Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does a state-saving app in AudioBus save AU settings?

Like many here, I love firing up some AU's in AUM or Modstep when I'm sketching out ideas, but I've been avoiding incorporating AU's into my live set. This is mostly because AudioBus and the state-saving apps inside AB have never let me down in a live situation. I pull up an AB preset, and voila! Everything just works...

I'm tempted by apps like Poison-202 but I'm not sure how I'd make it work in my live setup. So, here's my question: if I have an app that supports state-saving in AB and it includes an AU preset, will it load the correct AU preset when I open the "host" app in AB?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

[Edit after more thought...]

AudioBus itself doesn't save the AU states. However, if the host app (AUM or ModStep) saves the state itself, then State Saving in AudioBus after saving the session in the hosted app should work (and has worked for my limited purposes in the past). Results may vary.

I guess what I'm saying is AudioBus state saving is single-level. So, if you have a host that doesn't properly save AU state for plugins on it's own, or doesn't properly implement AB state saving, it may not work. But if the host does work properly and is saved properly before state-saving, it should work.

Hope that's not too confusing (or inaccurate). I'm sure I'll get roundly corrected very soon if it is. B)

• yes, I think this is correct, for example AUM will save the state of its Posion 202 instances as part of its own state. So when you recall the AB preset, you'd have your Poison 202 instances as you left them in your AUM setup.