested in what the sample editing is like and if it's destructive or non-destructive?

• edited December 2016

OK.
    So where does this fall in the pantheon: I have Cubasis, Auria Pro and Modstep.
    Does this bring anything that I don't already have?
    Or is this more along the lines of Auxy?

• I can already yell on iPad Pro 9.7 the bottom is cut off.

• Where is "play in background", midi export, midi out?

• @stormywaterz drag to resize - it works really well once you get used to it :)

• Any news on AU and/ or Ableton LINK support. And how about something like Slicex? Can't find any thorough update info on FL website

• @stormywaterz said:
    I can already yell on iPad Pro 9.7 the bottom is cut off.

@Trueyorky said:
    @stormywaterz drag to resize - it works really well once you get used to it :)

Just stumbled upon it lol still some quirks about it like audio copy uses pasteboard but it runs really smooth. Best I've seen. It's has some usefulness. Colors are poppin though.

• So it's universal I see
    Is this the intro or regular price?

• Oh, I see, midi export will be added "ASAP", so about 1-2 years from now?

How about "play in background" or midi out to other apps? Do these features exist?

@Littlewoodg said:

Yep

• @mannix said:
    Any news on AU and/ or Ableton LINK support. And how about something like** Slicex**? Can't find any thorough update info on FL website

• Pretty sure it's usualy $19.99 (was looking for a Black Friday sale on it...this is close!) so 25% off...

• Anybody got this yet? Curious if it's got any kind of global tuning/master tune for my 432 lovin ass

• Does this have anything unique at all? Honest question

• How does one add IAA instruments? Or record from Audiobus? I tried looking for that and couldn't find it, but if someone can outline that I might just install on a phone at least. For the moment I've removed it again from my iPad. Looked in the manual. Didn't see it there either.

• @MusicInclusive said:
    How does one add IAA instruments? Or record from Audiobus? I tried looking for that and couldn't find it, but if someone can outline that I might just install on a phone at least. For the moment I've removed it again from my iPad. Looked in the manual. Didn't see it there either.

My question as well. Is this basically auxy -- with the ability to import samples -- or can it host or sequence the midi of other apps?

• Does it host AU?

• So what instruments does this have? Could not find that information anywhere. Strange too, because you'd think they'd want to make that clear.

• Doesn't host anything from what I can see. It's the mega hulk of auxy

• @brambos said:
    Does it host :blush: I did post Scott in the forum to add suggestions of AU, Link, etc. He replied, that he has passed it to the Dev. I think they are getting them all released out on all systems first, then adding them later? I cannot say more than that.

• wimwim
    edited December 2016

I can kinda see why they wouldn't host anything. The idea is it's supposed to be identical across platforms, and portable as a VST plugin in the full FL Studio app on PC. You couldn't take a hosted IAA app and have it play back on the PC. The best you could do would be to render everything to audio tracks before opening a project on the PC.

Maybe they'll have some way to manage that, but it's kind of hard to see how.

It seems to me like it's going to have little new to offer to iOS people unless they also us FL Studio on the PC. Or maybe it will run as a VST in any desktop DAW. That would be kind of useful I guess. As I've become allergic to creating any music on my PC, it probably wont offer me all that much other than amusement.

Ugh. I'm all negative tonight. I'm gonna sign off until I'm not so depressing. :|

• Decent iPhone Multitrack and DAW?

• I originally had the original iPhone version of the app. Glad it's finally gone universal. I had a few IAP in the old version I wonder if they carry over. Music Studio which was similar also got a update yesterday but more cosmetic than this

• Just as I had doubted. I feel ashamed. The cock crowed three times and I denied Image-Line.

(Downloading now, hope its' worth the extra year of waiting).

• I like the instrument select style. Test the octaves by sliding but seems version 2. Had way more instrument choices. Piano roll is slick but still feels like a small box with not much movement. It could go places if it gets tender love and care.

• After brief mess-around with it I'm not impressed!

The font-sizes in use are way, way too small. Sure my iPad Air 2 has a 2048x1536 resolution but that does not justify usage of super small fonts, grrrr!(Even with strong glasses I have a hard time to read them!).

The GMS synth and Transistor-bass are nice but lack many of the features present in their 'desktop parents'.

If this is Image-Lines way to lure customers to purchase the big Fruity Loops for desktoo they have imho failed...

I'll keep the app on my iPad in hope that it will improve over time.
    (At least a few more grid options than 1/16th).

• Ok i have Auria Pro And Cubasis. I brought fl Studio in the past, but Now i Need this Not more. I have Seen it And deleted.

• @kobamoto said:
    very interested in what the sample editing is like and if it's destructive or non-destructive?

No sample edit at all just pan pitch and volume.