Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Producer's Manual

I had this in my App Store wish list for a couple of years before buying it:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-producers-manual/id722309946

Anyway I did finally buy it and am about half way through. It's very good, and the videos included with the app version of the book really bring it to life. I've read a fair few recording and mixing books, and while most of them do their best to explain things clearly, the fact that this one comes with video examples makes all the difference. For example reading about parallel compression or parallel distortion is one thing, but actually being able to hear examples of what they do to the mix while you read makes it all a lot easier to understand. And the explanations are also among the best I've read, so for anyone who struggles understanding all the technical stuff in a mix I really recommend this app.

Comments

• Thanks for introducing this app and the review. Didn't know it was even out there but I am definitely going to put it on my wish list.

• Interesting. Ive been dabbling with the idea of buying some more theory stuff, Hooktheory being my favourite atm. The same publisher of the producer's manual also has a house music production app that I might consider. Its free but iap for everything is 15 quid. Im pondering this one ......
    Secrets of House Music Production by Sample Magic by Sample Magic
    https://appsto.re/gb/9b6-A.i

• I'm so happy you reviewed this. I did not know about it and purchased immediately!

• Good value, given the book is £30

What's Inside

• Looks great, I ended up buying it. Thanks for the recommendation.

• @Richtowns said:
    Interesting. Ive been dabbling with the idea of buying some more theory stuff, Hooktheory being my favourite atm.

Hook theory is also really good, I read that one a couple of years ago and it's a great introduction to what makes a song flow.