Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amp One is like Jimmy Johns Subs.......

I have been using Bias FX almost exclusively since it came out. I do dabble in ToneStack and THM, and JamUP and so on. But, I love all the sounds in Bias, and all the toys.... ie Bells and whistles.

I pulled out Amp One tonight, and I had forgot how damn good this thing sounds. I mean really good. Very real and authentic sounding to my metal concert war torn ears.

All the controls are on one page, and it's pretty simple to figure out and dial a tone in on the several different amp choices.

Jimmy Johns, it's a Sub sandwich place for those that don't know. So, I like Subway, it's got a heck of a lot of choices. Any sub you can imagine, even the steak and egg breakfast sub is awesome! But.........Jimmy Johns is even better. I love their Subs!

The bread, the quality of meat, the way the mayo taste, tomato.........lettuce............Cheese......That's about it though. It was soo good today when I ate lunch. I could-a used some Olives, Peppers, Pickles, and chedder cheese, but.....it was still perfect with out.

Amp One is that good, but, a bit limited, as far as choices go, well compared to Bias FX, Ampkit, ToneStack, Amplitude(and it's many relatives). It's got reverb, Chorus, Delay, Tone Stack, and a few other things on the left side of the screen that I don't really understand a whole lot. But, it doesn't have trem, auto wah, a slew of different distortion/fuzz/Drive pedals, PolyOctaver, Acoustic Sim and so on.

Anyway, it hasn't been updated since Feb 13, 2015m and I think that was only updated once. $9.99 is money well spent on this one, I think...... It works well just playin on ios 10, I haven't tried it with IAA or AB yet. It worked well before 10. I am loving playing this app again, what say you!

Sorry for the comparison to JJ's. Lot's of dribble to wade through. After A glass of wine, I guess that's what ya get. lol

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amp-one-guitar-amps-effects/id936560060?mt=8

Comments

• I now want to go to Jimmy John's.....but there aren't any here in the UK I don't think :|

• Ditto. Missing Jimmy Johns from the states, there's none here in central europe. Tons of subway though :)

• I've wondered why Amp One doesn't get more attention. Nice little sim with good tones and easy interface. I've also wondered why none of the sims apps don't add a send/receive loop that could be used in AB, AUM, or the DAWs, then you could really emulate a physical rig.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    I've wondered why Amp One doesn't get more attention. Nice little sim with good tones and easy interface. I've also wondered why none of the sims apps don't add a send/receive loop that could be used in AB, AUM, or the DAWs, then you could really emulate a physical rig.

Fair points. I've posted/reviewed it here before, but I was hardly the ideal person to do so. At the time I bought it, I had an iPad2, and about half of the models didn't work well or at all due to insufficient processing power. It's been awhile, but I also recall there was like an option for multiple layers of modeling that made for more complex sounds, and of course I had to turn that way down, as well. Now that I've upgraded my iPad, I should give it another go, but haven't yet.

I recall that it had a very different approach and feel to modeling. They were really going for making the dynamic feel of a tube amp through programming. It was convincing for both clean and heavily distorted tones.

But the interface wasn't nearly as pleasant as the Yonac or Positive Grid stuff, and it didn't have the handfuls of effects pedal options and name-brand clones of real hardware, so it lacks a lot of that sex appeal. I thought that included reverb sounded terrific. It was certainly worth the look for 10 dollars.

I don't know that I would bother with a whole effects loop setup, but Yonac added an IAA dummy pedal to ToneStack in one of their updates, and I thought that was brilliant. IIRC, it even had like a blend knob so you could layer in an FX app like Smashit (bitcrusher). I have bins full of real-life pedals (a bit of a hobby/obsession), but integrating FX apps into a guitar modeler offered something unique from what you would find in most pedal collections. I'm just a huge hater of any kind of latency or audio glitching for guitar playing, so I steered away from those apps, even though my present hardware could probably handle it with no problem.

• Did not know about that in Tonestack @StormJH1. Thanks for that tip! Curious on how the latency would be.

• Now I'm hungry.

• Am I allowed to pick ToneStack's own sub shop metaphor? I'm thinking Jersey Mike's...

• edited October 2016

@AndyPlankton said:
    I now want to go to Jimmy John's.....but there aren't any here in the UK I don't think :|

@Tarekith said:
    Ditto. Missing Jimmy Johns from the states, there's none here in central europe. Tons of subway though :)

I feel for you guys. lol. It is quite the Sub makin place. :)

@funjunkie27 said:
    I've wondered why Amp One doesn't get more attention. Nice little sim with good tones and easy interface. I've also wondered why none of the sims apps don't add a send/receive loop that could be used in AB, AUM, or the DAWs, then you could really emulate a physical rig.

I've wondered as well, especially after last nights jam session.

@StormJH1 "I should give it another go, but haven't yet."

definitely should, let me know how it sounds to you when you do.

@Jessie said:
    Am I allowed to pick ToneStack's own sub shop metaphor? I'm thinking Jersey Mike's...

Absolutely! :) While ToneStack isn't as useful to me as Bias FX, I do like it a lot. The FX in it are outstanding! It's very easy to use. Don't get me started on Steel Guitar and Magellan. Those two apps are top of the tier.