Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live Jam with Novation Launchpad and lots of other stuff with HQ Audio

I wanted to start doing a few vids using the iPad in a live situation..I really enjoyed doing this..and I have done a few recording ones so I thought I'd have a go at this...there are mistakes as most of it is improv, I just made sure the tempo of all the gear was set at 130 bpm..also no misi sync on anything, just relied on my timing so there are a few errors..anyways I hope you guys find it interesting and fun..thanks

Comments

• Great stuff! I really enjoyed that. Some funky grooves in there. It looked like you were having fun as well :)

• Yeah it was good fun..the cool thing is with the launch pad and to some extent the Electribe is that they do most of the work..I mean you could really go out do a gig with this stuff and just press buttons..It would have to a lot more polished though..

• edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2013

Finally listened. Some great stuff in there!

• Inspiring!

• some nice elements but gets a bit lost at times LOL !

• @enc Yeah you are right, it actually gets lost and goes out of time a few times, but other than the 130 bpm and the initial settings I kinda winged it, not the normal thing I do but it was really fun..I may do a few others like this with other gear and apps, maybe some WIST stuff..or join two iPads up with the Kaosspad in between, that may be cool.The thing is now with Audiobus and the external audio connections you can get its getting easier to mix and match all this stuff together...like you could use any of your VST's now and record then right into the iPad with effects and everything..share them everywhere import them backwards and forwards up and down whatever you like..it's all very very good for us..Just for info the Audio Interfaces I use are an iRig HD and the super cheap..like £25 or $40..Behringer UCA222, which will give you a full stereo interface for less than the price of Cubasis, so any external gear you have that is stereo i.e keyboards or drums modules or machines, midi sound boxs, your PC or Mac VST's or daws can all be intergrated backwards and fowards either via iPad or computer as the UCA222 also works as an audio interface for Mac or PC