Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mainstage iOS?? - I wish!

I recently figured out how to make Mainstage multitimbral, and here's a quick example of it being drive by Different Drummer...

Comments

• fantastic. what I would give to have Alchemy and Sculpture on my iPad

• Definitely. I hear a lot of people talking about having Logic ported, and I wouldn't mind seeing that, but I'd be happy enough with Mainstage.

• How did you make Mainstage multitimbral? I remember trying to figure this out but I never could and then got busy with life stuff.

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

• I cleared out everything from the screen then added eight keyboards with a different midi channel assigned to each. You could add 16 to cover all midi channels, but since DD only has eight channels, that's all I used. In fact, I could have done with just four, since five midi channels were pointed at the drums. Midi over wifi to drive it all.

• Honestly, the closest we'll ever get to mainstage is having an app like AUM. I use it for live keyboards all the time with multiple synths and effects going at once. With more apps going AU and with the ability to state save in AUM, it's almost as good!

• @ion677 - I suspect you're right. I do use AUM in a similar manner. I also have Alchemy on iOS, but the other sounds with Mainstage plus the guitar modeling would be a welcome add.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    I recently figured out how to make Mainstage multitimbral, and here's a quick example of it being drive by Different Drummer...

Your cat found a good idea and you stole it from him. It's cruel... :smiley:

• @Matver61 said:
    Your cat found a good idea and you stole it from him. It's cruel... :smiley:

Ha! He'll have a tough time proving anything though, since he doesn't have internet access!

• @funjunkie27 said:
    @ion677 - I suspect you're right. I do use AUM in a similar manner. I also have Alchemy on iOS, but the other sounds with Mainstage plus the guitar modeling would be a welcome add.

Oh absolutely. I'd pony up $30 in a heartbeat for mainstage ios.

• edited November 2016

@ion677 said:

@funjunkie27 said:
    @ion677 - I suspect you're right. I do use AUM in a similar manner. I also have Alchemy on iOS, but the other sounds with Mainstage plus the guitar modeling would be a welcome add.

Oh absolutely. I'd pony up $30 in a heartbeat for mainstage ios.

LOL
    Me too, who wouldn't?
    It's all logic bells and whistles
    And mainstage and logic do mpe now

• yup. I would seriously pay 50 for Sculpture and Alchemy. Maybe even 50 each. I hate working on my laptop but dang them synths is dank. I missed the boat on Alchemy iOS too.

• edited November 2016

On the iPad I think I would prefer to have mainstage and not logic,
    I always think of it as some kind of extended instrument.
    That's what it does great.

Im still horrified editing audio on iOS.
    I wouldn't mind a really great audioeditor too, please.

Hm, with the iPad Pro devices now
    They could shake it if they wanted to :open_mouth:
    And Apple Stores sell 5d controllers now
    They are really interested in music lately it seems

• It's not the same as having Mainstage on iOS, but you can:

• use its .EXS sampled instruments in Auria Pro
    • or you can use its AutoSampler plugin to create SFZ instruments. Several ios apps support SFZs: Auria, MTS, Caustic, bs-16i (after converting SFZ to SF2)