Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Odyssey IAPs - any good?

Has anyone bought either of the IAPs for the Korg Arp Odyssey?

Are they worth it? Do they give you any extra functionality besides a different skin and more presets? How long does the sale price last?

Comments

• I haven't bought them yet. But I'm wondering if the different revisions can be selected for Lexington in Gadget as well.

• @Rich303 said:
    I haven't bought them yet. But I'm wondering if the different revisions can be selected for Lexington in Gadget as well.

Yes they can. You can't save your own presets across from the standalone (yet, anyway).

• Yes. All 3 versions (skins, filters & presets) are available in Lexington after the IAP

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Yes. All 3 versions (skins, filters & presets) are available in Lexington after the IAP

So what's this about "filters"? The IAPs give you different filters to use that the main app doesn't have?

• edited November 2016

EDIT: Apparently the alternative filters are available without the IAP.

So just the skins and prestes for IAP.

Yep, the 2 IAPs in standalone give you access to 2 different filter types for the Rev (revision) 1 & Rev 2 models.

• Cool (also: dangit, looks like I'm out 10 mo bones).

• I really don't think the packs give you any extra filters. The 3 rev filters are already with the initial purchase.

• @RulesOfBlazon said:
    Cool (also: dangit, looks like I'm out 10 mo bones).

Based on my limited dabbling so far, I'd speculate you might end up quite pleased with just where that extra tenner went :smile:

• No programme change. Sounds great but very limited for live use at the moment.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Rich303 said:
    I haven't bought them yet. But I'm wondering if the different revisions can be selected for Lexington in Gadget as well.

Yes they can. You can't save your own presets across from the standalone (yet, anyway).

Thanks Johnny! Can I also load all 3 revisions simultaneously in Gadget? That would make it even more worth it to have that variety of filters at my disposal.

I've read about the limitations of the presets. I guess it wasn't implemented due to time constraints, as it's clear they needed to meet the November 1st deadline. So I have a good feeling it'll be added soon. Then it'll be on par like iM1 in that regard.

Some people aren't happy about the arp missing in Lexington. But Gadget's arp is pretty good. I bet they'll update the arp soon to have Odyssei's settings, and hopefully they add the latch as well.

• edited November 2016

@RulesOfBlazon If you can see the 3 filter types before purchasing IAPs then all that is added will be the skins and presets. As I mentioned I purchased the IAPs before viewing Lexington.

Still, well worth the IAP, very quickly becoming my fave iOS synth.

• @Rich303 said:

Can I also load all 3 revisions simultaneously in Gadget? That would make it even more worth it to have that variety of filters at my disposal.

Yep. Just checked.

• @eustressor said:

@RulesOfBlazon said:
    Cool (also: dangit, looks like I'm out 10 mo bones).

Based on my limited dabbling so far, I'd speculate you might end up quite pleased with just where that extra tenner went :smile:

First my kids' Halloween candy, now this. Picked a bad week to start developing impulse control...

• Doh! I didn't realize there was a filter type switch. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll still buy the IAPs for the skins since they're easier to see on a Mini 2. Thanks for the pic.

• I think the skins are somehow locked to the presets from the particular IAPs. Not sure about this though - haven't got them yet. Anyone ?

• Are the IAPs also on sale? Or will they remain $4.99?

• so how do the presets sound?

• edited November 2016

@kobamoto said:
    so how do the presets sound?

Like my teens...Model 15 always strikes me that way too.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Are the IAPs also on sale? Or will they remain $4.99?

if it is the same pricing strategy as with iM1, this is the regular price and they may go on sale in the next sale

• that's a good sign

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    I think the skins are somehow locked to the presets from the particular IAPs. Not sure about this though - haven't got them yet. Anyone ?

yes they are locked to a preset

• @nick said:

@DeVlaeminck said:
    I think the skins are somehow locked to the presets from the particular IAPs. Not sure about this though - haven't got them yet. Anyone ?

There are "init preset" in each bank and is possible to switch any filter;-)

• @Ivan_Dj said:

@nick said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

There are "init preset" in each bank and is possible to switch any filter;-)

yep, you can make your own patches based on any skin -- but can't change them after the fact

• Sheesh, guess I'm just a sucker for the app. Owned a rev3 back in the day & on first sight (sound?) had to have it. And the iap's - I never hesitated to think of all the questions/conditions some of you have, lol! I just love this app, & I don't even use Gadget - have it, just can't grok its workflow, sigh.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I really don't think the packs give you any extra filters. The 3 rev filters are already with the initial purchase.

Ah ok. I bought the IAPS right away believing they enabled the extra filters. I'll amend my post for future readers. Thanks.

• Any clear winner on the presets selection in the iap's? . Want to pick up one and am trying to limit my apple store addiction.

• @vpich said:
    Any clear winner on the presets selection in the iap's? . Want to pick up one and am trying to limit my apple store addiction.

the white one is overall more experimental and the black/golden better sounding in my opinion. they both have good sounds in them.

• how would you describe the sounds?