Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Testing out Korg ODYSSEi synth today in Gadget using FugueMachine

5 instances of Lexington running in Gadget with a couple additional synths and drums on this hypnotic track:
https://soundcloud.com/policarpo-wood/lexington-in-fives

Comments

• Really great, particularly the sudden addition of the bass tones around 2:30. (Unnerving how it matches the illustration, too.)
    What's the workflow now? I wish there was an agreed-upon transcription system a la guitar tablature for iOS apps, which might tell us the signal flow.

• edited November 2016

Thanks for listening ExAsperis99...i wasn't sure what FugueMachine was going to give me...but once I found the right sounds in the ODYSSEi synths it all just came together and felt right. I think i'm really going to love this addition to my Gadget tools. Korg is doing great things on iOS these days!

As far as workflow:

. Fugue Machine for my sequences
    . 5 instances of ODYSSEi in Gadget with different Midi channel assignments
    . London for the minimal beat
    . Kiev for some noisy bits being driven by Fugue
    . Mounted in AUM and recorded
    . Mastered (well...bumped up anyway) in Final Touch

• OK now. Something more like that should be Korg's demo track. The one they put out there did nothing to sell me. This is more like it. Nice job.

• Well done, sounds like a hardware oddy to me

• That sounds great, much better than the demo.

Even better though, is that I now know you can assign separate channels of MIDI to Gadget via fugue. Awesome.

• Nice one! Great sounds

• Very nice sounding work there. Your explanation of your process has not gone unnoticed here either, thanks for that as well.

• This is great! How do you achieve the width across the stereo field? Is there any panning going on?

• Nice track.I love the organic meditative nature of it.

You inspired me to try I a similar technique. 4 Lexington tracks and a drum track. 3 powered by fugue machine. I have to say, I t's a nice sounding synth that is fun to tweak.

https://soundcloud.com/iamrobert/lexington-test-001

• @robertreynolds said:
    Nice track.I love the organic meditative nature of it.

You inspired me to try I a similar technique. 4 Lexington tracks and a drum track. 3 powered by fugue machine. I have to say, I t's a nice sounding synth that is fun to tweak.

Thanks for this- demonstrates the sound quality really well, something that the demo fails to do.

A bit like the Moog, hard to tell this is made on an iPad

• @robertreynolds @echoopera Great examples Gentlemen. I think that The Forum should become a Demo Agency for new apps....

• @echoopera said:
    Thanks for listening ExAsperis99...i wasn't sure what FugueMachine was going to give me...but once I found the right sounds in the ODYSSEi synths it all just came together and felt right. I think i'm really going to love this addition to my Gadget tools. Korg is doing great things on iOS these days!

As far as workflow:

. Fugue Machine for my sequences
    . London for the minimal beat
    . Kiev for some noisy bits being driven by Fugue
    . Mounted in AUM and recorded
    . Mastered (well...bumped up anyway) in Final Touch

• Interesting! How did you mount these in AUM? via Fugue or Gadget? Any possibility of a screenshot? ;)

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Interesting! How did you mount these in AUM? via Fugue or Gadget? Any possibility of a screenshot? ;)

• yes please.
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Interesting! How did you mount these in AUM? via Fugue or Gadget? Any possibility of a screenshot? ;)

• yes please.

I don't think you can split the sound coming out from Gadget, but you can assign separate MIDI channels going into Gadget (Settings > Midi Indput > Advanced, then bottom left selector in the channel strip), e.g. channel 1,2,3 and 4 for the first four tracks, and then output to channels 1,2,3 and 4 from Fugue via the Fugue Midi settings.

• I just loaded Gadget into AUM in order to record the session.

• @robertreynolds said:
    Nice track.I love the organic meditative nature of it.

Very cool Robert...thanks for sharing. I really love the growly bit in this piece. Nice work!

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@SpookyZoo said:

• yes please.

I don't think you can split the sound coming out from Gadget, but you can assign separate MIDI channels going into Gadget (Settings > Midi Indput > Advanced, then bottom left selector in the channel strip), e.g. channel 1,2,3 and 4 for the first four tracks, and then output to channels 1,2,3 and 4 from Fugue via the Fugue Midi settings.

cool, thanks! :)

• @echoopera said:

Did you double-up instruments on one of the channels?

P.S. Awesome. This is just what Fugue Machine is for. Have you Songs For Fugue Machine? Here:

• edited November 2016

Thanks @echoopera - that was nice...& a million times improved on korg's own demo effort which was meh to the nth degree.

• @wim said:
    OK now. Something more like that should be Korg's demo track. The one they put out there did nothing to sell me. This is more like it. Nice job.

What he said.