Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any news on the next Audiobus Update ?

Anyone know of any info on the next update ? It's been nearly 5 months.....

Comments

• Prob after iOS 7 update to be quite honest...

• Also note, its not like most apps that can update every month or two, when they update there are hundreds of other apps that have to update also for the entire AB ecosystem to run correctly. It's much more involved than normal and so many apps rely on this one app that it has to keep updates minimal (but necessary) and stability at a high

• And a lot of apps update because they didn't get it right the first time. I'm not saying that there is no room for improvement in Audiobus, but they did do a heck of a job right from the start.

• JMSexton speaks the truth

• As does @mrnezumi. Sure, there are lots of interesting things audiobus could do but the most important thing it can do is not break! I got my 10 bucks worth out of it and if it continues to do what it does, I'll continue to be happy.

Putting something out now that doesn't directly address whatever is new in ios7 would just be kind of silly.

• I was hoping for an iOS 7 inside scoop but its early days yet i suppose for a launch day update to blow our socks off :)

• come to think of it, we may indeed see an audiobus update before ios7. How else will hundreds of devs test it against their ios7 beta builds?

• @syrupcore forgive me for my lack of knowledge but don't Devs give out beta code to other Devs
    Could'nt the Audiobus guys make their next update available to the other Devs before its released
    To the general public ? I'm just wondering because I have no Idea how the process works.
    +1 @JMSexton and @MrNezumi the good side of waiting a long time for Audiobus updates is there should be a lot of new features added and they should have been well tested !

• @Multitouch, that is exactly how the process works. Several devs will beta test any significant new AB releases before anything is released.

• I'm a little surprised by that. Not that there would be a fixed set of devs testing it out but that it wouldn't also be made available to all devs prior to iOS 7, considering the implications.

Then again, I have no idea how this voodoo actually works so I shouldn't be surprised at all. :) fun to watch and use though.

• Well, obviously at a certain point they will make it available to all devs before iOS7 is released, but I guess when is up to them! There will likely be multiple stages of testing....

• We're going to make an announcement soon. It's going to be good. :)

• @Seb we're..........Yabba Dabba Doo

• Excellent news!! Looking forward to the integration into all the supporting apps.

• Looks like Christmas is coming early this year merry Audiobus everyone !!!

• Palms got sweaty at that post Seb, haha...

• edited August 2013

Sounds intriguing @Sebastian, dare I ask how soon is 'soon' ?

:)

• Was going to ask myself. An announcment for an announcment is in itself pretty sarcastic nowadays :)