Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PiteaMini is on the bus!

Comments

• edited March 2014

• Great app, but the price tag is way too high.

• edited August 2013

Allow me to disagree. When you consider how much time I have put into this and how small the market for pipe organ apps is (considerably smaller than for piano apps, for example), the price is way too low and far from cost-covering. Why do you think is there no competition on iOS for this kind of app? My only hope is to make more revenue by reusing the framework and creating more apps with it.

But I am aware that people are not willing to give much money for a tablet app. So when making the prices I ask myself "What would I pay for this?" and take maybe 50% of that value. And mind: I am not a big spender.

In any case, you are welcome to use the free apps:

http://polaron.de/StrandOrgan/index.html

http://polaron.de/JeuxdorgMini/index.html

• I think the price is fair, given the limited market for it. I just can't afford it at the moment...

• Agreed. That sound is amazing. I don't need it but if I did, 31 bucks seems a no brainer. That said, seems like $29.99 would look better.

Didn't realize until now that you had also created Rooms. I love it! I'm presuming you took the reverb component out of one of these organ apps to create it? If so, good idea!

• Seen by sales psychology, 30.99$ is maybe unfavorable, but I do not want to make the prices currency-dependent just to let them look nice in all countries.

You are right, parts of Rooms! are a reuse of code and know-how. I am happy that you like it. Napo's convolution reverb will sooner or later find its way into Rooms!, too (but not for free).

• Ah yes, I often forget there's a great big world out there filled with different currencies. :)