Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Order Of App Launching

Auria is supposed to have a blue arrow on the menu selection in audiobus to allow selection of which audio signals are sent through audiobus. But when I launch audiobus first, try to add auria as an input, the blue arrow isn't showing.

However, if I launch audiobus first, then launch auria outside of audiobus, then add auria as an input the blue arrow appears and I can select the audio outputs to send through audiobus. I noticed the same thing with Loopy HD.

So what is the proper way to launch apps in audiobus? I always thought you were supposed to initiate everything in audiobus, but then why am I not receiving these blue arrow options this way?

Comments

• Technically yes launch inside AB but there are workarounds here and there. The main reason to open inside AB is because on iOS the first app to launch sets the buffer size and all apps launched after run on that buffer size. For AB to run consistently, and because so many different apps have so many different buffer sizes higher and lower, its recommended to launch AB first to avoid issues generally.

Also I read once the blue arrow comes up if you launch Auria or other dual slot apps in the output first then go to open in input and the blue arrow should be there but that's basically the same concept you mention.

• edited August 2013

Thanks. I get that starting audiobus first sets the audio buffer size, but as long as audiobus was started first then I can launch other audio apps outside of audiobus and then bring them in without affecting anything negatively correct?

Thing is, I only want auria as an input and short of doing what I described above, I don't know any other way to set the auria outputs that go through audiobus since once auria is engaged in the input slot, there is no way to access the blue arrow, or is there?

Honestly,I just discovered that the blue arrow was available. It is hard to find being the way things are implemented now. I don't understand why the blue arrow doesn't just show up automatically when you see the app name in the audiobus input/output menu (and the app isn't already lunched).

• Correct, as long as AB is opened first then buffer is set. You can do it the way you described or you can load Auria in output first then it automatically jumps back to AB (saving a few home clicks) where you can open Auria with blue arrow in input then eject the output. Only real differences is it'll auto jump back to AB and save some clicks....