Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fluxpad on sale

Comments

• Looks like a fair price, but this rather lengthy thread doesn't inspire confidence. Anyone willing to go to bat for fluXpad?

Here's a non-Great Britain link to buy: http://audiob.us/get/1145/FluxPad

• Hmmm, not sure I actually tried it again after the sept30 'bug fixes' update, but yes it was super crashy at one time. I will certainly give it another go today.

• Sweet! Twenty minutes in, recording into Blocs, no crashing, no problems. It really is a 'new deal' in terms of crazy sound potential on iOS. I can't wait to pile in my own samples. :)

• sigh. It has audioshare import.... :kissing_heart:

• edited October 2016

Only bitch/gripe is that the sync (even with Link) gets thrown off... (This is the fluxpad metronome recorded into blocs)

• I love this app because it offers a new paradigm. It's been stable for me for a while. Only complaint is drawing near the"fold" is dicey, but that's small potatoes.

• Haven't found it to be so productive as yet, the onboard sounds are a touch harsh / glitch oriented for me...but that said I haven't invested the time & effort of importing my own samples.

• @telecharge said:
    Looks like a fair price, but this rather lengthy thread doesn't inspire confidence. Anyone willing to go to bat for fluXpad?

I had a bit of fun with it when I first bought it, but haven't used it much (or at all) since. It's a nice app, but not an essential purchase IMO. You'd get your money's worth though, and certainly have a happy few hours with it.

• edited October 2016

Bought it directly at introduction. Played with it for a few days, after that I never touched it again. Certainly a fun app and rather something in the tradition of sound toys. Alhough thought the intro price was on spot and fair (it has amongst others Ableton LINK) I now look at it as too expensive. Probably not the meant target audience but I could see this as a hit for very young girls and boys if it had a $0.99 or $1.99 pricetag.

• Thanks for all the feedback, lads. I'm gonna take a pass for now and see how this one evolves. I hope the dev(s) have an eye on this forum.

• I think the questions I'd have for them would be 1) Do you consider it fully formed as is and 2) How have sales been going? 2) would probably answer anything I might be thinking about what they're thinking about....

• I bought it Friday and while I think the concept of bending samples is appealing, I have yet to come up with anything that sounds remotely musical to me. In fact, all the demo tracks sound warped and basically the results of just messing around. If that's your thing, this is great. For me, I think the option to freely warp samples is a nice option but makes it very hard to build an entire track without it sounding very messy. Maybe I need more practice, or maybe it could work as a single track in a larger composition...? Not as useful as I'd hoped up front.

• edited October 2016

wrong post

• @oddSTAR said:
    I bought it Friday and while I think the concept of bending samples is appealing, I have yet to come up with anything that sounds remotely musical to me. In fact, all the demo tracks sound warped and basically the results of just messing around. If that's your thing, this is great. For me, I think the option to freely warp samples is a nice option but makes it very hard to build an entire track without it sounding very messy. Maybe I need more practice, or maybe it could work as a single track in a larger composition...? Not as useful as I'd hoped up front.

I use this as spice rather than as a main ingredient.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@oddSTAR said:
    I bought it Friday and while I think the concept of bending samples is appealing, I have yet to come up with anything that sounds remotely musical to me. In fact, all the demo tracks sound warped and basically the results of just messing around. If that's your thing, this is great. For me, I think the option to freely warp samples is a nice option but makes it very hard to build an entire track without it sounding very messy. Maybe I need more practice, or maybe it could work as a single track in a larger composition...? Not as useful as I'd hoped up front.

I use this as spice rather than as a main ingredient.

Totally.

I must say now that Elastic Drums has samples I am not seeing too much place for Flux in my process but I will drop in a few more times with samples in hand and see, especially once Flux syncs up better. This is actually the first Link app I have used where Link sync is off by so much.

• @AudioGus yup, the ED sampler will likely impact how I work too. Good call.

• One thing that makes this app a little tricky is the emphasis on pitch bending. Little bit of pitchbend goes a long way IMO

• what's the best video you guys know of that shows what this app is capable of, doesn't have to be a demo could be someone playing a song of theirs but just something good?

• edited October 2016

@kobamoto said:
    what's the best video you guys know of that shows what this app is capable of, doesn't have to be a demo could be someone playing a song of theirs but just something good?

If you're talking about ED, I'm not sure this is even possible. It is so tweakable, thanks to all those friggin' automate-able knobs, that the only way I was able to grok it all was to just play each preset, solo tracks, and hunt around for clues as to what's doing what. Hands on.

As for Fluxpad, the Mouse on Mars guys are best at making it sound good, although I've had no such luck. The Mr. Maloke vid is pretty funky, too.

• yeah I was talking about fluxpad, tough to pull the trigger on this one

• @kobamoto said:
    yeah I was talking about fluxpad, tough to pull the trigger on this one

I only found that once i started feeding fluxpad sounds i really liked that my results improved. Those same sounds though fed just as easily into the new ED update and go a lot further there for me. I guess part of it is i dont need nonquantized notation which is all i can see fluxpad having the advantage with.. Hmm and maybe scales if that is your thing. ED is king with the fx though.

• are the export options quick and easy, open in both ways, maybe I should get it for mangling

• @kobamoto said:
    are the export options quick and easy, open in both ways, maybe I should get it for mangling

Fluxpad? Hmmm, not sure about fluxpad export options. I was just recording into blocs.

• Definitely a nice toy to have around. I haven't used it for a while but I will again. I found it most useful in quickly adding rhythmic accompaniment parts to other tracks. Look forward to how it develops. Whether I'll use it a lot I'm not sure yet.