Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave for iOS v9 // Now Export seamlessly to Ableton Live

Hey All,

We've been working closely with the wonderful chaps at Ableton recently. We're pleased to announce that the result, is a new seamless exporting from starting ideas in Blocs Wave for iOS, to finishing them in Ableton Live.

Start your tune in Blocs Wave, recording and tweaking sounds wherever you are. Then when you're ready, export to Ableton Live. The enhanced integration names your pads, converts them to clips, sets the tempo, clip size, keeps the colour, and arranges the sounds neatly onto the powerful Ableton Live Session grid.

If you're an existing Blocs Wave user, this is all a free update. If you'd like to try Blocs Wave, then we're running and over 50% off for a limited period of time.

Happy music music making!

//The Blocs Team.
Learn more here: http://blocs.cc/blocswave
Get Blocs Wave here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blocs-wave-make-record-music/id1085697317?ls=1&mt=8

Shiny video:

Comments

• Guess that's quite nice.

But I would rather have had an easy export to the launchpad app.....

• These guys are amazing. I would assume export to launchpad won't be far behind.

• I would guess that there are far more Ableton live users than Launchpad app users, probably even more Blocs users than Launchpad app users, and most of those Launchpad app users (myself included) are already blocs users,
    This release is perfect for attracting those Live users to blocs wave :)

More users = More money for new features....

Here's hoping that LP export is not far behind though :)

• edited October 2016

I was just thinking how this is going to maybe bring a lot of laptop-only musicians onto the iPad. And I just saw the Patterning has an update today: it now has Ableton Love export. Woah.

• edited October 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I was just thinking how this is going to maybe bring a lot of laptop-only decisions on to the iPad. And I just saw the Patterning has an update today: it now has Ableton Live export. Woah.

Gadget has had Ableton Live export for a while now too.

I think this can only be a good thing, and the more apps that integrate easily with desktop apps like Ableton Live the better....even though i do not use a laptop in my music making as I am purely iOS and hardware based.
    It will help to grow the iOS music tool user base, which in turn will fuel the growth of the tools and apps that we have all be crying out for. Which will also help to recruit new desktop users from those 'new to music making through iOS' users.

Ableton making and releasing Link for free is now starting to make absolute sense.

• Blocs, Patterning, Triq-Traq all updated today with the Ableton option.....nice piece of business.

• Good stuff, very useful. Hope Modstep gets Ableton export too.

• As has been mused about here previously, the size of the iOS-only music creation community is surely quite small (but proud). These app devs surely do market sizing homework and the recent spate of ableton export options should indicate the results of that research.

• Hi and thx for the good work and all your free updates.

Is Ableton Live Export the only new option in BW v9 ? Or did you also implement the "non snapping" loop start header so that we can resynch precisely loops withing BW (this was mentionned by your team on the BW v8 thread as being potentially implemented for next update) ?
    I hope so (else, I won't see any change on my side as I do not own a MAC nor Ableton Live lol).

• Super cool.
    More apps with ableton export the better.
    Can't wait to get home and export all my patterning tracks to ableton.
    Patterning my goto drum machine always.
    Will now reinstall blocs......Good work guys !!

• Thank you for the update, it hasn't reached the states yet but I have a question, does blocs wave now allow you to import audio from your iTunes music library, also allowing you to first audition the audio you want to import before import in this update?

• This app just never ceases to amaze! Awesome work Guys!

• now we just want an app that can import Ableton Live projects....Ableton lite for IOS maybe

• I wonder if it copies the original sounds and then assigns the time stretching and pitchshifting in Ableton to match or if it still just track bounces out using the Blocs algorithms.

• +1 hansson.
    AblEton import to ios apps please
    Or our we setting the bar to high.
    Are we ever gonna be satisfied.......

• i would be happy with an ableton clip view that could handle midi like modstep and audio like blocs.. maybe audio clips in modstep, who knows. when i moved over to fully mobile i let go of my computer completly, and someting like that would make me complete

• Loopy MasterPiece might fill the spot who knows

• @Hansson said:
    Loopy MasterPiece might fill the spot who knows

Your words to God's (@Michael) ears.

• I'm with the export to launchpad supporters..... after all they are related.... they even share the same pad :o

• copy of my luddite moaning from previous Blocs thread :p

Great App, but still no MIDI clock sync from a company with such a MIDI hardware heritage is bewildering to me.
    The curse of Ableton Link?
    (I know 3rd party Apps can be used as a workaround but I find that a PITA to set up each time and still no start/stop with PC DAW)

• I guess I need to save my money for a full version of Ableton.

• @gmslayton said:
    I guess I need to save my money for a full version of Ableton.

It is a nice feature and all but it is still super eay to export to any daw. Although i am still curious if they are exporting the source audio and setting timestretch amd pitchshift in ableton. As it is though importing a Blocs session into Samplitude on PC literaly takes me a minute or less.

• @gmslayton said:
    I guess I need to save my money for a full version of Ableton.

Definitely install the free version, If you want to upgrade, You'll get the full version or suite at a reduced rate, once you have the free lite version is authorised

• @iamspoon said:
    copy of my luddite moaning from previous Blocs thread :p

Great App, but still no MIDI clock sync from a company with such a MIDI hardware heritage is bewildering to me.
    (I know 3rd party Apps can be used as a workaround but I find that a PITA to set up each time and still no start/stop with PC DAW)

'Link to Midi' isnt a PIA to use at all. Not sure how complex you want your setup though.

• Also, they usually have a big sale in Dec-Jan so I'd wait

• @AudioGus said:

@iamspoon said:
    copy of my luddite moaning from previous Blocs thread :p

'Link to Midi' isnt a PIA to use at all. Not sure how complex you want your setup though.

If you use the Launchpad app and have the MIDI Sync Out IAP it is even easier, just enable both Link and MIDI Sync output and press the play button :)

• @kobamoto said:
    Thank you for the update, it hasn't reached the states yet but I have a question, does blocs wave now allow you to import audio from your iTunes music library, also allowing you to first audition the audio you want to import before import in this update?

Hey Kobamoto, out of interest, once imported from itunes, what would be your next steps with the audio? I presume you'd want a bunch of cool stuff like, beat detection, warping, move start marker off the grid, etc. Any ideas of the next steps would be much appreciated.

• @blocsxnovation said:

@kobamoto said:
    Thank you for the update, it hasn't reached the states yet but I have a question, does blocs wave now allow you to import audio from your iTunes music library, also allowing you to first audition the audio you want to import before import in this update?

Hey Kobamoto, out of interest, once imported from itunes, what would be your next steps with the audio? I presume you'd want a bunch of cool stuff like, beat detection, warping, move start marker off the grid, etc. Any ideas of the next steps would be much appreciated.

_exactly _, beat detection, warping, start marker off the grid, destructive sample truncation if that's not already there.
    I'm not sure if you've ever used the app called Strom but it's import method doesn't allow you to import a whole track from your iTunes library, only I think about 20 secs but the important part is the way it does it, you click on the itunes library icon, then the app presents you with a loop bracket, then you can scroll across your track with the loop bracket and crop the part that you want to import into the app....... I would love for blocs to do it like that, that way you wouldn't have to import a whole track unless you wanted to and just import the part you auditioned and wanted.