Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Korg Gadget: Lexington

"The legendary analog synthesiser, ARP ODYSSEY Gadget"

Plus other enhancements. Requires 9.3 or later.

Looking forward to hearing what you Gadgheads make of this one....

Comments

• Woo FN Hoo!

• Looks like it will be a standalone as well and Lexington is just the lite gadget version. Hopefully the standalone has some cool little sequencer thing or kaoss pad and is available on the phone.

• Another stripper name?

• Should say that it's telling me it's not yet available in the US store.....patience, patience....not that I'm just going to go running out like a small child of indeterminate gender wailing for cake. No.

• edited November 2016

Mmmh....there is already something that was more or less modelled after an arp synth:berlin

I definitely would have prefered an updated polysix with a P6 gadget and AU (one can dream).Nonetheless,not bad and i'll get this one sooner or later.

• IFX now accessible while programming the synths! We asked for that

• UNDO!!!!!!!!!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Looking forward to hearing what you Gadgheads make of this one....

• I would've liked a Polysix gadget, but at least give Polysix the AB state saving option! You'd think these larger developers would jolly well think of that instead of being stuck in the last decade.

Now that said, I like the sound of the Odyssey, so this is gonna be quite a fantastic addition to my Gadget collection! :)

• edited November 2016

I love it. The first synth my brother got for his new wave band in 1982 was a used Arp Axxe. Supposedly once owned by Carlos Santana's keyboard player.

Actually, it was the second. The first was a PAIA Gnome that my dad made.

• The in-Gadget demo song didn't do a thing for me. Won't stop me from buying it first chance I get, but meh on the demo.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Should say that it's telling me it's not yet available in the US store.....patience, patience....not that I'm just going to go running out like a small child of indeterminate gender wailing for cake. No.

How did you get that to show Johnny I've updated gadget but it's not even listed yet ?

• edited November 2016

@robertreynolds said:
    I need this.

>

I don't. Demo sounds ordinary. Not at all what I was hoping for. Will be saving my credits.

• @Nkersov said:

@robertreynolds said:
    I need this.

>

I don't. Demo sounds ordinary. Not at all what I was hoping for. Will be saving my credits.

>

I guess it's horses for courses, but I take my hat off to you, sir. As a "creator" of "music" on the iOS platform, I feel as excited as a kid at Christmas. For you to show not just restraint for this release but actual disappointment is admirable. I can't imagine what you were hoping for, but I hope Korg get round to developing it very soon.

• @Beathoven said:
    I guess it's horses for courses, but I take my hat off to you, sir. As a "creator" of "music" on the iOS platform, I feel as excited as a kid at Christmas. For you to show not just restraint for this release but actual disappointment is admirable. I can't imagine what you were hoping for, but I hope Korg get round to developing it very soon.

Exactly, each to our own. Not everyone is enthused by the same things. I feel sure that many folk, like yourself, will be very happy with this addition, and there is never any doubt as to its pedigree.

As for what I was hoping for - and I'm hardly alone in this - it was a lead guitar gadget, of the same quality as Madrid, or perhaps even Korg's version of a voice synth such as Exhale. Those, I would buy in an instant.

• edited November 2016

Good to hear that Korg have released excellent Arp Odyssey as an iOS app aswell as gadget. However, I am very disappointed that they haven't released the Wavestation yet as an iOS plugin and gadget and that they haven't even bothered making the existing iOS plugins like iPolySix and iMS20 as gadgets and still no AU support for iOS yet. A bit of an anti-climax I'm afraid as I was so looking forward to what they were going release.

• @Nkersov said:

@Beathoven said:

Exactly, each to our own. Not everyone is enthused by the same things. I feel sure that many folk, like yourself, will be very happy with this addition, and there is never any doubt as to its pedigree.

As for what I was hoping for - and I'm hardly alone in this - it was a lead guitar gadget, of the same quality as Madrid, or perhaps even Korg's version of a voice synth such as Exhale. Those, I would buy in an instant.

Exhale in Gadget form? I'd sign up for that—though very little sounds less likely to happen than that. Lead guitar gadget would also be nice. I've been getting "acceptable" results with the upper octaves of Madrid run through ample compression / distortion. Also Firenze through distortion has given some decent results in the "hey, that almost sounds like an electric guitar" department.

• Berlin with some pitch bend and vibrato can be very guitar-like IMO.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I love it. The first synth my brother got for his new wave band in 1982 was a used Arp Axxe. Supposedly once owned by Carlos Santana's keyboard player.

I had to make a choice between an MS20, and ARP when I joined my first synth band in the 80's. In the end the other guys were all using Korgs so I went with that one. Always lusted after the ARP's though, particularly the Quadra and 2600.

• I wonder how long until this hits , I have expected it to be available after midnight but still not in store this morning

• @Nkersov said:

@Beathoven said:

A lead guitar gadget would be an excellent addition. I would bet on Korg releasing such a gadget in the not too distant future. Madrid would certainly make more sense with one to accompany it.

Korg is a big corporation with large resources. Perhaps the team that developed Madrid is separate from the Odyssei/Lexington team and they're working on it right now.

• Always happy to have more Synth Gadgets and this one looks and sounds great to me. Many sliders to tweak, 6 effects and that silver skin :D

• Disappointed not an AU. That seems quite backward on new apps now. But almost certainly it's a decision to promote Gadget.

• @Carnbot said:
    Disappointed not an AU. That seems quite backward on new apps now. But almost certainly it's a decision to promote Gadget.

This is from the Korg website. It's a bit ambiguous though:

"ARP ODYSSEi is compatible with Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, and can also be used as a sound module for GarageBand".

What does it mean, exactly? Thankfully we'll find out very soon.