Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning Update!!!

http://www.olympianoiseco.com/blog/patterning-now-with-ableton-live-set-export/

we are getting there, wonderful update after wonderful update. If we can get the capability to set probability for all the parameters just like it has now but for the rest of the params like (i forget who made this request not long ago) it's going to blow the lid off of this app... and also I'd like a tad bit better sample editing and some fx to modulate the individual tracks as well as something to modulate the master.

Comments

• the demo video for the update is not available yet but I guess it will be here when it is.

• well looky what I found elsewhere

• Thank You Ben

• edited October 2016

One thing I don't understand in that video.

THE FUCKING ASCOT.

That's the thing I don't understand. At all.

EDIT: I also realize that I've been using TriqTraq wrong.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

THE FUCKING ASCOT._

Its might be taken as daring

• Ah sorry about the video link... it's fixed now.

• @gkillmaster said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

THE FUCKING ASCOT._

Its might be taken as daring

No doubt.

• Nice features and inspiring video. Thanks for sharing.

• Getting an iPhone version anytime soon?

• Nice. Was hoping for a loop roll addition or live sample record but maybe these will be added later.
    Great job @benkamen

• Awesome , two days after i buy it and am blown away there is an update. I read that there is a consolidated update, so even without going through ableton you can export all loops at once? Master or individual tracks?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

THE FUCKING ASCOT.

That's the thing I don't understand. At all.

EDIT: I also realize that I've been using TriqTraq wrong.

Haha, second that moment of wrong TriqTraq use.

btw good thing that Ascot. Always hipsters in an urban setting in this kind of videos makes them boring. A posh girl would also do next time ;)

• edited October 2016

Patterning's last update was amazing but had some nasty Audiobus and Audiobus remote related bugs. I believe that these were designated to be fixed in this update, which is also a big deal!

Amazing app, one of the apps that features on absolutely everything I do on ios.

• Oh man, it's a shame I always use patterning to sequence other drum apps! I might have to reconsider that now! Does patterning have sample loop chopping yet?

• Flew from ATX to NY and patterned all the way, Excellent stuff.

• I want to love Patterning, but it crashed on me several times while doing basic things like tapping the song mode or repeat button, causing me to lose my project. I started saving annoyingly often, but it seemed to still lose some of my changes when crashing. And as is the trend with buggy apps these days, there is no forum on their website.

Is nobody else experiencing this? I have an iPad 4 with iOS 10.0.2

• Unable to control this app from a DAW via IAA or Virtual Midi. It seems it does not receive midi notes. DM1 does and I could really use this feature in Patterning too.

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

Patterning doesn't have MIDI in for notes. Only for automation. It's main focus is as a drum sequencer more than a drum module.

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

@wbajzek said:
    I want to love Patterning, but it crashed on me several times while doing basic things like tapping the song mode or repeat button, causing me to lose my project. I started saving annoyingly often, but it seemed to still lose some of my changes when crashing. And as is the trend with buggy apps these days, there is no forum on their website.

I've never had even one glitch in hundreds of hours using it. It's one of the most stable apps I've ever experienced. iPad Air 2 tho.

Have you noticed it happening on several kits? Or is there maybe one kit that gives more trouble? I can see how a corrupted sample might blow things up. Just a guess.

• @wim said:

@wbajzek said:
    I want to love Patterning, but it crashed on me several times while doing basic things like tapping the song mode or repeat button, causing me to lose my project. I started saving annoyingly often, but it seemed to still lose some of my changes when crashing. And as is the trend with buggy apps these days, there is no forum on their website.

I've never had even one glitch in hundreds of hours using it. It's one of the most stable apps I've ever experienced. iPad Air 2 tho.

Have you noticed it happening on several kits? Or is there maybe one kit that gives more trouble? I can see how a corrupted sample might blow things up. Just a guess.

My install was crashing too. But, I tracked it down to my user imported samples. I didn't have that many so I just deleted all of them I'd imported in. Then relaunched. No more crashes. I even imported a few of the same samples back in, and still no crashes.

Looks like the last update might've corrupted my user samples. Once I deleted them, restarted, then reimported them, seems to have solved the problem for me.

• edited October 2016

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@wbajzek said:

My install was crashing too. But, I tracked it down to my user imported samples. I didn't have that many so I just deleted all of them I'd imported in. Then relaunched. No more crashes. I even imported a few of the same samples back in, and still no crashes.

Looks like the last update might've corrupted my user samples. Once I deleted them, restarted, then reimported them, seems to have solved the problem for me.

Hey @skiphunt that's wild. Can you do me a favor and send me the crash log? There's something going on that I have been trying to track down for months, and I wonder if this is related to it. If you are down, send me an email support @ olympianoiseco dot com and I'll tell you how to send the crash log.

@wbajzek also, if you are so inclined, I'd love to check out your crash log and see if it's the same issue.

• I'd soooo love to see this on the iPhone.

• Maybe I'm missing it but how do you sample a sound without losing the original sample in the pattern then having to find the original sound you had?

• I would like to use Patterning in Cubasis but is not with the IAA instruments and doesn't even sync the Cubasis clock. Any idea?

• @Ivan_Dj said:
    I would like to use Patterning in Cubasis but is not with the IAA instruments and doesn't even sync the Cubasis clock. Any idea?

Add it to an audio-track in Cubasis. Patterning works well as an IAA-Generator.

• @benkamen said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@wbajzek said:

Hey @skiphunt that's wild. Can you do me a favor and send me the crash log? There's something going on that I have been trying to track down for months, and I wonder if this is related to it. If you are down, send me an email support @ olympianoiseco dot com and I'll tell you how to send the crash log.

@wbajzek also, if you are so inclined, I'd love to check out your crash log and see if it's the same issue.

Oh, excellent. I didn't realize there would be a crash log. I will send it to you today.

I don't think it's a problem with a sample, because I was using factory samples. I did switch out some drums from the kit with others in the library.

Thanks for the response. Patterning is one of the few iPad apps that feels natural to use, so I would love to be able to use it with confidence. I know my iPad is getting old but it hasn't been a problem with other apps.

• @Samu said:

@Ivan_Dj said:
    I would like to use Patterning in Cubasis but is not with the IAA instruments and doesn't even sync the Cubasis clock. Any idea?

Add it to an audio-track in Cubasis. Patterning works well as an IAA-Generator.

Thank you Samu. I did it but it doesn't sync:-(

• @benkamen I can't find any crash logs :( They should appear in "File Sharing" in iTunes, right? Do I have to do something to turn diagnostic reporting on?

• All I want is to be able to
    1. Sort my samples into folders
    2. Fully clone settings/samples/songs between iPads (right now the songs do not transfer)

That's all the magic I need.

• Anyone having any issues with sample import and related actions?