Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app.dream foot.

Comments

• On my phone so I can't really check it out but it looks like the desktop version does a thing lots of folks have asked about and I'm not sure has ever been solved: set up a sequence of chords and trigger the next chord in the sequence by hitting a single pedal.

• @syrupcore said:
    On my phone so I can't really check it out but it looks like the desktop version does a thing lots of folks have asked about and I'm not sure has ever been solved: set up a sequence of chords and trigger the next chord in the sequence by hitting a single pedal.

I've been playing around with it a bit today. It's probably all that most people want, though a little too simplistic for my needs. I wish it would store different sounds/midi settings with each sequence, or even for each chord (or maybe I haven't found how to do yet). It appears you need to manually change sounds for each song. But it's simple to understand and very straightforward to use.

I wrote a Lemur script that goes quite a bit further, and I'm very tied to it for live use right now. But Lemur adds a bit of resource overhead. Dreamfoot appears to be very lightweight. Maybe with a few updates it could fit some of my other needs, but it should fit the bill for many who are looking for an easy way to trigger set chord progressions from either a footswitch or pad controller.

• @rad3d said:

@syrupcore said:
    On my phone so I can't really check it out but it looks like the desktop version does a thing lots of folks have asked about and I'm not sure has ever been solved: set up a sequence of chords and trigger the next chord in the sequence by hitting a single pedal.

I've been playing around with it a bit today. It's probably all that most people want, though a little too simplistic for my needs. I wish it would store different sounds/midi settings with each sequence, or even for each chord (or maybe I haven't found how to do yet). It appears you need to manually change sounds for each song. But it's simple to understand and very straightforward to use.

I wrote a Lemur script that goes quite a bit further, and I'm very tied to it for live use right now. But Lemur adds a bit of resource overhead. Dreamfoot appears to be very lightweight. Maybe with a few updates it could fit some of my other needs, but it should fit the bill for many who are looking for an easy way to trigger set chord progressions from either a footswitch or pad controller.

@rad3d I agree with you, the idea is great, but I think Dream Foot could do a little more than simply shoot a chord. How is your project? Does it necessarily depend on Lemur? This sounds interesting, although it needs to be lightweight, as there will always be others working together.

• @maya-br
    My project is written for Lemur, so it's required. You can see some screenshots and download the user guide for it at https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/638/.

I am able to use it alongside a couple other synth apps on a mini 4, and I also run a second mini 4 with several other apps. Both are routed through an iCA4, so the Lemur app has access to all apps on both iPads.

I've been toying around with porting it to an actual app, but I almost wish the Dreamfoot guys would add a few more solid live features, as the core functionality is already there.

• @rad3d said:
    @maya-br
    My project is written for Lemur, so it's required. You can see some screenshots and download the user guide for it at https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/638/.

I am able to use it alongside a couple other synth apps on a mini 4, and I also run a second mini 4 with several other apps. Both are routed through an iCA4, so the Lemur app has access to all apps on both iPads.

I've been toying around with porting it to an actual app, but I almost wish the Dreamfoot guys would add a few more solid live features, as the core functionality is already there.

Wow, it worked hard to do all of this! ;-)
    I have only a mini retina, so I need to have everything very light so there are no problems.
    I was looking at Navichord and it seemed quite promising. It has an iPhone version that costs 2.99 just do not know if it has the same features as the iPad version

• @maya-br said:

@rad3d said:
    @maya-br

Wow, it worked hard to do all of this! ;-)
    I have only a mini retina, so I need to have everything very light so there are no problems.
    I was looking at Navichord and it seemed quite promising. It has an iPhone version that costs 2.99 just do not know if it has the same features as the iPad version

iPhone version is the same as the iPad one, the only difference it is not universal. You can map chords to pads and advance through the progression via MIDI-learned keys (forward and backwards). MIDI mapping in action:

• Hey @rad3d @flo26 @maya-br @syrupcore
    I just found out about this Dream Foot forum, and I see that you guys have many ideas that could help our app improve. I am the founder of the App, and I would love to hear some of the suggestions that you guys have talked about. We are driven by the ideas of our users, and we want to make sure that the app can be a great tool for your live performances. We are doing a major update this month that includes the integration of Audiobus.

