Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Open In

I find this iOS feature very handy, however it is irritating at the same time. There's no way that I've found to specify the apps presented, and apps that support the file type don't appear while others that don't are there. Does anyone know if I've missed something in trying to work around this? A specific example is trying to open an e-mailed midi file in Audioshare, but that's not in the app list.

Comments

• Unfortunately iOS still have a limitation on the number of apps shown in this list. It was increased in iOS6 but still not large enough.

Not much to do, except hoping Apple will fix this in the future.

Apps that implements the AudioShare export/import SDK works around this issue, but it only helps if you're using AudioShare, of course. http://github.com/lijon/AudioShareSDK

• Yep, ongoing and annoying known issue. Some people have success with opening the missing app manually a few times to get it bumped up the "recent app" priority list, but I don't think this is a reliable technique.

• I'm hoping iOS 7 addresses it!

@jesse_ohio - I don't believe that would be very reliable, since I noticed several apps in the list were used way less than Audioshare, but I'll cycle through it a few times to see.

• iOS wants to open my PDF files in Synth Tronica :p

• How do they sound?? ;-)

• A bit reedy.