Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT... Bob Dylan gets the Nobel Prize in literature for 2016...

edited October 2016 in Other

It seems that many of us members here on Audiobus Forum is in middle age and has a lot of experience of culture and music specifically...

What´s your opinion on the Bob Dylan got the worlds most finest culture prize 2016; the Nobel Prize in literature?

For all of you that hasn't got any knowledge of the Nobel prize it has been awarded to different persons in a few categories since 1901, like literature, physics, chemistry etc... The prizemoney this year is one million dollar...

It was 23 years since USA got the literature prize last time...
TS Elliot and Ernest Hemingway is two of the famous american author who´s got the prize...

But, Bob Dylan, is he worth the Nobel Prize in literature as an poetry?

Bob Dylan himself hasn't yet given any sort of comments about this after nine days since the annoucement - whatsoever... Typically him ;-)

How big is Bob Dylan for you?

Comments

• I really know or think little of much of this but if a president killing people can get their peace prize then what are any of their prizes worth?

• @AudioGus said:
    I really know or think little of much of this but if a president killing people can get their peace prize then what are any of their prizes worth?

Keep in mind that the original Nobel Price is Swedish (Alfred Nobel was Swedish scienceman and inventor) and the Peace Price are an Norwegian price in the memory of Mr Nobel...

But strange though with this years pricewinner in peace...

• edited October 2016

I have mixed feelings about this. I like Dylan and his works but I don't think it's a good idea. Who's gonna be next - Tarantino?

Moreover, I think this prize does not make any sense at all. I don't understand how they choose the laureates. Take the works of the shortlisted writers and translate them into English (Swedish) ? That's just plain stupid

PS. Sorry, it's prize, not price ;)

• @yug said:
    I have mixed feelings about this. I like Dylan and his works but I don't think it's a good idea. Who's gonna be next - Tarantino?

Moreover, I think this prize does not make any sense at all. I don't understand how they choose the laureates. Take the works of the shortlisted writers and translate them into English (Swedish) ? That's just plain stupid

PS. Sorry, it's prize, not price ;)

Yeah! Prize, not price... I now that for sure now... haha...

• edited October 2016

Bob is Bob...

• What´s your opinion on the Bob Dylan got the worlds most finest culture prize 2016; the Nobel Prize in literature?

I'd find it stranger if he got one for outstanding achievements in music.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@AudioGus said:
    I really know or think little of much of this but if a president killing people can get their peace prize then what are any of their prizes worth?

Keep in mind that the original Nobel Price is Swedish (Alfred Nobel was Swedish scienceman and inventor) and the Peace Price are an Norwegian price in the memory of Mr Nobel...

But strange though with this years pricewinner in peace...

Do you mean the guy who invented dynamite? That doesn't normally make me think of peace but certainly puts a weird spin on the whole thing.

• He already won the "Príncipe de Asturias" prize, Arts category (2007), as Woody Allen did (2002).

I think this kind of honour fits better with Mr. Dylan profile, not judging his musical talent.

• edited October 2016

I like Bob. Hard to over-estimate exactly what he's brought to our popular culture (and maybe beyond), but for a sleepy Sunday afternoon on Mars I might recommend, say, Pynchon or Roth to any alien wanting to take a look at post-war American literature through the eyes of folks who remain as yet unrewarded by the Swedes. And others (of course).

• @AudioGus said:

One year even Putin was a contender. Imagine how they would look like now had they selected him.

Arafat is a laureate and Gandhi, who was nominated several times, isn't...

• As a poet, he was and is a genius in my mind. All the hoohah annoys me, leave the guy alone. He's an old fellah, not in the public eye any more and it's entirely up to him whether or not to comment. Go Bob!

• Yea - was a little surprised when I heard he had won a prize. Even more surprised when I heard they also gave one to a scarecrow.
    He was outstanding in his field.

• In the words of Homer Simpson, I'd kill for the peace prize!