Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zoom R8 As iPad Control Surface for Cubasis and GarageBand

Does anyone know if the Zoom R8 works as a controller for the iPad, specifically GarageBand and Cubasis and others? Maybe even AUM?

I believe it works for Auria,

Comments

• I tried it a couple years ago and never got it working...but a lot has changed in the iOS world since then

• I'll try to hook up and give it a go. Love my Zoom R8.

• @Trueyorky said:
    I'll try to hook up and give it a go. Love my Zoom R8.

That would be rad. I'm planning on picking one up tomorrow -- maybe.

• @mistercharlie it's a really versatile bit of kit and probably under-rated by many folks. It does so much and has such a logical workflow.

• These have issues with clock drift that make it a pain to use in the long run:
    http://zoomforum.us/viewtopic.php?t=17190

• No problems here - that's a different model.

• @Trueyorky said:
    @mistercharlie it's a really versatile bit of kit and probably under-rated by many folks. It does so much and has such a logical workflow.

Why do you prefer it over the iPad for recording? For me it seems like it would be easier to just get down to recording, instead of futzing with a million options. Kind of the reasons I prefer a plain old guitar amp over BIAS FX for most things.

• Any luck with the R8 and ipad? I am close to buying a Pro 12.9 and have the R8 already...I had been wondering if it would work

• It works with AUM, but not GB or Cubasis. That's down to Cubasis and GB though--they don't seem to be controllable with any hardware surface. If you use Auria, you should be good though. (I bought an R8 yesterday, so I tested it out).

• Thanks for the info

peace

• Here's a possible tip for R8 users. Mine wouldn't power on if hooked up to an iPad using just the new USB 3 CCK, and connected to power using a 12-watt iPad charger.

It would start up fine connected the the USB port of my Mac, or to the iPad via a regular powered USB hub. I concluded it was drawing too much power to even boot.

On a hunch, I switched the R8's Phantom Power option from 48v to 24v. Now it starts up using the CCK just fine, meaning it can work with my iPad. I also swapped the batteries at the same time, but that shouldn't make any difference.

It seems odd, but it also worked. Also odd is that I don't use Phantom Power, and it wasn't switched on. Still, maybe this helps someone.