What are some of the things that you guys would like to see on our App.

• To me seems better option Midiband and work your song parts in arranger styling. Also if you want to go straightforward with audio (since you can change the chords on the fly so preparation is a must) GTL makes more sense and bring live looping options into the gig.

All of these for a fraction of this. Seems the typical answer for no-asked-question...

• @FilipeMichael said:
    Hey @rad3d @flo26 @maya-br @syrupcore
    I just found out about this Dream Foot forum, and I see that you guys have many ideas that could help our app improve. I am the founder of the App, and I would love to hear some of the suggestions that you guys have talked about. We are driven by the ideas of our users, and we want to make sure that the app can be a great tool for your live performances. We are doing a major update this month that includes the integration of Audiobus.

What are some of the things that you guys would like to see on our App.

Intergration with Audiobus will certainly be helpful. It doesn't show up in AUM either. It works well with iRig's BlueBoard but you need to run the BlueBoard App first. The main thing for me though is being able to control it with my BlueBoard while Dream Foot is running in the background.

• edited August 2017

I must say I'm tempted but it's a bit expensive for iOS standards. Probably will get it anyways since it seems to be a nice alternative with another approach. Would be a nice addition to the collection with ChordPolyPad and Navichord, which are both brilliant.

• The nice thing about this app is the ability to use the BlueBoard to cycle through your created sustained chord progressions. Makes for a lot of guitar jamming fun. I don't believe you can do this with Navichord or ChordPolyPad.

@Munibeast said:
    I must say I'm tempted but it's a bit expensive for iOS standards. Probably will get it anyways since it seems to be a nice alternative with another approach. Would be a nice addition to the collection with ChordPolyPad and Navichord, which are both brilliant.

• edited August 2017

@Philh0954 said:
    The nice thing about this app is the ability to use the BlueBoard to cycle through your created sustained chord progressions. Makes for a lot of guitar jamming fun. I don't believe you can do this with Navichord or ChordPolyPad.

@Munibeast said:

Yes, although Navichord can also cycle through a series of held chords there's only one sequence possible with a maximum of 16 chords. This new app can navigate between multiple progressions. Also the chords selection seems to be superior and you can create custom chords as well.
    It'll be interesting to see what the next updates will add.
    I would like to see it become a universal app like ChordPolyPad.
    Also it would be great to see an option to share song and jam configurations.
    The jam view could have more pads, at least 12 but preferably 16 in a 4x4 layout. The keyboard view could be optional as well to help with screen real estate.
    More sounds would be nice. Audiobus will be useful too.
    IMHO the price is a little high and may be a good idea to lower it slightly in order to get more sales? I did buy it but it seems like not many other audiobussers did...

• So I guess there's not much interest for this one anymore. Not even from the dev...

• Well, he ( @FilipeMichael ) did stop by a little earlier in this thread and said that they had a major update coming this month including the integration of audiobus. We'll see.

• edited August 2017

Crossing fingers. I like the app. It has a lot of potential. Hope they add more advanced functionality and audiobus.
    One thing that is weird is that it keeps adding a new row any time you press down. It would be great if instead it would cycle through the occupied rows and go back to the top. So if you have just 2 rows you only need one button to go back and forth between the two.

• @Munibeast said:
    Crossing fingers. I like the app. It has a lot of potential. Hope they add more advanced functionality and audiobus.
    One thing that is weird is that it keeps adding a new row any time you press down. It would be great if instead it would cycle through the occupied rows and go back to the top. So if you have just 2 rows you only need one button to go back and forth between the two.

Great suggestion! @FilipeMichael , take note!

• Thank you guys, @Philh0954 @Munibeast
    Lots of great suggestions.

We just released the first part of the new update

• Individual Transpose for each song.
    • Chord Progression Menu with the ability to Copy/Paste and rename a chord progression.
    • 3 more banks of Jam Pads for a total of 24 chord Pads to use.
    • Midi mapping persistence so now you don't have to remap your midi controller every time you resetart the app.
    • Midi Channel Out.
    • And other system fixes and improvements.

