Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Tim Cook Says He Expects AirPods to Ship Over 'Next Few Weeks' in Email to Customer

Customer's comment: "Give us a release date. I really bought in to the wireless vision you painted. Now I'm stuck waiting with my EarPods but can't charge my 7 at the same time which I need to do at work. Let us know if it's a month or 6 months, because then I'll just buy some other wireless headphones."

Tim Cook's response: "Thanks for your note. Sorry for the delay---we are finalizing them and I anticipate we will begin to ship over the next few weeks."

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/11/30/tim-cook-airpods-email/

We will see what this wireless future brings, and how successful Airpods will be.

Comments

• I think I'll give it a couple of years before I get over being self conscious about wearing those things anyway, so no hurries, Tim.

• Ships with Beatmaker 3 I hear.

• I love my iPhone 6S.

• @Brain said:
    I love my iPhone 6S.

Word.

• First tests are out.
    Latency, as expected, to bad to do anything.

• After a ridiculous wait, no surprise about latency.
    Oh well thank goodness for the good old fashioned wired head phones.
    Always been reliable, always will be.
    I definitely understand that it will most probably be apple that solves the problem, but i don't see it very soon, as most of apples users wouldn't get in a situation where latency matters for their daily needs.

• I recently saw a review of other non-Apple Bluetooth non-wired earphones and quite a few have syncing problems between channels! That's a nightmare.

• Except when ther will be a scientific breakthrough BT will have lag. BT Headphones are only okay whem listening to music not when you are making it.

• A review of the Airpods:

http://www.mcelhearn.com/apple-airpods-first-impressions/

Yet another Apple device I won't spend money on.

• edited December 2016

@Nicebutfun said:> Oh well thank goodness for the good old fashioned wired head phones.
    Always been reliable, always will be.

This.
    I was watching something about the ISS and you would expect yeah they'll have some wireless headphones and mics for communication with the others in other parts of the station or something. Nope, nada. Wired headphones all the way. Because ish just works.

• Oh well, it's only latency. Just another ill Tim-ed Cook-up!

• It's latency and "batteries".
    Awful.

• Well, we knew this was coming...

AirPods Strap, Stouch iPhone 7 / 7 Plus Air Pods Sports Strap Wire Rope Connector for Apple Airpods [General and Luminous Sports 2 styles] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXS33OB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Asgwyb2STXDDB

So tell me what the benefit of the airpods is again? Oh yeah, easy pairing. About as easy as when I turn on my bluetooth headset and it pairs.

• edited December 2016

I don't get it, AirPods are great... Pairing it's amazing, automatically paired not just to the iPhone but to every apple device linked to to same iCloud account and more importantly pairing never fails
    . The sound it's really good (not for music production or anything like that and certainly not enough for the crazy audiophiles) but AirPods are consumer products. For my non musician life are perfect. If you ask me wether to deal with wires or charge your headphones every 30 hours, I prefer the second one.

Latency it's not there but It will get there eventually in the meantime guys... it's not like the iPhone has no audio out anymore.

Edit:
    Ill give you this: the only idiotic thing about them for me its that there is no volume control other than your voice. thats a classic example of apple taking a good idea to far, like the old iPod shuffle that had no buttons or the iPod nano that was only the screen and just like those cases i bet they will take a few steps back for the next generation.

But the headphone jack will never go back to the iPhone, i don't think anyone cares. Beyond a vocal minority, there weren't any riots and the iPhone 7 didn't flopped. And with the rumors of everyone dropping the headphone jack in the near future well... (As well as the few that have drop it already besides Apple)

• I disagree ^^

• @Lacm1993 said:
    I don't get it, AirPods are great... Pairing it's amazing, automatically paired not just to the iPhone but to every apple device linked to to same iCloud account and more importantly pairing never fails
    . The sound it's really good (not for music production or anything like that and certainly not enough for the crazy audiophiles) but AirPods are consumer products. For my non musician life are perfect. If you ask me wether to deal with wires or charge your headphones every 30 hours, I prefer the second one.

Latency it's not there but It will get there eventually in the meantime guys... it's not like the iPhone has no audio out anymore.

Edit:
    Ill give you this: the only idiotic thing about them for me its that there is no volume control other than your voice. thats a classic example of apple taking a good idea to far, like the old iPod shuffle that had no buttons or the iPod nano that was only the screen and just like those cases i bet they will take a few steps back for the next generation.

