Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poison 202 got an update. Midi learn, new sounds etc

edited November 2016 in General App Discussion

Yay. This is my favourite synth, but was lacking midi learn, finally its here :)

Updates:
• added Midi Learn feature. To enter it, tap 3 times on any knob or fader control. When done, tap WRITE button to save changes.
• added ability to Export / Import user preset sound banks using iTunes File Sharing system (look in Settings page);
• added ability to merge user presets banks;
• maximum number of user presets is raised to 300;
• added "Poison-202" Virtual Midi In Port;
• 10 new patches added to factory Bank B;
• added new Bank C with 17 drum patches;
• added background audio idle timer (adjustable from Settings page);
• added default midi mapping (can be changed using Midi Learn);
• fixed: audio units midi program change event issue;
• fixed: issue with midi note off event, appeared when working with Geo Synth;
• fixed: preset number related issues in audio units, which could cause crashes under Garage Band;
• master volume and patch gain changes are now interpolated (no clicks);
• delay time parameter change is now interpolated;
• other minor improvements.

Comments

• Yay. Looks very nice indeed.

• edited November 2016

Good update. Poison 202 is an awesome synth and it's my favourite virtual analog on iOS. It has replaced Sunrizer for me as the go to virtual analog synth on iOS and it supports AU (which Sunrizer doesn't) and I can program the same Sunrizer sounds on Poison 202. In a way it is Sunrizer but with a different GUI and AU support.

• Woo hoo virtual MIDI In

• Great synth - good update!

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Woo hoo virtual MIDI In

Go twiddle some knobs Andy :p

• Poison-202 keeps getting better and better!
    The developer is good at tweaking sounds too, the new presets are pretty neat :)

Hope the preset export/sharing goes beyond iTunes Sharing in future updates.

• Yes having better preset backup and sharing is about the only real thing this needs to become a top draw synth :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Woo hoo virtual MIDI In

• I do think we should form the anti-iTunes sharing league!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I do think we should form the anti-iTunes sharing league!

I did think of you when I saw that in there ;) LOL

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Woo hoo virtual MIDI In

Is that your new midi controller? Wow

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yes having better preset backup and sharing is about the only real thing this needs to become a top draw synth :)

iTunes share works as a temporary solution together with iFunBox :)
    The developer is aware of my preferred 'methods'(iOS DocumentPicker/iCloudDrive & iOS Sharesheet).

Poison-202 is still a 'top/first draw' synth in my book :D

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yes having better preset backup and sharing is about the only real thing this needs to become a top draw synth :)

iTunes share works as a temporary solution together with iFunBox :)
    The developer is aware of my preferred 'methods'(iOS DocumentPicker/iCloudDrive & iOS Sharesheet).

Poison-202 is still a 'top/first draw' synth in my book :D

Not for me. My iPad is a laptop virgin and will remain so :p

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I do think we should form the anti-iTunes sharing league!

I did think of you when I saw that in there ;) LOL

I will fight them on the beaches....

• I tried to start a new anti iTunes thread and my iPad froze up! Apple know what you are doing! :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I tried to start a new anti iTunes thread and my iPad froze up! Apple know what you are doing! :p

See....even Apple don't use iTunes for iPad access :P LOL

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I tried to start a new anti iTunes thread and my iPad froze up! Apple know what you are doing! :p

See....even Apple don't use iTunes for iPad access :P LOL

It's a conspiracy man! I tell ya...

• Still no way to sync with external source? Link next please!
    Or at least MIDI sync.

• Good stuff. Very happy about Midi learn for Tabletop IAA automation and the GarageBand issue fix also. Been using GarageBand a lot lately since AU state saving in Modstep is not working properly.

• love this synth more and more.... how can you midi learn the mod and pitch wheel? i can't seem to get it to work?

• This synth is so good.

• The new 'Drum Presets' are actually pretty darn good, do I need other Drum-Synths? :D

• Totally love this Synth!!

• Are there any plans to make this universal?

• @Munibeast said:
    Are there any plans to make this universal?

It already is universal.

• @firejan82 said:

@Munibeast said:
    Are there any plans to make this universal?

It already is universal.

Great!

• Is the ARP not available in AU mode? Or am I just not seeing it?

• edited November 2016

wrong message

• Right, silly question perhaps, but still: is there a magic secret rhythm I need to adhere to when doing "tap 3 times" for midi learn? If I tap once: nothing. If I tap twice: resets value. If I tap three times: nothing. No visual clue, no "yep I'm ready for you to tweak your controller so I can save the CC". Nothing.

I've tried tapping fast, slow etc...at best I get the actual value to reset and when I then tap the third tap in the same speed...nothing.