**** We are almost done with the implementation of Audiobus and IAA, it should be available in the next two weeks.****

• Cool, looking forward to AB :smiley:
    And as mentioned above it would be nice if instead of creating new rows with each press of the down arrow it would cycle through the occupied rows and go back to the top again.
    Some more ideas for improvement:

• iCloud sharing of songs
    • better copy & paste implementation
    • more onboard sounds (see CPP)
    • universal app
    • transpose just one row of chords
  • We will look into your suggestions @Munibeast
    Thanks for the great feedback.

• The Dream Foot App is on SALE 50% OFF from Sept 4 - Sept 7
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dream-foot/id1166292558?mt=8

• edited September 2017

....posted my comment in the other thread about it...

• Sorry if already mentioned but auto song play progression would be cool in Song Mode. Also, please look into Audiobus Remote. This is an amazing tool for also triggering various song sections or scenes remotely with an iPhone or whatever but Remote is amazing. Hope you guys can.

@FilipeMichael said:
    Thank you guys, @Philh0954 @Munibeast

• Chord Progression Menu with the ability to Copy/Paste and rename a chord progression.
    • Midi mapping persistence so now you don't have to remap your midi controller every time you resetart the app.
    • Midi Channel Out.

**** We are almost done with the implementation of Audiobus and IAA, it should be available in the next two weeks.****

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Sorry if already mentioned but auto song play progression would be cool in Song Mode. Also, please look into Audiobus Remote. This is an amazing tool for also triggering various song sections or scenes remotely with an iPhone or whatever but Remote is amazing. Hope you guys can.

@FilipeMichael said:

• Midi Channel Out.

Thanks for your input, we are already working on a autoplay feature, and audiobus would be fully implemented in a few weeks.

• edited September 2017

This is so awesome!
    I just tested it with Navichord sending midi data to Dreamfoot! It worked great. Only thing is that Dreamfoot doesn't show up in Navichord's Midi output list so I had to select Navichord's virtual midi Output. Don't know why but Navichord does show up in Dreamfoot's midi input list. So when I triggered Navichord's transport it activated Dreamfoots Song transport. I don't recall if I Midi learned it but I'm on the Metro train so I had to shut everything down so I wouldn't miss my stop :o :# o:)

I'll test some more tomorrow but I really liked how I could have Navichord control Addictive Pro Synth and Dreamfoot controlled Infinite Synth! Pretty powerful combination here guys!

@FilipeMichael you have a very seeet app and here most of the guys like me are accustomed to the regular standard options now with apps:

Ableton Link
    AB3
    AB3 Remote
    Midi in/out
    Background Audio
    And so on....
    So far this app plays in background from my earlier tests and was controlled via midi with no problems!

Ableton Link &!AB3 and AB3 remote, song progression auto play would put this app over the top and a perfect combo with other Chord apps.

Thanks for the great work and for listening to the users here!

@FilipeMichael said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Sorry if already mentioned but auto song play progression would be cool in Song Mode. Also, please look into Audiobus Remote. This is an amazing tool for also triggering various song sections or scenes remotely with an iPhone or whatever but Remote is amazing. Hope you guys can.

@FilipeMichael said:

• Midi Channel Out.

Thanks for your input, we are already working on a autoplay feature, and audiobus would be fully implemented in a few weeks.

• Hey guys, just so you know, the latest update that we released last night fixes a bug that was happening with the new Transpose feature. Also, we added a feature that lets you cycle trough the chord progressions. Our next update will include a full implementation of audiobus.

• Thanks Bro!
    Loving this app! Will leave AppStore review. 5 stars! <3 o:)

• @FilipeMichael said:
    Hey guys, just so you know, the latest update that we released last night fixes a bug that was happening with the new Transpose feature. Also, we added a feature that lets you cycle trough the chord progressions. Our next update will include a full implementation of audiobus.

Very nice, thanks!

• AB appears to be showing DreamFoot now but won't load what's the score?

• The next update will add full AB integration.