Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SFTP Server & Transmit app (file Sharing OsX<->iOS

I'm relocating my studio this week. As part of that I'm switching over to a wired ethernet work for the studio and rest of the house. I decided to move as much processing, storage & file transfer onto the network as I could.

Anyhoo, looking for a way around iOS file transfer limitations I came across the Transmit app. I've just been setting it up this morning and it works great. You set up an SFTP Server on the Mac (which takes about 45 seconds), install the app, connect to the SFTP Server, and voila... total access.

You can even run the app within Audioshare - which the pic here shows (opening good location): Took me approximately 9 minutes to transfer a 5gb file from the Mac to the iPad.

Comments

• Sounds like an interesting setup!

• Thanks for the mind vitamins. I bought this when it first came out, but haven't used it much. As an owner of the desktop version, I have only thought of it as an emergency site dev tool when away from the office. Must try harder— it's a very powerful thing.

First thing I'm going to try is moving my samples collection from my depleted DB account to my personal servers. There's a lot of space up there I'm already paying for that's sitting unused.

• Nerd cool. I should really do the same with regard to Dropbox. I already pay for hosting with more space the I'll ever be able to use.

• The most interesting feature for me is

Open anywhere. Apps that support iOS document pickers can open files right off your servers, and even save them back.

Would be interested to know which apps you use/come across that actually implement that. There seem to be very few still.

• edited October 2016

I like the split screen drag and drop of files. There's a bunch of crazy stuff you can do, supports Find/Replace type searches, even RegExes. It's also nice to use Ableton Export directly to the Ableton directory you want, same goes for anything else. You can also create new folders on client/server side - which enables some new storage possibilities.

If you use Dropbox or some other cloud service, just set the associated folders as a Favorite w/in Transmit and you get a central/dynamic file directory between all your cloud drives/devices.

I"m going to keep using it for now. They have another app called Coda - that I'd like to try out as well. Here's a picture of the desktop file browser from the iOS app:

• Here's an example:
    1. on iOS open Transmit
    2. in the Transmit File Browser Select a Wav file you want to import (mine was on Mac Desktop)
    3. select Send To in Transmit (pics show options)

• edited October 2016

@syrupcore said:
    The most interesting feature for me is

Open anywhere. Apps that support iOS document pickers can open files right off your servers, and even save them back.

Would be interested to know which apps you use/come across that actually implement that. There seem to be very few still.

Anything that can Export via the Document picker can access the Transmit file server. So Blocs, Patterning, Moebius etc etc.