Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Different Drummer updated

• Ability to share presets with others via email, including custom samples
• New independent channel effects including: reverb, filter and distortion
• Note value shown when dragging notes in Grid Mode
• Fixed Midi Sync with Alchemy and other apps
• Various small fixes

Comments

• It might just be you and me on this thread @Flo26. I agree that Peter does a great job with DD. I had asked him to add the note names to the grid about a week ago! The independent effects and sharing presets are nice adds as well.

• Keep pushing guys...you are not alone :-)

• I'm here too

• If the Dev did a half price sale,he would have a lot more than three kings shouting for joy !

• And then there were four :-) .

@funjunkie27, I see how to save presets to DropBox but I am unable to figure out how to load them. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• I get the "Open In" choice after I download it from DropBox, and DD is one of the options. After selecting that, the preset opens directly in DD.

• Got it, thanks.

Interesting preset. Thanks for sharing.

• Glad it worked for you. I'd love to see presets from others as well.

Yeah, the preset was a bit odd, but it was fun.

• Here's a link to the preset I posted earlier, with automation added, then ported the midi file to NanoStudio for further editing....

• I'm Here Too!

• Nice @ funjunkie.

• Thks @ mgmg4871. I use DD more for midi file creation than anything these days and it's a blast for that.

• @FunJunkie27 - I totally agree and do the same thing!

• edited August 2013

Wow...the DD elite up in here! So cool to see you guys sharing presets already. Fantastic Get Real wave set Funjunkie. I'm working on a common share point for the dd community but anybody can do it with the files. Here's an example: http://technemedia.com/drummer/presets/. Thanks for helping me improve the product guys...more to come.

For now any presets you feel like sharing...email to [email protected]'ll add a column for 'created by' .

• Great to see @technemedia! I was hoping for a community for sharing presets. By the way, I forgot to mention with my earlier post, one of the tracks used one of my samples, and it worked great! The Get Real wave set was really fun to make, and using automation/morphing with it is amazing, although I'm not clear on the distinction between the two. Can you enlighten me?

I'll give some thought on what else might be helpful, and I love how responsive you've been with improving DD!

• Forgot to add that the Jungle Movie preset is really cool!

• Oh yeah...the lock function is great too!

• Here's a little explanation of morph: when morph is off, it "throws the dice" on all the waves at once: note, rest, tie, dynamics, panning but when it is on, it often leaves several wave types alone and for example only changes the tie wave. This has the effect of making the transitions less drastic and thus waves more gradually morph into each other. I'm planning to add 'return after n measures' so you can snap back to the starting wave and re-randomize, keeping a theme intact.

• The return to aspect would be great! Thanks for the explanation! I've always left morph on, and after your explanation,it sounds like that would be the best option for what I'm using DD for.

Another function I'd like to see is the ability to copy across all/some measures. That would certainly streamline the process for me.

• Flo200 aka Flo26 posted a very cool DD drum solo improv up on Soundcloud: He gets some really great syncopation out of the waves and really uses the dynamics wave to nail the groove.

• Nice @Flo26. Here's another prest with some custom sounds...

http://db.tt/OwbCZ18U

• Forgot to add on my last post that I locked all the tracks. Try unlocking some or all and enabling automation. I really liked the panning I got from this.

• If anyone who doesn't have DD and is curious, here's the Soundcloud link...

• i'm back as well. glad to hear dev has kept his promise to continually improving the product