Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria 2.07

The update says check the forum for the details but I'm not seeing anything.

Anyone got the info?

Comments

• Bug fixes, fix for the FF Synths notes hanging (MIDI panic) and automation drawing for non-AUs.

• The stuck note bug was pretty annoying, delighted that one is fixed.

• First , it s boring to download 900 mo Every weeks when the HD is already full so Auria Pro should update Only when they have a lot of fixes And serious new optimization.
    Secondly, I donno What happen but it's worst than the previous version ,I can't open auria it crashes at the launch ...I had no problem with the previous version ...

• edited October 2016

@grego68 said:
    First , it s boring to download 900 mo Every weeks when the HD is already full so Auria Pro should update Only when they have a lot of fixes And serious new optimization.
    Secondly, I donno What happen but it's worst than the previous version ,I can't open auria it crashes at the launch ...I had no problem with the previous version ...

If you have the Tonebridge app installed it will prevent both Auria and Modstep from launching.

• @grego68 First,the best place to put any problems is the AuriaForum.Rim (the developer) is one of the most
    helpful guys!Second,if itˋs boring for you to download an update: just donˋt do it.

• edited October 2016

@richardyot thank you it was indeed this Tonebridge app , well done !
    @Schimanski Audiobus forum is one of da place to resolve and get the answers.Im sure the dev of Auria is helpful , I love Auria but 2 Big updates in two weeks are too much for my little hardrive.Nevermind ,Thank you guys it's ok now .

• @grego68 said:
    First , it s boring to download 900 mo Every weeks when the HD is already full so Auria Pro should update Only when they have a lot of fixes And serious new optimization.

lol,that's the first time i read a complaint about too many updates for an app,usually it's the other way round.Well,can't please everyone...

• @grego68 said:

I know it's hard if you have little storage space, but the app has not really grown in size with these updates. You just need some space while it alters the existing app.

I've found that if you really do get too close to the limit of your total storage space on any device, you will run into problems - not only updating apps, but the OS as well. Remember an OS often needs to duplicate information in its memory to use it, move it etc.

• I like updates , but for example patterning and other apps have almost everyday days updates and I must fight with my little iPad hard drive to download them ( delete, reinstall ,redownload ). Poor geek life indeed .I dunno how apple can sell Ipad with only 32 go storage , it doesn't make sense in 2016

• If a person is bored, they could hum or whistle a little tune and drum their fingers.

• @u0421793 good idea ,especially if Impaktor and Voxkit are opened ( end of digression :) )

• @grego68 said:
    I like updates , but for example patterning and other apps have almost everyday days updates and I must fight with my little iPad hard drive to download them ( delete, reinstall ,redownload ). Poor geek life indeed .I dunno how apple can sell Ipad with only 32 go storage , it doesn't make sense in 2016

It's even more baffling when you consider that we are in the consumption age. We consume product and services at a vast rate. Apple know this, they have based their whole iOS shop on it. Yet, they limit our ability to consume by storage.

Sony made the same mistake with the Vita. High priced storage cost the Vita dearly.

Look at games. It's become easy to so called nickle and dime people. People gain a thrill from purchasing. It does not matter what it is sometimes, it just matters that we purchase. That's why people buy lots of small shitty cheap apps. O it's only .99 I will buy it.....it stinks....no problem I will buy something else!

Yet companies have not learnt that people are also collectors. Look at many of us here. We almost collect apps. Yes, you may try to convince yourself that you need those 300 apps you have, but really you just want them - let's be honest!

I would have bought more apps. I would have bought more games for my Vita (I have hundreds, many unplayed to this day). I would buy more music. I would buy films. I would buy games for my iPad. But, not enough storage believe me, the profit from what many people would buy if they had the storage, far exceeds the extra loss in profit from making the storage options cheaper.

Don't believe me? Think these big companies must know? Well just look at the mistakes of the past and the mistakes these big companies still make. Yes, they make money and are successful for so long, yet the pattern is plain to see. Success, slightly less success, miss the boat and another company steels your limelight. I really do believe Apples short term greed and drip feeding tech (especially storage) will come back to bite them in the ass long term ;)

Rant over.

• @u0421793 said:
    If a person is bored, they could hum or whistle a little tune and drum their fingers.

It was a good idea , I tried with MIDImorphosis, thumbjam And I have a nice melody while whistling. Is midiguitar the best for that ? (Re end of digression it's an Auria update post ).

• At least Apple offers 256GB models now. They aren't cheap, but still much better than 128, which was the most storage available a year ago.
    http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-pro/9.7-inch-display-256gb-space-gray-wifi

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

I would have bought more apps. I would have bought more games for my Vita (I have hundreds, many unplayed to this day). I would buy more music. I would buy films. I would buy games for my iPad. But, not enough storage believe me, the profit from what many people would buy if they had the storage, far exceeds the extra loss in profit from making the storage options cheaper.

I think you're right. I don't have room for games, music, films and whatnot on my iPad as I'm even having to delete music apps to keep space free. iMPCPro went (again) this week, and iMaschine is looking vulnerable. Lack of space has a big effect on my app buying these days, as well as being a stingy bugger.

• edited October 2016

That's why I bough my Pro with 256 GB. Uncompressed audio is heavy and any project can go north of 1GB pretty fast.

• I wonder (I know it's not going to happen) how sales would be if Apple suddenly announced an iPad Pro, usual price, whatever that is these days, but 2TBs of drive space...

• iPads used to improve with similar base level prices per storage size. Now they are steadily rising in price.

Thing is the only model that makes sense for myself is the Air 2 128gb as it drops in price. Yes the Pro models have improvements, but nothing that makes much of a difference to how I use an iPad.

Improved Processor - yeah more power is great, but I use my iPad mainly as a sound source and rarely push my Air 2.

Better screen and pen - Cool, but I would rarely use it in reality.

On the other hand, another Air 2 gives me more drive space and more screen space to physically alter two apps at once.

Yes, an Air 2 may struggle with some apps years later, but For now two iPads makes more sense than when funds are tight. Even better would be a bargain hardly used second hand Air 2 128gb.

Now the above is just personal perspective, but if prices continue to rise, I can see more people taking this approach to run multiple apps.

• The fact is, the iPad finally reached what was achieved ten years ago by PCs, which is enough computing power to handle about any task. If it had a proper OS, it could do anything, say, a 2010 MacBook Pro did (and do: many of these machines still run just fine). So the bottleneck is, of course, iOS.

My point being: buying an iPad Pro now makes sense because the hardware finally delivered. But it's a bet nonetheless, because Apple keep on packing it with the same mobile system that powers the iPhones/"non-Pro" iPads, and it may never change, or even worse, when it does, the current-gen Pro may not make the cut because of Apple's planned obsolescence business model getting in the way.