Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Standalone Akai MPC Live leaked...

Comments

• interesting!!

• How do they know it's standalone from those photos? All of the hardware IO could amount to computer IO. Also, how did they sort out the RAM etc?

Interesting to me: two of the slim USB ports in addition to the normal large one USB devices often get to hook up to the computer. If it can natively host a couple of USB MIDI devices like a Korg Nano mixer and a USB keyboard, that would be pretty hot.

More detailed photos here: https://fccid.io/pdf.php?id=3190874

• intrigued for sure, wonder what the price will really turn out to be, they must be itching to add another dollar to the total everyday

• @syrupcore it's definitely standalone, says so in the QuickStart manual that has also been leaked online

• Also yes those USB are USB host ports for midi controllers and it also has a sata port inside for a ssd or 2.5 hdd

• The USB ports can also be used for external HD or USB thumb drive to hold samples

• Pic attached

• Hope it does really well. Should be more stand alone units. Computers suck sometimes lol

• This might be really hard to resist if the sequencer is as good or better than the original hardware series. I really hate to give Jack O any money, especially for an MPC product but dayum.

• edited November 2016

@syrupcore said:
    Thanks @mireko_2!

no problemo, interested in what kind of $$ this thing will be, and from owning recent akai gear.. how buggy the standalone software will be. If the stars align and both are ok i might just buy one :smiley:

• Must say this has my interest. Will have to see some reviews first....never had an actual MPC..

• my interest is piqued

• I just stumbled across this. But can't find any information on it. Anyone heard anything? @kobamoto?

• edited December 2016

Little bit of info can be gleaned here but not as much as the MPC Live leak: https://fccid.io/document.php?id=3212385 I can see it has Bluetooth and Wifi (I think). And this info for connections:

A  Audio  Shielded, 0.3m, 2pcs. 
    B  Audio  Shielded, 0.3m, 4pcs. 
    C  Audio  Shielded, 0.3m, 8pcs. 
    D  Audio  Shielded, 0.3m, 6pcs. 
    E  Audio  Shielded, 0.3m, 2pcs. 
    F  Audio  Shielded, 0.3m, 2pcs. 
    G  Audio  Shielded, 0.3m, 2pcs. 
    H  USB  Shielded, 1.8m, 2pcs. with 1 core 
    I  USB  Shielded, 1m, 1pcs. with 1 core 
    J  Power  Unshielded, 1.8m, 1pcs.   
    K  Power  Unshielded, 1.8m, 1pcs.

• Lets see how longg the sample time is . I been waiting for something like this IF it can also double as a beatboxing looper

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Lets see how longg the sample time is . I been waiting for something like this IF it can also double as a beatboxing looper

I'm sure it can but not in the same way an actual looper does.

• edited December 2016

depends on if they carry over the current feature

• Looks purty. Wonder what I'll have to mortgage for it?

Thanks @syrupcore and @nrgb

• @kobamoto said:

You can just feel the excitement emanating from "Jeff."

• @mireko_2 said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    Lets see how longg the sample time is . I been waiting for something like this IF it can also double as a beatboxing looper

I'm sure it can but not in the same way an actual looper does.

Yeah, im meaning more like when i was rocking ableton and a controller as a loop station, kind of clip launcher status. I was planning on buying an Electribe Sampler for vocal sampling but might wait for this bad boy

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@kobamoto said:

You can just feel the excitement emanating from "Jeff."

lol, he's giddy and clearly out of control

• I didn't realize they built a looper in. Very cool. Would be a killer feature if it could actually offer to separate the layers to different samples later. That way you could just jam to build up a loop but have access to each layer later.

• http://cdm.link/2016/11/leaks-hint-new-standalone-akai-mpcs-coming-year/

My opinion in the comments section. Spoiler warning: I prefer blocs wave by far...

• @Dubbylabby said:
    http://cdm.link/2016/11/leaks-hint-new-standalone-akai-mpcs-coming-year/

My opinion in the comments section. Spoiler warning: I prefer blocs wave by far...

which aspect of blocs wave's sequencing, sampling, or sample/slice editing do you prefer to the mpc?

• edited December 2016

This just looks like a prototype for touch that got renamed, that's all. Nothing to see here ;)

• iOS stability, audiobus, share and Ableton link...

All cheap than the cheapest of them (the new revamped touch starts at 899$) and also the fact I found iMpc and Reinassence software less than atractive workflow but even then I have it here at my fingers (iMpc pro) without have to wait...

To me embed a new OS (somehing like w10 IoT adapted to) into a controller box is nothing near to legendary midi sequencer of old Mpcs (which anyways aren't my cup of tea). Being myself more fan of Roland Sp series the actual sampler market is better suited wth oktatrack and Pioneer ToRaiz.

The only thing I miss from blocs wave/samplr is pitch control but asap I will buy samplewiz and that's all folks! XD
    Also if Novation makes compatible their launch series with blocs I'm sold (and will purchase a launchkey in a breath) or even better a iap for midi learn...

Anyways and even without haptic control I prefer the workflow (from sample selector to slice recording) over the old way of markers and chops. I'm more loop based than multisample and velocity layers madness. Simplicity ftw!

;)

• edited December 2016

sounds like the mpc sequencing and sampling capabilities are just not your thing, as the iPad, octatrack, toraiz , blocs wave etc... are completely different. At first I was shocked the mention of blocs wav in your comparison but now I understand.

I can't speak on the stability of the new mpc os since it hasn't been released yet but if it's stable, and has the majority of the features from it's current line up I think they will sell out like the korg minilogue, depending on the price of course.