Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Off-topic: Akai max 49?

edited August 2013 in General App Discussion

I am in the market for a controller keyboard for live use with my cover band and I could use some advice. Initially I was really drawn to the M-Audio Axiom Air 61 as I really like its look and layout. However, after a lousy time trying to get basic info from their customer service department, I grew skeptical.

I started looking at the Akai Max 49, but again I have doubts. I think it looks fantastic and the keys felt pretty good in the store, but I am not sure about those touch faders! I was looking for something with a bunch of knobs and faders to make live adjustments easy. Has anyone out there used this board? What do you think? Do those faders do the job to your satisfaction?

My fallback at this point is the Akai MPK 61. Aside from some questionable reviews of its drum pads, this board has received mostly positive reviews.

Any and all opinions are welcome. Are there any other boards in the $500 range that you think I should consider? I will mostly be using the board live with a pop/rock cover band, triggering samples and playing synth lines.

Thanks in advance!