Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg iWavestation has landed! :)

edited November 2016 in General App Discussion

Just googled iWavestation and came across the podcast. Apparently the Wavestation will be available on iOS later in the year so it could be this month or next month as 2016 is nearly over anyway. The only snag is that there will be no gadget so far but just a stand alone app which I find a strange move. Anyway I am looking forward to this.

http://microkast.podbean.com/e/korg-microkast-004/

Comments

• Amazing!
    There's folks that will buy an iPad just to have that classic synth in it.

• Maybe it will be AUv3 instead :)
    Hoping the newly released Odyssey thing will get an AUv3 treatment too.

• Nice info. I do hope they will port it to Gadget... they did it with iM1.

• Someone else also sneaked this was coming but there is a disclaimer on this link site... UK’s No.1 Award Winning KORG Podcast! 100% Unofficial, all views are our own.

• Korg are killing it right now, both in iOS and hardware!

• @Trueyorky said:
    Someone else also sneaked this was coming but there is a disclaimer on this link site... UK’s No.1 Award Winning KORG Podcast! 100% Unofficial, all views are our own.

I was wondering about the reliability of the source.

• Well Ian Bradshaw is Category Manager at Korg UK so that checks out anyway.

• Madam was asking about my Christmas list....

• @excesseye said:
    Korg are killing it right now, both in iOS and hardware!

100%. They're putting Roland and Yamaha to shame, especially the latter.

• Well I like the Yamaha Reface CP I picked up cheap second hand at the weekend :smile:

• No Gadget? Meh

• @AudioGus said:
    No Gadget? Meh

I heard you saying this reclined on a couch and immediately afterwards asking Beaulah to peel you another grape :)

• edited November 2016

If it's not integrated to Gadget then I'll pass... But I'll be very sad ;-)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:
    No Gadget? Meh

I heard you saying this reclined on a couch and immediately afterwards asking Beaulah to peel you another grape :)

This one amuses me.

• This must be the deal that that guy saw at the thing.

• @db909 said:
    This must be the deal that that guy saw at the thing.

Hah! I know I've spent too much time on the forum when I know exactly what you mean.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Well I like the Yamaha Reface CP I picked up cheap second hand at the weekend :smile:

ORLY?

Que mas? Donde?

• @AudioGus said:

@db909 said:
    This must be the deal that that guy saw at the thing.

Hah! I know I've spent too much time on the forum when I know exactly what you mean.

Yup.

• @Samu said:
    Maybe it will be AUv3 instead :)

I fear that Korg gadget is Korg's own competing version of "AU", and we won't see it on iOS.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Samu said:
    Maybe it will be AUv3 instead :)

I fear that Korg gadget is Korg's own competing version of "AU", and we won't see it on iOS.

Yeah, it kinda makes sense.
    Gadget is more like 'Tabletop done right' :)

That's also one reasons why I don't buy the 'No Gadget iWavestation' idea so if or when iWavestation launches I almost certain it will include a 'Gadget' too.

Lack if IAA-Instrument support and no user preset-sharing with Gadget will hopefully be fixed in the next update.

Gadget can only get better, we're nearing the $200 mark with all supported apps and IAPs included :)

• I think korg could successfully become the Apple of the iOS music world.

• @Lacm1993 said:
    I think korg could successfully become the Apple of the iOS music world.

No, that could be Yamaha for making an iOS app that can only be unlocked with their own hardware.

• Gadget can only get better, we're nearing the $200 mark with all supported apps and IAPs included :)

That sounded a lot, so I totalled it up. To my surprise it's actually more. Assuming full price was paid for all the apps and IAPs (not likely, I know), the total is just short of £255 (about $313).

• @Beathoven said:

Gadget can only get better, we're nearing the $200 mark with all supported apps and IAPs included :)

That sounded a lot, so I totalled it up. To my surprise it's actually more. Assuming full price was paid for all the apps and IAPs (not likely, I know), the total is just short of £255 (about $313).

Eeeeeeeek. I wish you hadn't told me that.

• edited November 2016

@Rich303 said:

@Lacm1993 said:

No, that could be Yamaha for making an iOS app that can only be unlocked with their own hardware.

Well...yes but I said successfully and there are other differences, iOS it's a proprietary closed ecosystem but on the other hand there are over a billion iOS devices, so it doesn't matter. Same with korg and gadget, it's a proprietary closed DAW but it's so good that in mind it's a few updates away from successfully standalone without any other apps except the ones from korg,

Yamaha its not even trying to build an ecosystem of its apps. Yamaha it's the feature phone company of the iOS music world.

• @Lacm1993 said:

@Rich303 said:

@Lacm1993 said:

Well...yes but I said successfully and there are other differences, iOS it's a proprietary closed ecosystem but on the other hand there are over a billion iOS devices, so it doesn't matter. Same with korg and gadget, it's a proprietary closed DAW but it's so good that in mind it's a few updates away from successfully standalone without any other apps except the ones from korg,

Yamaha its not even trying to build an ecosystem of its apps. Yamaha it's the feature phone company of the iOS music world.

Don't forget that Yamaha own Steinberg....they are doing more on iOS music making than you perhaps realise.

• Seems like Yamaha's apps are designed to support their hardware and are generally free.

Then again they do own Cubasis too :smile:

• edited November 2016

@AndyPlankton said:

Don't forget that Yamaha own Steinberg....they are doing more on iOS music making than you perhaps realise.

I know that but I don't think Yamaha has much to do with anything in that regard. (I could be proven wrong)

• Well it'll be nice if Yamaha released a RS7000 Groovebox for IOS.