But the headphone jack will never go back to the iPhone, i don't think anyone cares. Beyond a vocal minority, there weren't any riots and the iPhone 7 didn't flopped. And with the rumors of everyone dropping the headphone jack in the near future well... (As well as the few that have drop it already besides Apple)

If Apple paid me to write a Fanpost for Air Pods, my result would probably end up very very similar to this.

If. Paid. Apple. Fanpost. Similar.

• Edit: Make that a Fanpost about Air Pods AND pointless loss of the dedicated 3.5mm input, I mean, incredibly innovative addition of functionality reduction I mean streamlining, I mean ...

• edited December 2016

If Apple paid me to write a Fanpost for Air Pods, my result would probably end up very very similar to this.

If. Paid. Apple. Fanpost. Similar.

Jajaja. I wish...

I would be doing it a lot more... :blush:

Jajaja. Sorry I guess my post did came off too much "ifanboy".

I like them as simple as that, i did point out a major flaw with the AirPods. (Potencial deal breaker for me in fact if it's not corrected)

They do look weird. But that's more a cultural thing. We've been seeing wires for almost 20 years (even with other Bluetooth headphones) suddenly not seeing them its strange.

• edited December 2016

@Munibeast said:
    I disagree ^^

With what part?. If you mean functionality The AirPods do pair with every device automatically.

• @Lacm1993 said:

@Munibeast said:
    I disagree ^^

With what part?. If you mean functionality The AirPods do pair with every device automatically.

I disagree with > @Lacm1993 said:

I don't get it, AirPods are great...

But the headphone jack will never go back to the iPhone, i don't think anyone cares. Beyond a vocal minority, there weren't any riots and the iPhone 7 didn't flopped. And with the rumors of everyone dropping the headphone jack in the near future well

• Also they still haven't announced iPhone 7 sales figures, so chances are they were actually lower than the iPhone 6S.
    https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/25/apple-profits-sales-decline-2016-iphone-7

• edited December 2016

Im waiting for peak iPhone anyway,
    Everybody that wants and can afford one has one.
    They are slowly running out of new customers.
    And if I look at what ppl do with their phones: play games, surf, telephone, make stupid selfies, they don't need to upgrade every year or every other year ...

I don't have a smartphone. Don't need and want one. All I do with the cellphone is phonecalls, for everything else I want a bigger display.

• To be honest @Lacm1993, does make some valid points, I don't believe this will have much impact on sales figures, the average consumer will merely think they are a trend setter, but most of all, one of Apples competitors introduced the self-destructing phone.

• 4 of my friends already received their airpods and have nothing but good things to say about them. Paired easy, works great if you only want to use one ala old school Jabra, and they all said the fit was fine and they didn't expect to lose them even during jogs. Only one made a comment about the volume controls, but he listens to classical mostly and found balancing phone calls with his music took awhile to get used to. The rest said once they got the volume right for one it was fine to leave it there for just about everything else.

None of them are musicians though, so there is that. These are obviously not aimed at people who frequent this forum I'd say, but for your average consumer seems like something a lot of people are going to find useful.

• I don't see the point in spending a lot of money on a telephone, I mean…
    Who you gonna call?

• edited December 2016

@Lacm1993 said: The sound it's really good (not for music production or anything like that and certainly not enough for the crazy audiophiles) but AirPods are consumer products.

Sony and Sennheiser cans are consumer products too,
    they are in the same price range and they beat the crap out of what apple/beats sells. ;)
    But they aren't hip and hyped.

• Airpods make no sense for a musician. A wired connection to a quality audio interface will remain the best option for at least the next few years.

As an augmented reality/audio accessory, I think the Airpods are Apple's first revolutionary product since the death of Jobs.

• edited December 2016

whats the revolution?
    Working cross devices?
    I takes me 3 sec to pull the plug out of the iPad and into the mac.
    And doesn't involve another pair of dying batteries.
    This is no revolution it's a solution for problems nobody has. >:)

And it's another product for the throwaway society.
    Im using my sonys since 15 years, this battery trash is trash in 2 years. :/
    Apple talks a lot of trash about being green.

• @lala said:
    Im waiting for peak iPhone anyway,
    Everybody that wants and can afford one has one.
    They are slowly running out of new customers.
    And if I look at what ppl do with their phones: play games, surf, telephone, make stupid selfies, they don't need to upgrade every year or every other year ...

I don't have a smartphone. Don't need and want one. All I do with the cellphone is phonecalls, for everything else I want a bigger display.

Same here. My next phone will be a flip top that cost £30, with a battery that lasts forever!

• @u0421793 said:
    I don't see the point in spending a lot of money on a telephone, I mean…
    Who you gonna call?

"Ghostbusters!"